New PS3 SKU announced 250gb

An Xbox 360 with a 250gb drive would cost $800.

This is a good deal for someone that loads up their ps3 with movies and music.

$50 for double and no hassle is not terrible. Glad to see it is not that $100 jump. Still should have bundled some software with this one, imo. Even if it was Uncharted 1... great game that would move systems... only retails for 30... and would get more people to pick up 2.

they need to just stick to one model ps3.its easy enough to change the harddrive yourself especially on the new slims if anything why not sell sony brand harddrives or something.

[quote name='Puffa469']An Xbox 360 with a 250gb drive would cost $800.

This is a good deal for someone that loads up their ps3 with movies and music.[/QUOTE]Actually, it is $400, for the COD MW2 Elite, with a game and an extra controller thrown in for good measure.

[quote name='lokizz']they need to just stick to one model ps3.its easy enough to change the harddrive yourself especially on the new slims if anything why not sell sony brand harddrives or something.[/QUOTE]

Because then you would have to pay extra for the upgrade. For example, if they only sold 20GB consoles, and you wanted a 120GB hard drive, you'd have to buy an extra hard drive, then be stuck with a useless 20GB hard drive. It's easier to just to include larger hard drives in the PS3s as the cost of producing larger drives decreases. Basically, they're putting as much memory as they can in the PS3 without driving up the cost too much.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Because then you would have to pay extra for the upgrade. For example, if they only sold 20GB consoles, and you wanted a 120GB hard drive, you'd have to buy an extra hard drive, then be stuck with a useless 20GB hard drive. It's easier to just to include larger hard drives in the PS3s as the cost of producing larger drives decreases. Basically, they're putting as much memory as they can in the PS3 without driving up the cost too much.[/QUOTE]

well if you put it that way it makes sense but then youre kinda sol if you bought one of the earlier slims with less memory. not to mention you could always put that 20gb drive into an elclosure and use it as an external harddrive. im gonna need a new drive before the year ends myself 80gb doesnt last as long as youd think it would.

[quote name='Puffa469']An Xbox 360 with a 250gb drive would cost $800.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, it is $400, for the COD MW2 Elite, with a game and an extra controller thrown in for good measure.[/QUOTE]

Bravo, shrike, bravo. :applause:

My Thought process:

Don't care. Don't care. Don't care. Don't care. DEFINITELY don't care. Don't care. $350? That's surprising. Don't care. Don't care. Don't care.

[quote name='nachzeher']Of course. The day after I crumbled and bought a slim.[/QUOTE]

i think u should keep it... i would
i think its a better deal buying the current 120gb and going on newegg and getting a 250gb for $55 shipped or 320gb for $60 shipped
changing HDD is easy, theres videos on youtube

at the end u only pay $5-$10 for the same thing or BETTER than what sony is about to offer
+ u have a spare 120gb hdd for ur laptop or w/e

[quote name='shrike4242']Actually, it is $400, for the COD MW2 Elite, with a game and an extra controller thrown in for good measure.[/QUOTE]

I was making a joke about the prices of 360 hardrives.

I didn't know that the MW2 360 had that large of a hardrive though. I do want that thing, I'm a sucker for custom colored/limited edition consoles.

[quote name='KingBroly']My Thought process:

Don't care. Don't care. Don't care. Don't care. DEFINITELY don't care. Don't care. $350? That's surprising. Don't care. Don't care. Don't care.[/QUOTE]

Then don't post.

[quote name='salty tbone']Bravo, shrike, bravo. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Yes bravo, you proved that not only are you an Xbox fanboy, but you also love the comma key. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='KingBroly']My Thought process:

Don't care. Don't care. Don't care. Don't care. DEFINITELY don't care. Don't care. $350? That's surprising. Don't care. Don't care. Don't care.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Slim-line is kinda nice but I don't think I'd use that much memory on my PS3 anyway, so if I brought it it would be a waste of money. Probably more for people who use their PS3's for stuff other than playing games.

[quote name='gindias']Yes bravo, you proved that not only are you an Xbox fanboy, but you also love the comma key. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm not really sure what "fanboy" means, but I do enjoy when snarky jokes are met with facts. Sorry if my commas offended you.

bread's done
Back