Qubed (Rez HD, Lumines Live +DLC, Every Extend Extra Extreme) $19.99 MSRP (Update)

Doomed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Metacritic Scores for

[quote name='Amazon']LUMINES LIVE! - Standard Edition (12 skins). Additional Premium Downloadable Content Included: Advance Challenge Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack Puzzle, Tokyo Club Mix Pack, Heavenly Star Skin, Breeze Skin.[/QUOTE]
According to the DLC listing on the Microsoft website, the only DLC not included is "Booster Pack". ($7.50/600)

http://www.amazon.com/Qubed-Xbox-360/dp/B00242KDH2/

The individual games would cost $30/2400 space bucks, not counting the deals of the week. If you were to purchase all of the content in this pack, (before Nov. 14, when two skins stop being free) it would cost $78.75/6300 space bucks. If you decide to buy the booster pack that Atari decided they wouldn't include*, you would still only pay $27.49 with this pack.

Releases September 15, 2 days from now.

Bastards, there's more than enough room! They could include every theme and gamerpicture for all three games and still be like 6 GB short of filling the disc! :bomb: Still a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god! SPACE BUCKS??!?! Spaceballs!!!

.....ahem. I really should get rez hd. Game's freaking amazing on dreamcast already.

Huh, that's pretty cool, it's always nice when Live Arcade exclusive games are released on disc. I'd pick it up if I didn't already have Rez HD from way back when it was 550-or so MS Points.

Also from the description, it sounds like these games would be much more expensive if purchased from Xbox Live since Lumines Live apparantly comes with all of the DLC packs, which are usually like $20 on their own.

Thanks for the heads up! I've always wanted to play Lumines but the way they made you pay for each part of the game was messed up so they never got any of my space bucks. I'm in for one of these!

Dammit, I wish I never got RezHD way back when it came out. I never even touched it as whenever I wanted to play Rez, I just took out my Dreamcast.

I never knew about this compilation! I appreciate the news! I never bought Rez HD and E4 though I really wanted to. . .I just have issues with Xbox's DRM and I already owned the games in different forms. But, I'm definitely picking this up.

Also, I fully endorse the internet renaming of MS Points to Space Bucks. At least Nintendo Points has a reasonable conversion rate.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Why would anyone want Rez without the Trance Vibe?[/QUOTE]

Never had the 'trance vibe' on the Dreamcast or the HD version on the 360 and loved them both.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Why would anyone want Rez without the Trance Vibe?[/QUOTE]

You can use up to 3 xbox360 controllers as Trance Vibrators if I remember correctly.

The Xbox 360 version has the best vibration/rumble solution of any version. It's awesome being able to put a couple Xbox 360 controllers in the cushions of your couch and one along the back and literally being able to feel the beats against you. Great for parties too!

[quote name='fart_bubble']hmm $20 for Lumines. Might just wait for a price drop before I pick this up as I have the other two games[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just download Lumines for $10?

This is a great deal for me, since I don't have any of these games (except for Lumines on the PSP) and I have had interest in E4 and Rez HD, so this is perfect.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']Couldn't you just download Lumines for $10?
[/QUOTE]

this is supposed to have all the DLC which is still quite pricey. In reality, I'm saving about $20 by getting this than buying it as piece meal

Dang, to get this or not. Have Lumines and Rez already, but as people have mentioned before, the Lumines DLC is pricey and this nearly covers that alone - plus throwing in E4 for good measure.

Glad to see the Breeze and Heavenly Star DLC for Lumines on there. I d/led them when they were free, but I haven't seen them listed on the marketplace anymore at all. Can you even still download those two songs/boards?

Ahh, this includes the DLC for lumines? do the others have dlc/have it included with this?

Also, wasn't Lumines for xbla/psn supposed to get a price drop soon?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I'm definitely going to get this! I would like to see more of these compliations of live arcade games.[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's nice to play these games at others homes without worrying about downloading the game and your gamer tag.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Ahh, this includes the DLC for lumines? do the others have dlc/have it included with this?[/QUOTE]

E4 and Rez HD don't have any DLC.

Yea, the 360 version lets you enable up to three extra controllers and uses their rumble as a super mega baddass Trance Vibe.

"That's just wrong," to quote my wife (with a smile) after she tried it. :)

[quote name='Doomed']http://www.amazon.com/Qubed-Xbox-360/dp/B00242KDH2/edit: I don't see anywhere where it says the Lumines Live DLC is included. It would be nice if it was, but I doubt it will.[/QUOTE]

On the Amazon page, it specifically says:

Additional Premium Downloadable Content Included: Advance Challenge Pack, Rockin' Holiday Pack, VS CPU Pack, Puzzle/Mission Pack Puzzle, Tokyo Club Mix Pack, Heavenly Star Skin, Breeze Skin.

Is that all of the DLC? (And yeah, I could probably go look that up, but I'm feeling lazy and I'm sure somone here already knows.)

Had I not bought Rez already, this would be a no brainer. Still this is a maybe (especially a used copy with a 20% off coupon.

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Dammit, I wish I never got RezHD way back when it came out. I never even touched it as whenever I wanted to play Rez, I just took out my Dreamcast.[/QUOTE]

Once you try it at 60 FPS with HD graphics, you'll never go back. It's worth buying twice.

Should I just spend 1600 on Rez HD & E4?

I don't really care for Lumines and I have points to burn from the Axe codes...
I really don't want to shell out another $20 when I have points that'll expire by Oct. 30 from the Axe codes...
But I wouldn't mind having Rez & E4 on an actual disc... bah! Decisions...

That's a pretty good deal for 4 games since most of them are about $10. I'll keep my eye on this since I have interest in Rez and E4. Already have lumines (pretty much bought it on day 1) and was not thrilled of how "basic" it was and that the d-pad doesn't help either. Thanks op for the info

[quote name='ZerotypeX']That's a pretty good deal for 4 games since most of them are about $10. I'll keep my eye on this since I have interest in Rez and E4. Already have lumines (pretty much bought it on day 1) and was not thrilled of how "basic" it was and that the d-pad doesn't help either. Thanks op for the info[/QUOTE]
It's only 3 games, Qubed is just the name of the compilation.

Great collection of arcade games. I grabbed Rez HD randomly a little after it came out and it was amazing. I bought Lumines after I played the PSP version to death. The d-pad really killed the game for me. It also felt like I was buying a shell of a game and needed to pay for the content. This verison seems to have all the extra stuff so it is probably a better experience.

Basically this is a fantastic deal if you don't own any of the games and probably still a fantastic deal with you do. Especially since this is the kind of disc that can be found on the cheap pretty quickly after launch. Curse digital distribution and it's terrible "deals".

Damn, I don't think I had ever heard of this being announced. I have EEE and Lumines on the PSP but I've wanted them on Live. And I got REZ when it came out on Live(even though I have it on PS2)......I may still get this though; it's a really good deal!

[quote name='Chemosh013']Hey, for those of you that can't find the heavenly star or breeze themes (and already purchased the game), i went through my download history and found the links:

Heavenly Star Link:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0cc00005-0000-4000-8000-0000584107f8

Breeze Link:
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0004-0000-4000-8000-0000584107f8[/QUOTE]

Ok i have no idea how these links work, how do i download these on my 360?
I think i might just buy this 3 pack even though i own Lum, i really want Rez HD and all that DLC would just make my life easy.

Wow... I will definitely have to get this. I love Rez on the PS2 but I've been holding off on Rez HD cos I prefer having a physical item that I can resell at some point.

[quote name='therocky2']I tried to dl through the links and they didn't work. It said they were expired. :([/QUOTE]

Oh that sucks. I thought MS left all the content up. I can still redownload them but i guess they don't let new downloads.

This is one of like... two releases that actually makes me want to get a 360. And if it weren't for the 57% failure rate or whatever I'd have gotten one long ago.

... DANG IT, I want Rez HD. *groans*
Can't justify a 360 just for this and one or two RPGs though. =( WipeoutHD will have to tide me over.

I too bought Rez HD (maybe at the xmas sale last year?) and have unlocked almost all of it. Can anyone confirm the XBA save is compatible with the Qubed collection? I'll def pick this up someday, great value for stellar games.

Will be getting this for sure when I get my 360 in a week or so. I previously owned Rez HD, but gave my first 360 to my brother. Definitely won't mind owning it again along with the other two games for $20!

Got this earlier this week -- great package! One problem though: the disc still spins after I installed it to the hard drive. The same thing happens with other XBLA compilation discs (namely, Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade). Is there some sort of issue that prevents disc-based XBLA games from being installed properly?

THanks to the original poster, as I had no idea that this existed. There have been so many times that I went to buy Lumines or Every Extened, but resisted the temptation.

[quote name='bullet time']Got this earlier this week -- great package! One problem though: the disc still spins after I installed it to the hard drive. The same thing happens with other XBLA compilation discs (namely, Namco Museum: Virtual Arcade). Is there some sort of issue that prevents disc-based XBLA games from being installed properly?[/QUOTE]

I hate the fact that the disc still spins like crazy, even after the install. I have yet to figure this out.

Is all of the dlc for lumines on the disc or is it codes to download? Looking to buy this used but don't want to not get the dlc because it has already been claimed.

Since someone dug this up, I just picked this up at micro center for $12.99. Not a huge discount but I was happy. :)

bread's done
Back