BF: Bad Company 2 LE Preorder now available at Amazon-($50 for PC or $57 for 360/PS3)

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
update

The Limited Edition is not exclusive to GameStop & it is now available at Amazon.com for $57 shipped for 360 & PS3, $50 shipped for PC while supplies last:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=bad+company+2&x=0&y=0

Here is the Limited Edition perks in action!
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition Trailer
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...ld-bad-company-2-limited-edition-trailer?hd=0

http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=419704
EA Announces Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Limited Edition

STOCKHOLM, Oct 29, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS), today announced a Limited Edition* release of Battlefield: Bad Company(TM) 2, the premier first-person shooter of 2010. The Limited Edition game features six special gameplay unlocks that give players a tactical advantage on the battlefield from the minute they fire up the game. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 has been recognized by critics worldwide for its uncompromising action gameplay, unprecedented level of destruction, vehicular warfare, squad play and open sandbox environments in a modern warfare game. Available while supplies last, the Limited Edition version of the game will be sold at the same price as the standard version of the game with participating retailers in North America on March 2, 2010 and in Europe on March 5, 2010.

The Battlefield: Bad Company 2Limited Edition delivers six special customizations early to give players a day one advantage in multiplayer matches. Four vehicle warfare unlocks will immediately enhance the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 best-in-class online vehicle warfare experience, delivering extra firepower, radar, and armor for the vehicles. Additionally, the tracer dart attaches to any enemy vehicle and allows RPG-toting teammates to track, lock on, and destroy their adversary. Seasoned veterans of Battlefield 1943(TM) will be able to immediately re-acquaint themselves with two classic and highly powerful weapons, the M1A1 submachine gun and the M1911 pistol.

The full list of six unlocks are as follows:

Four vehicle warfare unlocks

* Improved Vehicle Armor - An up-armor package is mounted on all vehicle types, decreasing the effect of both explosive and penetrating warheads, significantly improving vehicle survivability.
* Supreme Vehicle Firepower - Additional weapon packages are mounted for the driver of all armored vehicles, greatly expanding the range of targets the vehicle can successfully engage and destroy.
* Vehicle Motion Sensor - Use this electronics warfare package to locate enemy units in direct proximity to the vehicle.
* Tracer Dart Pistol - This magnetic dart attaches to any vehicle surface, allowing squad members to track, lock on, and fire rockets onto moving targets even beyond line of sight.

Two classic Battlefield 1943(TM) weapons

* M1A1 Submachine Gun - Reliable but heavy this classic weapon is a powerful force in the hands of any Battlefield veteran.
* M1911 Pistol - Highly customized M1911 are favored for its dependability and the power of its large .45 caliber round.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 will be available on March 2, 2010 in North America for the Xbox 360(R) videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and the PC. The game will be available on March 5, 2010 in Europe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since it has the worry free lowest price guarantee I'd go ahead and preorder now, just because I think it will increase in price.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Amazon No tax and Amazon $$ off next game > G$

Not to mention it would go against my morals to buy from there.[/QUOTE]

That's true, I was hoping Amazon will sell it too since I have $25 in credit I need to spend but the fact is Amazon hasn't added it to their product line-up yet but GS has so it may be exclusive to them with a "limited amount". It doesn't hurt to preorder from GS & then cancel later if a better deal comes available at a lower price ;)

I'm purely buying from Amazon to get the $20 next game credit. I'm gonna sell this copy for a profit. Don't give a damn about this game. (oh, this is the LE edition)

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm purely buying from Amazon to get the $20 next game credit. I'm gonna sell this copy for a profit. Don't give a damn about this game. (oh, this is the LE edition)[/QUOTE]

There isn't a $20 credit offer or any credit offer for Bad Company 2 at the moment via Amazon. Their current deal is $57 shipped unless that changes closer to the release date(March 2).

Oh damn... this hangover. I totally thought this was COD MW2. lol

No, ok. Well, I'll definitely be getting this game, but I don't want the LE. I'll be using the $20 credit on this though probably. xD

It seems that they're only really offering additional downloadable weapons, perks, etc...I'm not complaining, for the same price as regular, it's nice, but nothing mind-blowing. Doesn't seem to be any kind of special packaging, etc...

GS will probably just toss in one of those little cards with a redeemable code on it.

[quote name='sgaldis']GS will probably just toss in one of those little cards with a redeemable code on it.[/QUOTE]

I wish, when GS had the exclusive Far Cry 2 LE it ended up being 2-3 non-unique codes that everyone could use to unlock the extra maps and etc.

I also saw the Limited Edition of Bad Company 2 is posted on Barnes & Noble.com so this may not be an exclusive deal to GameStop. As the OP said, I have credit from Amazon & it would be a much cheaper deal than GameStop but I do want the LE perks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention AKS-74 bonus on GameStop.com is exclusive, it was added before the Limited Edition was announced.

Reserve Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and get instant access to the AKS-74 assault rifle for multiplayer action. Firing over 650 rounds a minute, this silent but deadly beauty will give you maximum pwnage over your friends and enemies. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Online Customers: Code to unlock the AKS-74 assault rifle and redemption instructions will be emailed to reservation customers one day prior to the game's release.

Online / In-Store Pickup Customers: A pre-order card with code and instructions for downloading the AKS-74 assault rifle will be arriving in stores shortly before the game's release date.

[quote name='M_Rated']I wish, when GS had the exclusive Far Cry 2 LE it ended up being 2-3 non-unique codes that everyone could use to unlock the extra maps and etc.

I also saw the Limited Edition of Bad Company 2 is posted on Barnes & Noble.com so this may not be an exclusive deal to GameStop. As the OP said, I have credit from Amazon & it would be a much cheaper deal than GameStop but I do want the LE perks.

Oh, and I forgot to mention AKS-74 bonus on GameStop.com is exclusive, it was added before the Limited Edition was announced.[/QUOTE]All the games that are in Barnes and Nobles are shipped by Gamestop. It even says that when you click on the game.

Check out the EA store at www.ea.com, BF BC 2 limited edition is only $59.99 there, I had some $10 Sim cards left over so I went ahead and used them up to order it. But $60 for the limited edition seems like it is at least $10 off.

I'm never gonna buy from Gamestop and their no-deal-havin', no-discounting ways again. Hard to think of a worse major retailer of games in terms of being able to get any sort of discounts on new-release titles.

The less we buy from Gamestop, the less we support them, and the smaller marketshare they have, the more it'll discourage game companies from blindly signing up deals with them with these stupid exclusive "limited editions" or exclusive maps/weapons and crap like that. Not to say we know if this limited edition is exclusive to Gamestop yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Not really a "deal", and I hate GS but thanks nonetheless. I like how EA did it this time, by giving us the Limited Edition game for the same price as the normal version.

Too bad it couldn't look like a LE game (outer case, extras, etc.).

[quote name='LiquorLicks']Check out the EA store at www.ea.com, BF BC 2 limited edition is only $59.99 there, I had some $10 Sim cards left over so I went ahead and used them up to order it. But $60 for the limited edition seems like it is at least $10 off.[/QUOTE]

This. It's also available on the EA Store.

And here's the difference in coverart for the LE and regular edition.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/bat...0/29/battlefield-bad-company-2-packshots.aspx

Waiting for the LE, but can't beat Amazon's offer at the moment.
smile

[quote name='sTaTIx']I'm never gonna buy from Gamestop and their no-deal-havin', no-discounting ways again. Hard to think of a worse major retailer of games in terms of being able to get any sort of discounts on new-release titles.

The less we buy from Gamestop, the less we support them, and the smaller marketshare they have, the more it'll discourage game companies from blindly signing up deals with them with these stupid exclusive "limited editions" or exclusive maps/weapons and crap like that. Not to say we know if this limited edition is exclusive to Gamestop yet, but it wouldn't surprise me.[/QUOTE]

Um, no. It's not exclusive to Gamestop.

It's probably like Blazblue, where all first run copies are the "special" version and a month later the regular version ships.

So the Battlefield 1943 weapons are just 1943 weapons in Battlefield 2? Or is it a code to unlock those weapons in 1943?

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm purely buying from Amazon to get the $20 next game credit. I'm gonna sell this copy for a profit. Don't give a damn about this game. (oh, this is the LE edition)[/QUOTE]
Are you really so downtrodden that you have to buy and sell new games just to make 15-20 bucks? Get a job at McDonald's or something. That's one of the most ridiculous penny-pinching statements I've read at this site and there's been tons.

Missing out on an awesome game, as well.

[quote name='Porksta']So the Battlefield 1943 weapons are just 1943 weapons in Battlefield 2? Or is it a code to unlock those weapons in 1943?[/QUOTE]

They are weapons from 1943 to be used in BFBC2.

All of the LE unlocks can be obtained by playing through the game, this is just their way of giving fans who buy it early a "day 1 advantage" in MP.

Gamestop sure made a lot of enemies somehow eh. Anyways, Amazon's various deals have been swaying a lot of people toward them. Good for us consumers and good for their stock holders.
smile

Amazon is showing the LE cover art on the PC version at the moment:
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Pc/dp/B002NIP2SM/

Maybe it's as we're thinking, any pre-orders will be the "LE" version, like they did with the recent Prince Of Persia release, and with Far Cry 2 from GS.

The 360 and PS3 version are still showing the non-LE cover art, and there's nothing that comes up on Amazon for "Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition".

The 360 & PS3 Limited Edition version are both now available aswell at Amazon.com for $57 shipped. OP was updated to the Amazon deal.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=bad+company+2&x=0&y=0

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon is showing the LE cover art on the PC version at the moment:
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Bad-Company-2-Pc/dp/B002NIP2SM/

Maybe it's as we're thinking, any pre-orders will be the "LE" version, like they did with the recent Prince Of Persia release, and with Far Cry 2 from GS.

The 360 and PS3 version are still showing the non-LE cover art, and there's nothing that comes up on Amazon for "Battlefield Bad Company 2 Limited Edition".[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='retail sucks']The 360 & PS3 Limited Edition version are both now available aswell at Amazon.com for $57 shipped. OP was updated to the Amazon deal.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=bad+company+2&x=0&y=0[/QUOTE]Here's the odd thing.

I checked my pre-order for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it's showing the item as "Battlefield Bad Company 2", though the URL for the item on Amazon shows it as the Limited Edition. Searching for Battlefield Bad Company 2 only brings up the LE versions, and when I click on the link for the LE, it shows the Instant Order Update that I've already ordered it.

I guess Amazon is moving slowly to change all the pre-orders for it or current/future orders to the LE. My guess is that it should all get fixed in the next few days.

Thanks for the info Shrike.

Now all we need to do is wait on the LE upgrade email & for the a few people on CAG to preorder this from GS instead ;) to confirm whether or not the bonus(AKS-74) code is unique. I was so pissed when I bought Far Cry 2 LE only to find out the unlock codes were not unique & posted all over the net the next day after release.

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's the odd thing.

I checked my pre-order for Battlefield Bad Company 2 and it's showing the item as "Battlefield Bad Company 2", though the URL for the item on Amazon shows it as the Limited Edition. Searching for Battlefield Bad Company 2 only brings up the LE versions, and when I click on the link for the LE, it shows the Instant Order Update that I've already ordered it.

I guess Amazon is moving slowly to change all the pre-orders for it or current/future orders to the LE. My guess is that it should all get fixed in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gunm']So is this a PoP-type "LE"?[/QUOTE]

It's a BlazBlue type LE in that only first print copies will be LE.
But, the content that comes with the LE can be accessed by playing through the game and unlocking it.

I posted this on SlickDeals aswell & someone pointed out the releases date on amazon changed from March 2nd to January 26. It was listed as March 2nd by Amazon just a few days ago & it's been that way for months. I have no idea as to why it was changed it unless they know something we do not. The demo is supposedly going to be out at the first of January well after the PS3 & PC betas in NOV-DEC, that was just announced 2-3 days ago. DICE/EA has been saying March 2nd for a while which I've been keeping tabs, LOL I'm a member of Clan Fossil(Battlefield Clan) over at 2old2Play.com

I am SO getting this for PC.

it will blow MW2 out of the water.

more players (even on console), bigger maps, squads, destructible environments, more classes, some maps w/ vehicles, awesome graphics, etc...

also, see sig

the LE was already announced it would be no more in price than the regular edition. It was a matter of limited supplies.. hence the LE instead of a CE =) so yeah this price is good, but it's not gonna go up to like $69 or something..

i'll wait until it hits $30. Not much of a deal anyway. Full MSRP on the PC version and the standard $3 off on the consoles. A bit dissapointing on Amazons part if you ask me.

by the way the unlocks the LE gives you, you can earn them on the regular version as well. Only difference is you get them immediately. Thats all it is.

[quote name='eau']I hope amazon gets the preorder bonus for the beta and an in-game costume/skin like GS does.[/QUOTE]it gets all the same stuff. but the only places giving out the beta keys for PS3 are GS & BB.

PC beta will be free 3 weeks after PS3 beta.

I preordered from GS just for the beta. More than likely I'm going to switch over to Amazon if I still have credit left over towards the release and if they have release day shipping.

Wow, double ripoff.

This LE isn't even a LE at all, AND they're destroying the integrity of the online game by letting people buy an advantage?

So I pre-ordered the LE PC version at GS. Does that mean I will be able to play the beta, and if so when will it be available?(If anyone knows). I also noticed that on the GS website it ships 3/10/2010, while on Amazon it says it will be available January 26, 2010.

Edit: I think I read an article saying the beta is PS3 Exclusive or that they'll be getting it sooner. Nov 19th.

[quote name='tobinbell']Wow, double ripoff.

This LE isn't even a LE at all, AND they're destroying the integrity of the online game by letting people buy an advantage?[/QUOTE]

Consider it a pre-order bonus. There are plenty of pre-order bonuses that have the same sort of offers and I wouldn't consider any to ruin the integrity of the game. And how is it a "double" ripoff when you're not paying extra for the LE? It's a ripoff if this LE was $70 but it's not.

I mean think about it this way, Anyone who buys the game at launch is getting the LE, So that's an even playing field for all players. if you buy the game later on you're going to be at a disadvantage to everyone else who had the game from the start anyway. Everything included in the LE can be unlocked in the game itself. Integrity = Fully intact.

[quote name='tobinbell']Wow, double ripoff.

This LE isn't even a LE at all, AND they're destroying the integrity of the online game by letting people buy an advantage?[/QUOTE]

You're not that good at readin are ya son?

bread's done
Back