Street Fighter 4 $19.99 (PC) 50% off this Weekend on Steam.

Now, are there any mods out there to make the female characters vaguely attractive? I don't mind a buff female character or two, but SF4 is just so ugly. especially their faces! I can tolerate ugly men, but I will not tolerate ugly women!

Also, I have Blazblue, which is pretty. But I could always Ebay Blaz and pick up SF4, especially since SF4 has free online play, right?

How active is the online community for the PC version?

This is tempting but I'm also on a network that blocks the Steam client meaning I can't even play this till I go home in 2 months. Interestingly enough, GFWL works fine here so I could play this online, but just can't get on Steam to download it. Meh.

It's pretty active, but sadly, the matchmaking is just as frustratingly handled as the console version. I do like the game, and I've played over 1000 matches online but it can get annoying.

[quote name='palejackal']Now, are there any mods out there to make the female characters vaguely attractive? I don't mind a buff female character or two, but SF4 is just so ugly. especially their faces! I can tolerate ugly men, but I will not tolerate ugly women!

Also, I have Blazblue, which is pretty. But I could always Ebay Blaz and pick up SF4, especially since SF4 has free online play, right?[/QUOTE]

lol @ Xbox players having to ask if non-Xbox games have free online play or not...

[quote name='Master Ninja']what are the pc requirements?

Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53Ghz 6MB cache 1066mhz FSB is what I have.[/QUOTE]

Not sure of the minimums, but I have a Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz 4MB cache 1333MHz FSB, 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2, Geforce GTX 260 216 Core Superclocked video card, and a LG 23" 16x9 monitor. SF4 is beautiful on it, and runs smooth as silk at 1920x1080, with settings cranked way up.

This is one of the few games that I have both on a console and on the PC. PC fighters are so scarce (not counting emulation, of course), it was a must buy on the PC. Well worth $20, if your system can handle it. If only Capcom would release MvC2 on Steam as well. Some of the newer arcade fighters are running on PC hardware on a slimmed-down XP OS, there's no technical reason that they couldn't port them easily to the PC.

[quote name='Master Ninja']what are the pc requirements?

Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53Ghz 6MB cache 1066mhz FSB is what I have.[/QUOTE]

What vid card?

As long as you have a halfway decent graphics card, the game has pretty modest system requirements. After all, the arcade game ran on off-the-shelf PC hardware

I just bought it for the 360 when it was on sale for $20 at Gamestop. Would have picked it up for the PC, though. Thanks for the post anyway.

Ah, the psychology of Steam. I held off on buying the PC version specifically because I knew something like this would happen.

I'll bite. Thanks for the heads-up.

Alittle off topic but does anyone know if the PS3 Street Fighter TE stick is fully compatable with the PC version of this game?

I only ask because im running Windows 7 and have an Nvidia chipset and I cant even get my PC to reconize the buttons and stick when I plug it in? (I tried xjoy or whatever it is called and still wont reconize the buttons)

So my question is does it come with a driver built in to this game?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Haven't got any wired 360 controllers so this is a no from me, bummer. Wish I did.[/QUOTE]

You can use wireless xbox controllers from your pc you just need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver i have one and it works great. I think they are only about 20 bucks

If you purchase via steam, can you still apply the skin mods?

Also, if you choose to buy as a gift, do they just send you a redemption code? I'm having trouble with my account, and might not get it resolved until the sale is over. I might need to make a new account just to buy it. Hopefully I can just redeem it with my old one later. Would this work?

[quote name='2&2']If you purchase via steam, can you still apply the skin mods?

Also, if you choose to buy as a gift, do they just send you a redemption code? I'm having trouble with my account, and might not get it resolved until the sale is over. I might need to make a new account just to buy it. Hopefully I can just redeem it with my old one later. Would this work?[/QUOTE]

When you buy as a gift, it gets sent to an email address or steam id. Through that email address, the receiver gets to log in or make an account, or through steamid, just gets the game. They must claim the game, or else the gifter can send the gift elsewhere. You should, in theory, be able to buy on another account, and gift to your original, but it isn't by coupon code or such, just directly linked.

[quote name='V878']Do they email the GFWL CD Key after you buy it or is the only way to get it through the Steam client?[/QUOTE]

They give it to you through the Steam client, but you can view it at any time.

[quote name='XxSmityxX']Alittle off topic but does anyone know if the PS3 Street Fighter TE stick is fully compatable with the PC version of this game?

I only ask because im running Windows 7 and have an Nvidia chipset and I cant even get my PC to reconize the buttons and stick when I plug it in? (I tried xjoy or whatever it is called and still wont reconize the buttons)

So my question is does it come with a driver built in to this game?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there is a compatibility problem with nVidia chipsets. I'm not sure if there is a workaround for it yet, but I haven't seen anything.

[quote name='distgfx']Heh, at that price, you might as well get it with the controller for less than $40.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...dows-pc/dp/B000KA5T6A/ref=dp_cp_ob_vg_title_0

Though I wouldn't recommend playing this game with an 360 controller at all.[/QUOTE]

Word of caution: The wireless receiver does mess up nearly all of your connected USB devices. For instance, when plugged in to your mobo usb slots, some people's mice stop working; for me, my mic will stop functioning. You need a separate powered USB hub to make sure everything functions correction. Or else, if you want to fix everything, unplug the wireless receiver and restart your comp, and that's REALLY annoying.

It might actually be to your advantage to play these fighting games using your keyboard, no kidding.

[quote name='kilm']Word of caution: The wireless receiver does mess up nearly all of your connected USB devices. For instance, when plugged in to your mobo usb slots, some people's mice stop working; for me, my mic will stop functioning. You need a separate powered USB hub to make sure everything functions correction. Or else, if you want to fix everything, unplug the wireless receiver and restart your comp, and that's REALLY annoying.

It might actually be to your advantage to play these fighting games using your keyboard, no kidding.[/QUOTE]

I'm not discounting what this guy says, but take into account your own setup. I have a USB headset and a USB mouse plugged in at all times, and my laptop can still power the wireless adapter as well. The wireless adapter can work well for some people.

For Kilm, what kind of mouse do you use? Wireless mouse? Wired mouse? Maybe a specific kind of mouse always shuts down, and for the others reading, they may have no problems since they don't have the particular kind.

[quote name='kilm']Word of caution: The wireless receiver does mess up nearly all of your connected USB devices.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, mine's always on and I use a USB mouse, keyboard, sound card (X-Fi 5.1) and external HDD. No problems here, first time I've heard of a problem like this.

[quote name='distgfx']That's odd, mine's always on and I use a USB mouse, keyboard, sound card (X-Fi 5.1) and external HDD. No problems here, first time I've heard of a problem like this.[/QUOTE]

Same here, i actually forgot I had mine plugged in til recently.

This is a fantastic deal. The PC version is definitely the best one - especially since you can change the music to good music!
You can earn Achievements for your XBL GamerTag too, which is neat.

[quote name='2&2']If you purchase via steam, can you still apply the skin mods?
[/QUOTE]

Yes. You can't play online matches while using some hacked files though.

I'm not too big on Street Fighter, but I'm slightly tempted. I'd be using either keyboard or 360 controller though. Hmmm.

[quote name='nikkai']Don't forget, with the PC version, there are tons of awesome and NSFW mods out there haha:[/QUOTE]
Wow, they added quite a few since I checked it. The Ibuki and Black Beret for Cammy are tight. I really wish they had included Ibuki but I'm hopeful the inevitable tournament turbo EX2 alpha edition will have her. That's when I'll pick it up on PC for sure.

[quote name='distgfx']They give it to you through the Steam client, but you can view it at any time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply but decided to hold off getting this; just too many games to get in the future and not enough money.

[quote name='FigNewton']Unfortunately there is a compatibility problem with nVidia chipsets. I'm not sure if there is a workaround for it yet, but I haven't seen anything.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just found that out last night after purchasing the game o'well...

It did reconize the stick BUT could not configure the buttons, it's funny because when you launch the game it has sponsership by NVIDIA themselves in a self-promotion intro, this is very strange and im surprised there hasn't been a patch out yet for this issue.

Guess I'll have to buy a VIA pci card for usb or just dual-mod a 360 pcb into the stick.

Game does look ALOT better on the PC if you got the hardware to run it though.

[quote name='s2k']Damn it i want this so bad but i wonder does anyone think it will get cheaper for the pc i mean.[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt be surprised to see this on sale for at least $20 during the coming holiday season if you wanted a physical copy that didnt need steam.

Theres also the Steam holiday sale to look forward too, though it will probably be the same price then that it is now. Of course if you wait long enough everything gets cheaper.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I've heard people say that but I can't find it for less than 40...

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1252108827&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Thats interesting, they must of discontinued it. The MSRP did use to be $20, i remember i got mine for about $14.

As already stated though perhaps its for the better. Mine use to cause BSODs when i left it plugged in.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I've heard people say that but I can't find it for less than 40...

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1252108827&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]They have been incredibly tough to find lately but they do work great. I would recommend picking up a bundle even though it will cost a bit more...

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1252203203&sr=1-1

That link is for a standard issue wireless controller PLUS the gaming receiver for $38.

I had to bite on this and it is a beautiful game. It also works great with my 360 controller and even supports vibration. Just have to get some practice in before I start getting my arse handed to me online

bread's done
Back