Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) $19.96 @ Walmart

Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for a good deal on this game for a while, and it appears that there is one available across town.

Damn, I've been looking for that game for a while, but my local Walmart doesn't have any copies that I've been able to find. Oh well. Nice deal OP.

Wow. One store within 100 miles has it, according to the Web site. Thanks for pointing this out, though, OP. Great price for this game.

[quote name='skubish']Good game for that price[/QUOTE]

Um, not to argue semantics with you, but it's a good game for 3 times that price, if not more.

Yeah I did the price change yesterday we didn't have any neither did many stores in general. Most ps3 owners. Most ps3 owners agree that this is the best RPG on the system.

Not sure their availability tracker works at all, as it found one Wal Mart store within 100 miles of me, when in fact there are 100,000,000 within that radius, and it doesn't actually list that store for stock.

Just in time to get people ready for the sequel. Great deal, though I already picked up my copy months ago. This is one time I don't regret spending the extra dough.

Excellent Game!!! Worth retail. I picked it up from GS when it was $30 during a weekend sale. If they bring out a second one it will be a day one purchase for me!

Ugh. I made a special trip out to Gamestop for it, and of course they had open box copies they were trying to sell as new, as usual. :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Excellent game. I managed to get this at Gamestop for $17 used about a month ago. I would've preferred to get it new, but I couldn't pass up on the price at that time. You'd be a fool not to get it for $20 new.

Very nice find, just none for me within 100 miles.I did snag a copy when hastings online had a 30%off sale used games.The game I got actually was decent.Just a little scratch on the front of the case.The game disc itself looks clean,not a single scratch.Came complete with manual too.
I paid $25 for mine.

Anyone been burned with driving to the store and once you get there, then they say it's $39.99? Just curious -- the Wal-Mart page says, "Online and store prices may differ, and prices may vary from store to store."

If people have been burned on this, I'm hesitant to do this since the closest store that has it in-stock is 40 miles from me.

[quote name='chopper']Anyone been burned with driving to the store and once you get there, then they say it's $39.99? Just curious -- the Wal-Mart page says, "Online and store prices may differ, and prices may vary from store to store."

If people have been burned on this, I'm hesitant to do this since the closest store that has it in-stock is 40 miles from me.[/QUOTE]
After tax and gas to/from (80 miles!!!), you won't be getting much of a bargain any more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. Just picked one up.

My Wal-Mart didn't show up online as having this, but I knew I'd seen a bunch of copies a couple of days ago for $40, so I called. They did have it in stock and the woman thought it was still $40, but checked for me and it was $20.

So if you don't see it online, you might try calling your closest stores.

[quote name='chopper']Anyone been burned with driving to the store and once you get there, then they say it's $39.99? Just curious -- the Wal-Mart page says, "Online and store prices may differ, and prices may vary from store to store."

If people have been burned on this, I'm hesitant to do this since the closest store that has it in-stock is 40 miles from me.[/QUOTE]

See above. When they checked, it was really in the system as $20.

Thanks for the tip OP, but nothing in stock within 100 miles of me. It sucks to live in LA County when trying to find a bargain. Too many people crammed into a relatively small area = games are bought out loooong before the rock bottom clearance prices are rolled out >.

MannishBoy is right. The web site showed the closest was 40+ miles away. I called the store like 3 miles away and they said they had copies, and it was $19.96.

It really is a gem. If you don't mind mixing turn based strategy with a 3rd person shooter and light RPG elements, you will absolutely love this game.

It also has easily one of the best translations I've ever seen in a game a quite good voice acting as well.

[quote name='deouble9s']MannishBoy is right. The web site showed the closest was 40+ miles away. I called the store like 3 miles away and they said they had copies, and it was $19.96.[/QUOTE]

But of course I was :cool:

I don't even have a PS3 and probably won't until Last Guardian comes out, but I'd still buy this and just sit on it for a year if I could get my hands on it. I'm fairly certain that there are at least two Wal-Marts within 30 miles of me that I remember having a healthy supply of Valkyria, but I can't make it out of town until the middle of next week. Fingers crossed...

just called two wall-marts near me...none in stock. the nearest one is 23 miles away. I really really want this game..but ill pass if its that far.

Crap! I had just bought a copy last weekend for 39.99 at GameStop. Called a few GameStop and it was the only copy available at 3 GameStops around me... thought I snagged a good deal on a "rare" game.

Props to those who snagged up this deal. It really is a gem. There's not much of a learning curve, but it does take a bit of getting used to getting shot at in real time in a tactical turn-based game. lol

One store in 100 miles may have it, but its not that far from me. I can pick it up, and return it to gamestop since I just bought it a few days ago, and I can use the $20 difference for Scribblenauts or something like that.

Thanks OP! Got one:

picture.php

[quote name='Drkirby']One store in 100 miles may have it, but its not that far from me. I can pick it up, and return it to gamestop since I just bought it a few days ago, and I can use the $20 difference for Scribblenauts or something like that.[/QUOTE]

My GameStop copy comes without shrink wrapped, so I'm not sure if they'll accept a return. :( Does gamestop even take returns on games? I thought they're all very nazi about returns.

[quote name='XClaude']My GameStop copy comes without shrink wrapped, so I'm not sure if they'll accept a return. :( Does gamestop even take returns on games? I thought they're all very nazi about returns.[/QUOTE]

As long as it still has that clear sticker that they usually put on, you should be fine.

This would be INSANE if you found a best buy with it, then they could price match it and do bogo50% off.

Of course Best Buy usually crappies almost exclusively garbage games.

[quote name='regis100']Thanks OP! Got one:

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

It's pretty sad to see it next to X-Blades at twice the price.

To echo what others have said, if you don't get this game, especially at this price, you might as well turn in your PS3.

bread's done
Back