(PS3 + 360) Marvel VS Capcom 2 madcatz arcade stick $159 on gamestop.com

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
EXCLUSIVELY at gamestop only I saw one of these in store! I Haven't heard of any reviews, does anyone know if this is as good as the TE stick? I can't say since I never used the TE stick...

looks like it's in stock for 360 too

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75734

media

From the description right there on the product page...

"Armed with the PS3 Marvel vs. Capcom 2 FightStick Tournament Edition from Mad Catz, your foes will tremble in terror as you mercilessly drain their health bar with a flurry of effortlessly executed fireballs and fierce combos."

It's the same stick, with MVC2 art instead.

[quote name='FigNewton']From the description right there on the product page...

"Armed with the PS3 Marvel vs. Capcom 2 FightStick Tournament Edition from Mad Catz, your foes will tremble in terror as you mercilessly drain their health bar with a flurry of effortlessly executed fireballs and fierce combos."

It's the same stick, with MVC2 art instead.[/QUOTE]

have you used this and the TE stick itself? I'm gonna ask someone that has.....

Son of a bitch I knew it. Ever since it was rumored to have popped up on the Play website months ago, I had a feeling they were making one. Man, I'd have bought this over my SF4 stick every time. Now that the market has pretty much tanked for TE's, I can't justify swapping mine out. :\

[quote name='CaoPi']have you used this and the TE stick itself? I'm gonna ask someone that has.....[/QUOTE]

its the same stick

[quote name='SDC']If it is the same stick why are they charging $10 more? Didn't the SFIV TE's launch at $150?[/QUOTE]

Probably to cover the license fee they're paying Marvel for putting their name and characters on the art...

and possibly because they think people are willing to pay it.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']Probably to cover the license fee they're paying Marvel for putting their name and characters on the art...

and possibly because they think people are willing to pay it.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna go with both.

I noticed the TE stick has dropped to $100 already look for this if you have a Fry's electronics near you the fight stick wave 2 (black artwork) does look pretty nice

sf4teround2ps3.jpg

I snagged one of these at GS yesterday; I didn't know crap about it coming out, but saw it behind the counter and had some cheap credit to burn. Looks and feels just like the SF IV Tournament Stick (I have a few of those, as well); the packaging is even the same, with the windowbox opening on the side. The graphics are pretty slick.

I saw these at a couple of GS. When I asked about it at one store, the employee acted like they were "hot" items, saying they're going for at least $300 on eBay. I laughed, and declined the purchase.

Looks sweet, but the price is rediculous >_>. My Tekken 6 LE Wireless Hori is doing more than good enough of a job for me, and it was practically half the price.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Looks sweet, but the price is rediculous >_>. My Tekken 6 LE Wireless Hori is doing more than good enough of a job for me, and it was practically half the price.[/QUOTE]
Tekken Hori stick is half as good

Dunno, the buttons are bigger, and it plays just as well, i just cant see that much more money being worth simple things. Anyone who says it plays half as good either doesnt have one, or is just a tourney supremist.

Had mine on pre-order at GS for awhile now, and picked it up this morning. Plays awesome and looks awesome. Only thing I hate is its a square gate, not octagonal. Other than that, everythings perfect

[quote name='dgwillia006']Dunno, the buttons are bigger, and it plays just as well, i just cant see that much more money being worth simple things. Anyone who says it plays half as good either doesnt have one, or is just a tourney supremist.[/QUOTE]

It may be half as good. But that doesn't mean it's total crap. It's a fine stick for the price. But these other sticks are much better. Not double the price better. They really should be around 100-120 dollars. Not 150-160 dollars.

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Hmm, $160 for a madcatz product? Doesn't seem worth it at all, is it alot better than the hori stick?[/QUOTE]

I would typically agree with you, but this particular stick is made from arcade parts and is pretty awesome. It is a lot better then the hori stick, the parts feel much better. I have hori real arcade pro, and the buttons are kind of junky compared to the madcatz.

Really?, I can't say anythng as I never used the madcatz stick but I would imagine it being great if it feels like an actual arcade stick. $160 is a crap load of money, I think I'll still skip it. Need some gaming headphones anyway

[quote name='CaoPi']I noticed the TE stick has dropped to $100 already look for this if you have a Fry's electronics near you the fight stick wave 2 (black artwork) does look pretty nice

sf4teround2ps3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Are these even out yet?

This is way too expensive even if the stick itself is great (same as the SFIV TE stick). Save yourself some money by going to Fry's and buy a SFIV TE for $99, then swap out the artwork yourself, which is incredibly easy to do.

to those who have used the tekken 6 fighting stick From 1 to 10 what do you guys give it.
whats cool about it n whats wrong with it?

asking because i was able to score one of those tekken 6 bundles from amazon--but dont know if the fighting stick is any good--never had one before but always wanted one--

should i just sell the unoped bundle for $100--n just use the money n see if i can find the SFV stick?

never had a arcade/fighting stick before so i would like one thats cool right out the box since i imagine modding one for a begginer isnt an option.

omg we are beating a dead horse. the product is mad catz in name only, it uses all genuine sanwa arcade parts, the same parts used for the japanese arcades.

these are identical to the SFIV TE stick, only with different artwork color, as such, THEY ARE THE SAME as the wave 2 stick (yes its out, it came out over a month ago) and the capcom female stick.

they are considered to be by far the best retail/official sticks you can buy

definitely better than hori, although hori are great non-arcade-standard alternatives

for quality info just read the SFIV TE stick thread on this forum or on shoryuken (sp?).

[quote name='OGHowie']Are these even out yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, a friend of mine has it (the all black one). I can ask where he got it from if you would like to know.

I'm a fighting game tourist but I have both the Tekken wireless Hori stick and a regular TE stick and the TE is hands down better from a build standpoint.

Echoing the same sentiment shared earlier in this thread, I'd say its the best mass produced stick released in NA to date.

The Hori stick is much lighter and wireless, which is one of the reasons I got it. I paid 135 for the TE and considered it a great deal. At $99 I will likely buy another (if I'm employed) so I can have another design.

I don't intend to ever need another arcade stick unless forced to upgrade or some significantly improved wireless tech comes out.

wow there sure are a lot of noobs on here probably won't even know what a square gate stick is.

going a bit of topic but this is side by side comparison from the TE stick to the T6 wireless which uses really cheap buttons btw (they are not actual sanwa).

Funny part about the review is imagine if you bring this to a tournament and the battery runs out. Your automatically disqualified

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoqCaiwsN4g

Here some FYI:

Tekken 6 LE Stick: stock Hori Parts (all buttons, and joystick), Square Gate?

Madcatz TE series sticks (Includes, SF4 TE, SF4 TE R2, MvC2 TE): All Sanwa parts, square gate.

For tekken these 2 sticks won't have any distinct advantage over each other because sensitivity doesn't really matter in Tekken. But if you play games like SF series, or versus series the TE stick will make a huge different. Hori parts aren't top of the line like sanwa parts but it is still pretty good. The $150 price tag of TE series sticks are totally worth it and it is somewhat cheap compare to buying a custom-made stick with the same parts. I'm waiting for a good price to pick up one of these TE baby as well since my Hori FS3 just broke a few days ago.

There's also the Hori Real Arcade Pro SA edition, which has all Sanwa parts and features PS2 game compatibility on a BC PS3. Look at my thread in the auction forum and you'll see how you could get one for less than $100.

The stick on the Tekken stick actually feels better than the FS3 but the FS3 is a personal fav of mine(aside custom and special sticks). Ill be buying this stick once it hits the 100 mark.

it's litterly the exact same thing as the SF4 tournament edition. the only difference being artwork and button colors. However i reccomend people buy the SF4 version that way they can put put any artwork they want, and you'll save some money by buying the older one.

[quote name='CaoPi']
Funny part about the review is imagine if you bring this to a tournament and the battery runs out. Your automatically disqualified

[/QUOTE]

That is not true, it counts the same as a player pausing the game during the match, counting as a forfeit for that round. As for people bitching this is just a re-skinned stick, most people know this. There is a market for people who collect sticks if you think it's to much or what ever problem you have, simple don't buy it. For those out there that enjoy collecting sticks with different official art this is a no brainer. Hell I paid close to $250 for the Death Smiles stick when it came out and it was well worth the price.

After playing for a bit, the MvC2 stick felt more responsive than my SFIV TE stick. Also I like that the art is holographic and the trigger buttons were re-arranged (I.E RB, LB, RT LT).

[quote name='Captain Commando']After playing for a bit, the MvC2 stick felt more responsive than my SFIV TE stick. Also I like that the art is holographic and the trigger buttons were re-arranged (I.E RB, LB, RT LT).[/QUOTE]

That's probably because the MvC2 stick is brand new, it's the exact same thing. ;)

Also, lol to anybody trying to compare the T6 stick to this one, here's my review of the T6 stick: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6509711&postcount=38

If you are going to buy a stick though, go with CaoPi's recommendation and buy a TE at fry's for $100 if they still sell them at that price. The quality difference between this and most other sticks is astonishing.

Alright I take back what I said about the Tekken stick, the stick does feel nice but after playing Gunbird with it, it did poorly compared to the FS3. TE stick FTW

After many months of research I just bought a used SFIV TE R1 on Amazon for around 86 bucks with free 2 day shipping. :applause:

Kept going back and worth between it and HRAP and HRAP SA. However, it seems the TE R1 is better than the HRAP so went with TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']After many months of research I just bought a used SFIV TE R1 on Amazon for around 86 bucks with free 2 day shipping. :applause:

Kept going back and worth between it and HRAP and HRAP SA. However, it seems the TE R1 is better than the HRAP so went with TE.[/QUOTE]

You had to bump this thread why? You even posted in the thread for the price drop of this very stick...

This thread needs to be removed.

[quote name='Captain Commando']I'm sure a topic has been made about the price drop, but the MvC stick dropped to $139.99.[/QUOTE]

lol

bread's done
Back