Flyers Nov. 27-December 3rd the Canadian black Friday edition

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Walmart

360 arcade $149
Guitar Hero Smash Hits 360 $18
NHL 10 360/PS3 $39.93
NHL 2K10 Wii $19.83
Black Wii remote with Wii motion plus $54.99 (cheapest I've seen, it's not on sale)
Avatar movie game 360/PS3 $64.83
Everything else is regular price.
iTunes gift cards two $25 cards for $40

Future Shop

Confirmed! Added stuff:

Facebraker 360 $9.99
The Simpsons $9.99 (I hated this game!)
Scene it? Box Office smash with controllers $19.99
Family games bundle: Scene it, your in the movies, and Banjo Kazooie $39.99
Rockband 2 360 $99.99
The Watchmen game 360 $19.99
Spiderman 3 360 $9.99
AC/DC live 360 $9.99
NCAA 07 March madness 360 $4.99
NFL head coach 09 360 $9.99
Wii Fit bundle with Wii music $119.99

XBOX 360/PS3 Need For Speed: Shift- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 NHL 10- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Dragon Age: Origins- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Fight Night Round 4- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Brutal Legend- $39.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Wolfenstein- $29.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Assassin's Creed- $14.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Prince of Persia- $14.99
XBOX 360/PS3 Wheelman- $9.99
XBOX 360/PS3 The Bourne Conspiracy- $9.99

XBOX 360 Left For Dead 2- $39.99
XBOX 360 Section 8- $39.99
XBOX 360 Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts- $19.99
XBOX 360 Ninja Blade- $19.99
XBOX 360 Mass Effect- $9.99
XBOX 360 Wireless Network Adapter- $59.99 (likely trying to clear out due to the new N adapters)
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller+Grand Theft Auto IV- $59.99
XBOX 360 Elite with Pure/Lego Batman/Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda/Fable 2- $299.99

Wii EA Sports Active- $39.99
Wii EA Sports Active More Workouts- $29.99
Wii Need For Speed Nitro- $39.99

PC Left For Dead 2- $44.99
PC Dragon Age: Origins- $44.99

Best Buy

Need For Speed: Shift 360/PS3 $39.99
NHL 10 360/PS3 $39.99
Dragon Age: Origins 360/PS3 $39.99
Fight Night Round 4 360/PS3 $29.99
Brutal Legend 360/PS3 $39.99
2 for $40 PS3: GT5 Prologue, Uncharted 1, Motorstorm, Resistance fall of man, Rachet and Clank TOD, Warhawk.
Wii EA Sports Active $39.99
Wii EA Sports Active More Workouts $29.99
Sims 3 PC $29.99
360 elite with Lego Batman, Pure and Fable II $279.99
PS3 controller and chat pad $79.99
Slim stand $24.99 :p
Avatar movie game 360/PS3/Wii $59.99
MX AV Reflex #64.99
Karaoke Revolution $49.99
Wii remote black with wii motion plus $54.99
Star Wars the clone wars republic heros $39.99
Fossile fighters DS $29.99
Legendary Starfy $29.99
Professor Layton Diabolical box $29.99

Toys R Us

Video games mix and match sale 360, PS3, PSP DS, Wii
Save $10 when you spend $39.99 to $74.97
Save $20 when you spend $74.98 to $99.97
Save $30 when you spend $99.98 and over
Not valid for individual games over $89.99
Buy a DS Lite $139.99 get $20 gift card
Hot wheels 10 for $10
30% off hasbro board games.

RCSS Ontario
coupon buy Wii sport resort get a extra Wii motion plus free $59.99
360 controller $$49.99 save $10
12 month xbox live save $54.99 save $5
2800 points card $34.99 save $5

Zellers

Moonight madness Flyer. The store will be closed from 5PM-6PM. Sale starts Friday at 6PM ends at closing!
DS Lite $89.99 15 per store only! Friday 9PM only.
All Ubisoft games $4.99-$89.99 buy 1 get one 1/2 off Limit 2 Wii/Xbox/PS3

Regular Flyer
Wii with New super Mario Bros. $259.99
Wii Sports Resort $54.99
Avartar movie game 360/PS3/Wii $54.99
Buy a DSi get a one of the Nintendo first party $19.99 games free (Brain age, personal trainer type games)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Princess.

I'm disappointed that TRU won't be having a B2G1 free sale in 2009. I thought it was a sure thing after last year's success.

[quote name='lustyhitter']Thank you, Princess.

I'm disappointed that TRU won't be having a B2G1 free sale in 2009. I thought it was a sure thing after last year's success.[/QUOTE]

"Success" is a subjective term. I wouldn't be surprised if TrU lost a lot of money during that sale.

[quote name='game_fanatic']"Success" is a subjective term. I wouldn't be surprised if TrU lost a lot of money during that sale.[/QUOTE]
It really shouldn't matter to them much since TRU in the US does that pretty frequently, and in the years past, they do consecutive b2g1 sales year after year during holiday buying seasons.

After all, I imagine one of the big reasons why they do this is to get rid of months worth of excess stock they won't be able to get rid of otherwise.

The purpose of a B2G1 sale is to hope that people will bite on the video game sale and will also buy something else to make up for the loss in profit. I guess while TRU U.S. has no problem doing it yearly, TRU Canada does. Then again, TRU Canada's "sales" aren't anything to brag about compared to their competition.

Well at any rate, there must be a reason why TrU does the B2G1F so infrequently, and since they are in the business of making money, they must lose money every time they do it. Perhaps in the States more people come into the store and buy other items, but in Canada we're smarter and just buy sale items.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I guess no one bought NHL 2K10 Wii.[/QUOTE]

It is actually very well done this year, too. Has all the features that the other version have except for the graphics.

I'll be picking this up with the $5 Kellogg's coupon.

Which store could I PM Dragon age or left 4 dead 2 to get the best discount if I can PM on this sale that is? also where did u see gow collection for 29.99? Cheers

I prefer TRU this year's sale than last year's B2G1 free. Since the selection at TRU are not as good as other retailers, and one can only maximize profit by buying all 3 59.99 or 69.99 games from B2G1 free.

This year's sale one can either purchase a game at 39.99 (almost any newly released psp games) and get 10 dollars off.

Or mix and match any 59.99 + 39.99 games and get 30 dollars off (eg Ratchet and Clank / Uncharted 2 + GOW Collector's Edition). You can probably PM FS's price for their black friday sale and use it as the 39.99 game (Dragon Age / NFS Shift / L4D2 Brutal Legend)

Or mix and match any 59.99 + 19.99 games at get 20 dollars off.

According to the website, a few Wii games are pretty cheap

At the Toys R Us sale the GOW collection will be $29.99.
Buy a game for $39.99-74.97 get $10 off. God of War collection is $39.99 buying it at this sale you'll save $10.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Zellers

Regular Flyer
Wii with New super Mario Bros. $159.99[/QUOTE]

That would have been a nice price for Wii with New Super Mario Bros, but the flyer I looked at had it for $259.99

[quote name='Princess Zelda']
Future Shop

The Simpsons $9.99 (I hated this game!)
[/QUOTE]

I didn't mind it, but the last few levels were really annoying (infinite enemy respawns...) and I gave up on the last DDR challenge because of the inaccurate XBox 360 d-pad...

XBOX 360 Elite with Pure/Lego Batman/Lego Indiana Jones/Kung Fu Panda/Fable 2- $299.99

Have to admit that's a pretty good deal. You get 5 games with your console, though the great Fable 2 isn't exactly family fare.

[quote name='Starke25']
I didn't mind it, but the last few levels were really annoying (infinite enemy respawns...) and I gave up on the last DDR challenge because of the inaccurate XBox 360 d-pad...[/QUOTE]

Played it on the Wii, and I didn't find it terrible. Some of the levels were clever, but it felt more frustrating then it needed to be. You're dead on with the final boss, a totally new mini-game that you needed to be perfect at, who's bright idea was that. Still any kind of Simpsons' fan would get $10 worth of entertainment out of it.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']At the Toys R Us sale the GOW collection will be $29.99.
Buy a game for $39.99-74.97 get $10 off. God of War collection is $39.99 buying it at this sale you'll save $10.[/QUOTE]

Chyeah. Also technically Assassins Creed 2 at 49.99 which isn't too bad. I'm still going to hold out hope on their B2G1F deal

[quote name='Starke25']That would have been a nice price for Wii with New Super Mario Bros, but the flyer I looked at had it for $259.99
Sorry, Fixed.

I didn't mind it, but the last few levels were really annoying (infinite enemy respawns...) and I gave up on the last DDR challenge because of the inaccurate XBox 360 d-pad...[/QUOTE]

It was the Shadow of the Colossal Donut level, bargin bin level and the DDR challenge that took all the joy out of the game. The DDR challenge became a vendetta again the programmers at the end I had to beat them!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']It was the Shadow of the Colossal Donut level, bargin bin level and the DDR challenge that took all the joy out of the game. The DDR challenge became a vendetta again the programmers at the end I had to beat them![/QUOTE]

I didn't think the DDR thing was that bad to complete, the bad part is completing it perfectly to get that achievement. I believe it was the last one I got.

Still, fairly easy game if you want achievements. It's also required playing for any Simpsons fan since it's the best Simpsons game ever (with the possible exception of the original Konami arcade game).

[quote name='Princess Zelda']RCSS Ontario
coupon buy Wii sport resort get a extra Wii motion plus free $59.99
360 controller $$49.99 save $10
12 month xbox live save $54.99 save $5
2800 points card $34.99 save $5[/QUOTE]

The BC flyer has the usual $25 gift card with $250 purchase too

My flyers finally came in, pretty late too!

I have some awesome things to add

XS Cargo
XBox 360 with BONUS 20GB drive, wireless controller, headset - $148
-it's a refurb of course :lol:
GH Aerosmith set for Wii - $47.99
GH Aerosmith and 2 controllers for PS2- $29.99
-no mention if these are refurbs

Also, note these two interestingly related SDM tibits:

1) Saturday and Sunday are "spend you points" event. Trade in 75000 points for $200
2) They have the Wii for $199.99

I'm just going to get Prince Of Persia for the PS3 at FS. If they don't have any, I'll just take Zelda's advice and buy GoW Collection at TRU and save $10.

EDIT: I've changed my mind. I'm going to buy Assassin's Creed 2 at FS and maybe PoP. Probably won't have GoWC at TRU, knowing that location on Merivale.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']Scene it? Box Office smash with controllers $19.99 [/QUOTE]

It looks like it's the stand alone game for $19.99 (The Version without the controllers).

[quote name='supergrover99']It looks like it's the stand alone game for $19.99 (The Version without the controllers).[/QUOTE]
It is the stand alone version that's on sale for $19.99, but the $39.99 bundle that has Scene It, You're in the Movies and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts includes the version with 4 controllers, that's the better deal.

[quote name='Lockescythe']Mss effect is a new Plat hit box if you're wondering.[/QUOTE]

The platinum hits also includes some DLC, as well.

I'm thinking about getting the GOW collection for $30, but I have gotten a lot of new games lately. Also to anyone thinking about getting L4D2 or AC2, I would definitely recommend them both, they are great games, L4D2 for $40 is hot!
and AC2 is MUCH better than the first AC game

[quote name='lustyhitter']I'm just going to get Prince Of Persia for the PS3 at FS. If they don't have any, I'll just take Zelda's advice and buy GoW Collection at TRU and save $10.

EDIT: I've changed my mind. I'm going to buy Assassin's Creed 2 at FS and maybe PoP. Probably won't have GoWC at TRU, knowing that location on Merivale.[/QUOTE]

I just called at 8am no stock of the GoW collection at Merivale :( Oh well, it goes back on my Christmas list now.

Buy Mass Effect it's well worth the $10 and the DLC included on the disk is fun. Read the manual :p I played a 1/4 of the game and died a lot before figuring out I could upgrade my bullets.

For scene it, They used the wrong picture for it then because the flyer shows the one with the 4 controllers.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I just called at 8am no stock of the GoW collection at Merivale :( Oh well, it goes back on my Christmas list now.

Buy Mass Effect it's well worth the $10 and the DLC included on the disk is fun. Read the manual :p I played a 1/4 of the game and died a lot before figuring out I could upgrade my bullets.

For scene it, They used the wrong picture for it then because the flyer shows the one with the 4 controllers.[/QUOTE]

You have to make sure to buy the Platinum Edition if you want the extra DLC! And I believe it only includes the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC, not Pinnacle Station.

Wow, TRU Merivale was busy!

The prices here are different from the flyer. Sadly, I had to pass on AC2. You see, AC2 and GoW3 only came up to $99.96 before taxes. For some strange reason, AC2 is $59.97. I picked up CoD:MW2 instead which was $59.99.

Then I went to FS and bought PoP and Wheelman.

Total spent: $108. Pretty good for a Canadian Black Friday!

[quote name='halcyon1234']Thanks for the info!

Is the Simpsons game for PS3 also?[/QUOTE]
The Futureshop flyer only has the 360 version listed at $9.99.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Sweet, got Wheelman, Mass Effect, L4D2 and Dragon Age: Origins at Future Shop this morning![/QUOTE]

I got the exact same games.. probably at the same futureshop too!

I used the scanning code of practice and got Dragon Age PS3 version for $29.99 at Best Buy! The Dragon Age PS3 english edition is still regular price $69.99 when it's scanned and on their website. The french SKU is on sale but they don't even stock of it at that store. But they had put the pick up game card on the shelf with the $39.99 price with the french SKU not english. When it scanned in at $69.99 I asked about the sale price in the flyer and the sale price on the shelf not being right.
Then I noticed the SCOP sticker on the cash and asked very nicely "Oh, I guess I can use the scanning code of practice to get an extra $10 off" She had to get it approved by the manager but I got it :)

This was at the Kanata BB but the video game department guy was peeling off the pricing sticker when I left. You might be able to try Future Shop :p

[quote name='TripleQ']I got the exact same games.. probably at the same futureshop too![/QUOTE]

Haha the one near Conestoga?? I did an ISPU on Wednesday and it seemed people were having trouble finding DA:O...plenty of copies left for L4D2!

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I used the scanning code of practice and got Dragon Age PS3 version for $29.99 at Best Buy! The Dragon Age PS3 english edition is still regular price $69.99 when it's scanned and on their website. The french SKU is on sale but they don't even stock of it at that store. But they had put the pick up game card on the shelf with the $39.99 price with the french SKU not english. When it scanned in at $69.99 I asked about the sale price in the flyer and the sale price on the shelf not being right.
Then I noticed the SCOP sticker on the cash and asked very nicely "Oh, I guess I can use the scanning code of practice to get an extra $10 off" She had to get it approved by the manager but I got it :)

This was at the Kanata BB but the video game department guy was peeling off the pricing sticker when I left. You might be able to try Future Shop :p[/QUOTE]

lol, Dragon age for $29.99 is definitely not too bad at all.

bread's done
Back