PSPgo Gets Price Cut in UK!

spiderdog

CAGiversary!
Here you go...

http://worthplaying.com/article/2009/10/5/news/69054/

If they are going to cut the price, it needs to be done within 30 days of purchase and this launch. Otherwise it would be much harder for Sony to refund the difference. People can just go back to where they got it and get the money difference back. If this makes any sense then MAYBE we might get a price cut also here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']At 150 this is a no brainer, until then....pass. I mean come on 250 for that thing, 50 less than a PS3? Riiiiiiight[/QUOTE]

It makes you wonder what they're smoking at Sony? They announce the PSPgo for $250 and a few weeks later announce the PS3 for $300. I mean what could go wrong?

Sony really, really needs to stop screwing early adopters like they've done with the PS3 and PSPgo. They're building a terrible rapport with consumers this generation with all the indecision.

[quote name='mogamer']It makes you wonder what they're smoking at Sony? They announce the PSPgo for $250 and a few weeks later announce the PS3 for $300. I mean what could go wrong?[/QUOTE]

Yea same could be said for Wii/DSi.($200 vs $180)

This brings there price down to @ $320 in Uhmerican money. So I guess a $25 price cut here could be in the pipes.

Adding this to the PSPgo thread, nice find spiderdog.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']At 150 this is a no brainer, until then....pass. I mean come on 250 for that thing, 50 less than a PS3? Riiiiiiight[/QUOTE]

Why would you even buy one at $150 when you can buy a 3000 that can download the same stuff the PSPGo can as well as play UMD games and movies???

[quote name='darknight88']Yea same could be said for Wii/DSi.($200 vs $180)[/QUOTE]

You're right on that. I would never pay $180 for a DSi. But both the Wii and the DS/i have outsold their Sony counterparts, so I guess Nintendo has more room to work with.

Still don't want one even if they sold here at $200. I just ordered the AC2 White bundle from Amazon.com. The 3000 can pretty much do everything the Go can do and more.

[quote name='robbrism']Why would you even buy one at $150 when you can buy a 3000 that can download the same stuff the PSPGo can as well as play UMD games and movies???[/QUOTE]

Nah that makes to much sense don't it? :applause:

[quote name='Jodou']Sony really, really needs to stop screwing early adopters like they've done with the PS3 and PSPgo. They're building a terrible rapport with consumers this generation with all the indecision.[/QUOTE]

um how did they screw the early adopters of either? i mean sure the psp2000 is a lot better than the original, but if anything the original release has been the easiest to run homebrew on, even today! as for ps3 -- the early adopters have by far the best versions of the console, especially the 60gb crowd. full BC! (yes the 20gb model sucked, but the 60gb is still the best, by far - hardware bc, extra usb ports, memory card reader).

if by 'screw' you mean 'overcharge' well then every manufacturer 'screws' early adopters since the system price always inevitably drops.

that being said, im not going to get the pspGO untill either A) someone hacks it for homebrew and ability to move my umds over or B) its available for 50$. whichever comes first.

[quote name='darknight88']Yea same could be said for Wii/DSi.($200 vs $180)[/QUOTE]

DSi is only $170.

Sony is really having problems getting their pricing strategy right this generation. Everyone knew the PSP Go was priced too high. Everyone.

Without a price drop their sales figures for this model will be embarrassing and they will be forced to drop the price.

Sony really needs to quit going after the premium market. PSP Go Should be $169. PSP should be $129. Match Nintendo's price, and win the battle on the feature set and maybe folks will be interested in developing for the platform again.

Wow, to think I still have my original PSP-1000 which I bought at launch! I've been gaming on it extensively and my collection of UMD games have grown so much (thanks to the cheap bargains that I buy games I normally won't think of playing) I don't think I will ever get around to it. I can thank the Disgaea games for that... invested couple of hundred hours into both and am still playing D2... My Persona is crying to be unwrapped and played.

[quote name='postulio']um how did they screw the early adopters of either? i mean sure the psp2000 is a lot better than the original, but if anything the original release has been the easiest to run homebrew on, even today! as for ps3 -- the early adopters have by far the best versions of the console, especially the 60gb crowd. full BC! (yes the 20gb model sucked, but the 60gb is still the best, by far - hardware bc, extra usb ports, memory card reader).

if by 'screw' you mean 'overcharge' well then every manufacturer 'screws' early adopters since the system price always inevitably drops.

that being said, im not going to get the pspGO untill either A) someone hacks it for homebrew and ability to move my umds over or B) its available for 50$. whichever comes first.[/QUOTE]
It's a combination of the two. This gen has seen such rapid price and hardware specification changes, it makes you wonder why anyone would want to buy the next-gen consoles at launch. There used to be confidence behind early adoption of consoles, but now that they're becoming more of PCs it's hard to justify. M$ is guilty of this as well, but that's mostly due to a rushed launch and faulty hardware.

I'm just happy to be mainly a PC gamer where there's no restrictions on what I can upgrade or when.

Not really fair comparisons though since the people who are going to buy a DS/PSP probably aren't looking to buy a PS3/Wii. Ya, they're around the same price, but so what?

bread's done
Back