Bestbuy now offering Trade in's -Online-

Derrick1979

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Saw this looking at the Bestbuy site.. You can get instant quotes on TIV for games and game systems.This post may seem pretty plain and lazy but honestly with all the values at the site with typing in the game title there is no need for an official list.If there is anything with a huge trade TIV that is a great flip or so I may add to the first post as sort of an alert.

Here is the link with all the info:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat186500050003&type=category

Good for anyone wanting to try this.

- Thanks for looking -

I used Best Buy's service at the end of July and it worked out well, but be forewarned that it does take a bit of time to receive your gift card. For whatever reason, this Best Buy service doesn't use an electronic gift card like Amazon, rather they mail you an actual gift card.

Within about a week of mailing the games and a couple of HD-DVD players, I received notification that the items had arrived and that I would receive the full trade value. It then took about week and a half to two weeks for the gift cards to arrive.

Everything went off without a hitch and I recommend the service, just be aware going in that this will take several weeks for the gift cards to arrive, if you're cool with that, then it's all good.

checked through a few games. prices arent that great but, more companies competing for the used game market is always good. hopefull this makes GS and other places start to raise there TIV's.

Some of those prices are really confusing.

Why are the collectors versions of both Fable 2 and Fallout 3 worth less than the regulars?

[quote name='fazzle']Some of those prices are really confusing.

Why are the collectors versions of both Fable 2 and Fallout 3 worth less than the regulars?[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing but also have noticed that sometimes the collectors editions of games sit unsold used simply because the people who traded it in kept all the collectors stuff and what not so people just go with the regular edition which in most cases is sold cheaper used.

Great idea, but they really need to up the trade in values if they aren't going to compete with Gamestop's trade in values by having trade in promotions and such. This might be good for the casual trader, but for anyone who gives a shit, this is a little bit of a rip off. At least Amazon has the right idea, offering additional promotions on top of the trade value.

some of the trade in values are laughable. Ace Combat 6 is $10 TIV but Ace Combat 6 with the stick is $9?

Some of the games arent that bad though, I can easily break even with some of my Target clearance purchases

[quote name='cb4774']I used Best Buy's service at the end of July and it worked out well, but be forewarned that it does take a bit of time to receive your gift card. For whatever reason, this Best Buy service doesn't use an electronic gift card like Amazon, rather they mail you an actual gift card.

Within about a week of mailing the games and a couple of HD-DVD players, I received notification that the items had arrived and that I would receive the full trade value. It then took about week and a half to two weeks for the gift cards to arrive.

Everything went off without a hitch and I recommend the service, just be aware going in that this will take several weeks for the gift cards to arrive, if you're cool with that, then it's all good.[/QUOTE]

Same problem, but worse. Sent my games, received confirmation from Best Buy and notification that my credit was on its way. Waited about 3 weeks , but received nothing so I sent an email asking where my credit was. Didn't receive a reply, so I sent a few more over the course of a week. Still nothing. Got angry and sent a nasty email. Finally got a reply, and then my credit arrived about a week later. Really bad first impression and bad trade values = Not worth it.

I traded in 2 beat up old laptops and a damaged iphone and had no problems. Took about 2 weeks to get my gift card. The only complaint I have is the moron girl working the checkout at best buy who tossed my gift card in the trash after swiping it despite it having several hundred dollars left on it.

[quote name='caltab']I traded in 2 beat up old laptops and a damaged iphone and had no problems. Took about 2 weeks to get my gift card. The only complaint I have is the moron girl working the checkout at best buy who tossed my gift card in the trash after swiping it despite it having several hundred dollars left on it.[/QUOTE]

I assume you promptly asked for her to pick it up out of the trash though.

[quote name='Gertle627']It actually looks like the trash games are worth more than GS. Example: X-Men Offiicial Movie Game - $4.
[/QUOTE]
Yah, I noticed that. I am getting rid of some copies of Wii Puzzler Collection and Guitar Hero 3, along with some other oddballs that they give me more for then else wear, and getting about $50. Not to bad, but I think I am just breaking even since a few of the things really tanked in value like the MLB Front Office Manager. I could try and sell them my self, but most of them just aren't moving or are jsut not worth the effort.

Rest of the stuff that I just can't get rid of (Some of them I have had over a year at the lowest price, no one wants them), I am just going to scrap for cleaner boxes and give to gamestop tommorow.

Hmmm... 78 bucks for a good conditioned PSP. There isnt a choice for the 1000,2000,and 3000 so Im guessing thats for any of them.
May trade in my PSP 1000 for that price since its only 30 at Gamestop.

Nice. I bought a clearance copy of Guitar Hero: World Tour for PS3 at Target for $7, and Best Buy is going to buy it for $14. Not bad. I can also get rid of a few other games that have about the same trade in value as over at Gamestop or Amazon.

I'm going to sell my old worthless N-gage to them for $15, and my beat up old Ipod Video 30GB from 2004 for $44. $60 for old junk is always good.

Yeah, these prices aren't bad... but they aren't great either. They are perhaps slightly better than Gamestop. But they are still accepting a handfull of og xbox games, which GS is not, so that's something I guess...

bread's done
Back