Congrats From Software. You resurrected something I thought was dead.

Paco

CAGiversary!
Swearing at Video games. It's been about 10-15 years since I last swore at a video game. I thought that part was gone. However after playing about 20 or so odd hours of Demon's Souls, I felt the RAGEEEEEEEEEEEE boil inside of me again. After losing to the Tower Knight, I was like YOU fuckING BITCH. I fuckING HATE YOU. fuck fuck fuck fuck. And as I progressed ever more, I started feeling so much anger at this game. I was like I fuckING DIED AGAIN?! WHAT THE fuck, I PARRIED THAT. GET YOUR ASS UP YOU fuckING KNIGHT. DON"T SWAGGER.

This game is single handedly making another generation of Rage Gamers. Online game has online Rage. This has RAGE that lasts for years. People may rage over losing a game of street fighter, but after a few hours they'll forget. Demon's Souls rage however will leave RAGE MARKS on you for years to come.

[quote name='pete5883']I don't know, I feel like every game makes me mad at it like this at some point or another.[/QUOTE]

Demon's Souls makes you mad in a COMPLETELY UNIQUE and DIFFERENT WAY. Infact I stopped playing and took a bath and took a quick nap and I woke up with rage in my eyes and I was like NO! I WILL NOT LET YOU BEAT ME. fuck YOU NEXUS

Don't play the game then. It sounds interesting but I don't have time to deal with bullshit like that. I get pissed off playing regular games. I can't imagine how I'd be with Demon Souls. Why would you play a game that makes you that mad? How is that even fun?

[quote name='Blackout']Don't play the game then. It sounds interesting but I don't have time to deal with bullshit like that. I get pissed off playing regular games. I can't imagine how I'd be with Demon Souls. Why would you play a game that makes you that mad? How is that even fun?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but it is. It's like when I finally beat the boss, I do a dance and sing the fuck YOU song. I do some more dancing and am vindicated.

[quote name='Malik112099']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Laugh all you want, but the natural high I get from beating one of these fuckers is most excellent. If there was a drug that mimicked the natural highs of beating a Demon's Soul boss, that would outsell weed in an instant. It's just like you beat that boss and WOW.

With all the talk of games being too easy nowadays, will Demon's Soul resurrect the way games used to be too hard??

Interesting, though. Online rage is alive and well, but single player? Hmmm...

It always amazes me how CAGs can get around the Shaq Fu filter merely by using all caps.
Last game I swore at a lot was the final sequence in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. They kind of programmed it to be aggravating no matter what you do, which I don't really agree with.

[quote name='Paco']Laugh all you want, but the natural high I get from beating one of these fuckers is most excellent. If there was a drug that mimicked the natural highs of beating a Demon's Soul boss, that would outsell weed in an instant. It's just like you beat that boss and WOW.[/QUOTE]

No, im laughing cause ive done that same dance!

[quote name='Malik112099']No, im laughing cause ive done that same dance![/QUOTE]

Because of Demon's Souls?

[quote name='Paco']Because of Demon's Souls?[/QUOTE]

no..just the same fuck you dance once I get past a certain point in some games i have played

Paco, what's the hardest boss of the game? I wanna youtube it up to see what its like.

Also, how long is this game on normal difficulty. And what are the difficulties.

[quote name='blader16']Paco, what's the hardest boss of the game? I wanna youtube it up to see what its like.

Also, how long is this game on normal difficulty. And what are the difficulties.[/QUOTE]

Which boss is the hardest? That's like asking which shot to the nuts hurts most. Would you prefer to be punched in the balls, kicked in the balls, constantly flicked in the balls or bitten in the balls. And what difficulty does it come in? It comes in only one. And that difficulty is fuck YOU.

Holy fucking shit! You weren't kidding about this game's difficulty!

I just reached my first Tower Knight, and
:bomb:

Kill all the archers first, get on the upper left and every time right before he attacks, use Soul Arrow to hit him in the head. That's the easiest way to do this fight. I actually tried to fight him by hitting his foot with the sword and dodging his attacks. He sat on me after I got 75% there.

[quote name='Brak']Holy fucking shit! You weren't kidding about this game's difficulty!

I just reached my first Tower Knight, and
:bomb:[/QUOTE]Hey, can you tell me how you put a link into the spoiler button & how you did a double link?

[quote name='Paco']Kill all the archers first, get on the upper left and every time right before he attacks, use Soul Arrow to hit him in the head. That's the easiest way to do this fight. I actually tried to fight him by hitting his foot with the sword and dodging his attacks. He sat on me after I got 75% there.[/QUOTE]

I actually just did that (the soul arrow method), it was very satisfying. I can't imagine how someone plays as a fighter without magic...

I dont know about rage, but i will say this game is a goddamn heartbreaker. Getting all the way to a boss to die and basicly end up losing all your souls cause some cheap shot kills you on the way back to reclaim them feels almost as bad as seeing the woman you are deeply into sucking face with another chick.

Woah, wait... that is a good thing. WTF am i thinking of.....

[quote name='happy']I actually just did that (the soul arrow method), it was very satisfying. I can't imagine how someone plays as a fighter without magic...[/QUOTE]

Its hard... very very very hard and time consuming

I only rage when I am playing online, and only rage against the person when they play the game wrong. Like when playing a fighting game and my opponent uses the same move OVER AND OVER AGAIN, or when I play Gran Turismo and some idiot rams into my car when I am doing a long turn over 100 MPH and I lose control going from 3rd place to last place.

Perfect Dark Zero, Ninety Nine Nights, and recently, Halo 3 Legendary have had my controller feeling the pain too.

Games are the only stress in life. lol

[quote name='BigPopov']Perfect Dark Zero, Ninety Nine Nights, and recently, Halo 3 Legendary have had my controller feeling the pain too.

Games are the only stress in life. lol[/QUOTE]

oh god, i quit N3. fuck that game

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The best thing about this thread is that Paco didn't believe me when I told him the game was hard. Now he is constantly bitching about the game.[/QUOTE]
lol I remember that. I was thinking about quoting him but I got lazy.

I didn't find the Tower Knight too difficult.
I shot arrows at its face while a teammate ran around his legs and the Knight tried to attack him.
What really fucking sucked was the cavern. I was ambushed by some motherfucking fire lizards. Seriously? Fire Lizards?

If I had a PS3 I would be buying this game.

I can haz a port one year later with extras? Oh, that's only for 360 to PS3 JRPGS? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PS3 is getting harder to resist every year, but I already got too much on my plate with a Wii and 360.

Damn you Atlus.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']If I had a PS3 I would be buying this game.

I can haz a port one year later with extras? Oh, that's only for 360 to PS3 JRPGS? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PS3 is getting harder to resist every year, but I already got too much on my plate with a Wii and 360.

Damn you Atlus.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with this comment.

[quote name='BigPopov']Perfect Dark Zero, Ninety Nine Nights, and recently, Halo 3 Legendary have had my controller feeling the pain too.

Games are the only stress in life. lol[/QUOTE]

I found N3 and Halo 3 Legendary to be pretty easy. And I even got all the A ranks in N3 for the cheevos.

[quote name='necrojustice']I didn't find the Tower Knight too difficult.
I shot arrows at its face while a teammate ran around his legs and the Knight tried to attack him.
What really fucking sucked was the cavern. I was ambushed by some motherfucking fire lizards. Seriously? Fire Lizards?
[/QUOTE]

I feel like summoning a teammate is cheating to get through, obviously you can let someone else kill the boss. On NG+ I'll give it a shot, although I'm debating if I should try letting someone call me over to see how it works (I just don't want a level I haven't played yet spoiled).

LOL And I was thinking about getting this game too. The art of swearing video games is never lost. GTA 4, SF4, The last part of Killzone 2 and many more all make me want to club baby seals.

[quote name='ktims777']Its hard... very very very hard and time consuming[/QUOTE]

I didn't pay any attention to the warnings about that and I've been playing through as a Knight. It does take a lot of time to get the timing right and get comfortable getting up close all the time, but man...Once you get in the zone, it's awesome.

if you're really patient, playing as a knight is not bad at all. I beat the tower knight without too much trouble.
I used a steel shield to mitigate the damage that he deals out at close range. The only annoying part is that when he falls on his back, you have to get out of the way quick.

Oh shit, I don't think I should get this game. I broke my controller trying to beat Uncharted 2 on crushing. I'd probably kill a baby if I played this.

But this thread, is hysterical and it makes me happy to not being alone.

Other games I raged out on: Uncharted 1, COD4(veteran - fuck YOU), Geometry Wars (I was surprised how mad I got...), Elite Beat Agents and Battle with Lou on Expert GH3 (Omg... I went insane).

Uncharted 1 on crushing is getting me into that rage now. I so wanted to throw my controller at the tv then I remember the controller is $60 bucks and my tv is over $600.

About the only time I really rage out is when I'm playing GTA IV online and I'm waiting for my friggin' character to reload or get up after being knocked down. I swear, it seems like he does it friggin' slo-mo at times.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The best thing about this thread is that Paco didn't believe me when I told him the game was hard. Now he is constantly bitching about the game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't either. Speaking of this game, you want your import copy back for only $35-40 shipped? :lol:

bread's done
Back