HDMI cables $0.15 + 3$ S&H from 3rd prty Amazon

For some reason, I would feel much better if they sold them for $3.15 with free shipping, call me crazy.
Edit: Dude, what's up witht he thread title? It's exactly what I posted above?
$3.15 w/free shipping.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']For some reason, I would feel much better if they sold them for $3.15 with free shipping, call me crazy.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'm crazy as well, as I think the same way.

[quote name='ndjn3979']Sounds like a fake/crappy generic.[/QUOTE]

A crappy HDMI cable? Lol...

They're all good. They used to be two cents with 2.99 in shipping. I've gotten four so far. Gave three to my brother and kept the last one for myself. Screw him and his many HD capable electronics!

[quote name='JLR']A crappy HDMI cable? Lol...[/QUOTE]
I guess some people must have brand name hdmi cables. :shame:

Armani HDMI it's so stylish that all the starved models are using it:cool:
MSRP = same as launch PS3 price;)

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I bought 2 of these on Tuesday. FYI there really is no such thing as a "crappy HDMI cable". They all work the same.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. It is possible for HDMI cables to not have enough bandwidth to be able to carry certain signals which can lead to what looks like little white sparkles in the video.

Just stick to Monoprice. They're cheap as hell and they're guaranteed to be high quality cables.

[quote name='PvtChurch']That's not true. It is possible for HDMI cables to not have enough bandwidth to be able to carry certain signals which can lead to what looks like little white sparkles in the video.

Just stick to Monoprice. They're cheap as hell and they're guaranteed to be high quality cables.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to claim to know a whole lot about HDMI cables, but isn't 1080P 1.3b the highest quality you can get at the moment with out being overkill? So far I've seen no white specs on my tv/brothers tvs.

Which 3rd party seller you guys buying from? Is it the eForCity ?

oh, and do HDMI cables make all of your systems HD?

Meaning I won't need to buy component cables for my Wii (even though the Wii only goes to like 480p)

[quote name='SativaSamurai']Which 3rd party seller you guys buying from? Is it the eForCity ?

oh, and do HDMI cables make all of your systems HD?

Meaning I won't need to buy component cables for my Wii (even though the Wii only goes to like 480p)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but you'll still need to buy component cables for your Wii. It doesn't have an HDMI port, meaning you can't use HDMI cables with it.

[quote name='ndjn3979']Sounds like a fake/crappy generic.[/QUOTE]

Because brand-name really matters when it comes to cables...

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']Sorry, but you'll still need to buy component cables for your Wii. It doesn't have an HDMI port, meaning you can't use HDMI cables with it.[/QUOTE]
Ugh, they're like $40 retail. :( I guess this HDMI cable is still worth it, I'm using 360 component cables and I know HDMI is better.

[quote name='JaroldL']are monster cables really worth it? never bought cheap cables before..[/QUOTE]

Monster cables are a complete waste of money. Total markup of price for an item 1/50 of what they are charging.

[quote name='ohram']I'm not going to claim to know a whole lot about HDMI cables, but isn't 1080P 1.3b the highest quality you can get at the moment with out being overkill? So far I've seen no white specs on my tv/brothers tvs.[/QUOTE]

Yes, 1.3b is currently the highest end specification. It has an absurdly high bandwidth limit and can carry uncompressed 1080p in the xvYCC color space with 24bit color with a 7.1 PCM audio track and still have bandwidth to spare. If an HDMI cable is a legit 1.3 cable then you will never have a problem with it. Hell if it's a legit 1.2 cable then you probably aren't going to have a problem with.

That's why I say stick with Monoprice though. They're guaranteed high quality cables and they're dirt cheap. I know and trust the company. Random 0.15 cables on Amazon could very well be some cheaply made piece of crap that doesn't have enough bandwidth to properly carry certain signals.

[quote name='JaroldL']are monster cables really worth it? never bought cheap cables before..[/QUOTE]

No Monster cables are not worth it. Monoprice cables are the same exact quality at literally less than 1/10th the price. Monster also makes their connectors too big so they have a tendency to break inputs and outputs.

[quote name='SativaSamurai']Ugh, they're like $40 retail. :( I guess this HDMI cable is still worth it, I'm using 360 component cables and I know HDMI is better.[/QUOTE]

Again: Monoprice. If you pay more than $7 for any cable that's less than 12 feet long you are getting ripped off.

Yeah stick with monoprice. I've bought from them tons of times, all high quality products and I recently bought some banana plugs and some cables and it arrived in 2 (or was it 3) days with their cheapest shipping method which us USPS Priority. They can sometimes be slow, where things take a week to get, but this time they were insanely fast and I was very surprised.

[quote name='SativaSamurai']http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=wii+component&x=0&y=0

Which of those would be best?[/QUOTE]

I prefer black cables (when the lights are out they are harder to see, which is a plus. I would get this one only because it does 360 and PS2/PS3 as well so if you want to take any one of those systems to a friends house you just need 1 cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=3706&seq=1&format=2

If you want just a Wii one I would get this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=3490&seq=1&format=2

Unless you want it to match the Wii then get the white one.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I prefer black cables (when the lights are out they are harder to see, which is a plus. I would get this one only because it does 360 and PS2/PS3 as well so if you want to take any one of those systems to a friends house you just need 1 cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=3706&seq=1&format=2

If you want just a Wii one I would get this:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=3490&seq=1&format=2

Unless you want it to match the Wii then get the white one.[/QUOTE]
Well I only have a 360 and Wii, and already have 360 component cables.

The quality of video/audio shouldn't be any different between cables though right?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah stick with monoprice. I've bought from them tons of times, all high quality products and I recently bought some banana plugs and some cables and it arrived in 2 (or was it 3) days with their cheapest shipping method which us USPS Priority. They can sometimes be slow, where things take a week to get, but this time they were insanely fast and I was very surprised.[/QUOTE]

Any of the Wii only cables will do just fine. The only difference is their color. I'd avoid the multiple console cables, I've heard bad things.

:lol:[quote name='The 7th Number']Seems like a great deal, but is HDMI that much better than Component cables? I already have some Component cables for PS3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SativaSamurai']Well I only have a 360 and Wii, and already have 360 component cables.

The quality of video/audio shouldn't be any different between cables though right?[/QUOTE]

Those 2 cables are pretty much identical except the white ones look like they have a mesh on the outside which I think makes cables look nicer but as far as I know it's mostly aesthetic, it may provide some extra protection/shielding, but if it does it would be minor, I THINK.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Seems like a great deal, but is HDMI that much better than Component cables? I already have some Component cables for PS3.[/QUOTE]

I missed this before. Honestly the average person is not going to see a difference. HDMI is capable of carrying an RGB color signal as opposed to components Y/Cb/Cr signal. Theoretically that will improve color fidelity in videogames as 360/PS3 games render in the RGB colorspace. That being said I honestly doubt you'd notice a huge difference. In movies it won't matter since even the highest quality Blu-Ray titles currently utilize the Y/Cb/Cr color space.

Conversely as far as resolution is concerned it makes no difference which cable you are using for videogames. Component will carry up to a 1080p signal for videogames just fine. Movie on the other hand will not output higher than 1080i via component cables because of HDCP restrictions. You also can't upscale DVDs over component.

Finally we come to audio. Assuming you have surround sound you are likely utilizing TOSLINK (optical) cables for your audio. These are capable of carrying Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio signals just fine. They can also carry a PCM (AKA uncompressed audio) stereo signal. The advantage HDMI has in the audio department is that it can carry a 7.1 PCM audio track so you can use lossless surround sound codecs such as DTS-MA and Dolby TruHD. If you don't have a receiver that can decode lossless audio tracks than HDMI is worthless to you. If you do then you'd be a fool for using optical.

Ultimately though here's the thing: A 12 foot HDMI 1.3b cable can be purchased for under $10 on Monoprice. If there's any doubt you're not getting the best quality video from component, then you may as well drop the Hamilton on an HDMI cable.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Those 2 cables are pretty much identical except the white ones look like they have a mesh on the outside which I think makes cables look nicer but as far as I know it's mostly aesthetic, it may provide some extra protection/shielding, but if it does it would be minor, I THINK.[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna order the gray ones you linked me. Thanks a ton man. Sorry to derail the thread like this.

Just a heads-up... bought a couple of these a few months back and they lasted two weeks tops. Bought three and they all stopped working. Tried a couple of 5 dollar cables soon after and they are still going strong.

[quote name='PvtChurch']I missed this before. Honestly the average person is not going to see a difference. HDMI is capable of carrying an RGB color signal as opposed to components Y/Cb/Cr signal. Theoretically that will improve color fidelity in videogames as 360/PS3 games render in the RGB colorspace. That being said I honestly doubt you'd notice a huge difference. In movies it won't matter since even the highest quality Blu-Ray titles currently utilize the Y/Cb/Cr color space.

Conversely as far as resolution is concerned it makes no difference which cable you are using for videogames. Component will carry up to a 1080p signal for videogames just fine. Movie on the other hand will not output higher than 1080i via component cables because of HDCP restrictions. You also can't upscale DVDs over component.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget about the audio benefits of HDMI over component.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Don't forget about the audio benefits of HDMI over component.[/QUOTE]

Fixed, thanks for the reminder.

Hell yes!!! OMG !!!my 35 dollar nyko cable that I bought (I know, I payed that amount because that was the day I received my ps3 and wanted the cable really badly. Convenience costs ya!) from Wally world broke right before I came home from college. Sweet! in for three thanks OP!!! you're a life saver!!!

You'd be WAY better off buying this $5 10ft HDMI 1.3 through monoprice, it's 10 feet long!
There are most definitely ripoff cables being sold on Amazon and Ebay.
The quality of HDMI cable does matter because of bandwidth, and some of these may only last a few months at most.

Last edited by a moderator:
I order 3 and it totaled 9.39. Think it suck they can give free shipping after the second item. What do u guys think.

[quote name='PvtChurch']That's why I say stick with Monoprice though. They're guaranteed high quality cables and they're dirt cheap. I know and trust the company. Random 0.15 cables on Amazon could very well be some cheaply made piece of crap that doesn't have enough bandwidth to properly carry certain signals.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

[quote name='swissx1']I order 3 and it totaled 9.39. Think it suck they can give free shipping after the second item. What do u guys think.[/QUOTE]

I think you've made a very ill-informed mistake trying to save $2 over a guaranteed known high quality provider like monoprice.

Seriously, people spend $1000 on a nice HDTV, a $300 PS3, a $300 Xbox 360, and then buy a $3 cable to connect them. It's just baffling.

I'm in for one. Bought a MW2 Console so I'll need another. I've already bought two of these in the past for my current 360 and PS3 so I know they are great cables.

Seriously, people spend $1000 on a nice HDTV, a $300 PS3, a $300 Xbox 360, and then buy a $3 cable to connect them. It's just baffling.

It's because HDMI Cables are EXTREMELY overpriced... Why in the hell would you pay $20 for a cable that costs the company like 5 cents to make in a factory in China? It's retarded and that's why we get them for $3 on Amazon.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']should i stick with these, or cancell and go to mono?[/QUOTE]

I bought one for $0.18 a few weeks ago and it works perfectly. It was a 6ft cable and it feels very well made and I have had no problems with it. Their should be a bunch of reviews up on Amazon that give you more people's opinions

I bought one of these a few months back for this price as well, didn't notice anything wrong with it while using it for my PS3 + 32" LCD HDTV. No difference from an HDMI cable I bought from Meritline

If you want more than one, search for the 2 or 3 packs of these on amazon. It might save you about $1 or $2 over buying them separately.

I usually stick with monoprice too, but since their lowest shipping is ~$5 for me, I took the chance on these since they're so cheap. Paid ~$5 for 2 3foot cables. I haven't tried them yet, but they arrived within about 2-3 days of order via first class mail. The cable is quite thin, but it probably won't make much difference for the short distance I need them for.

bread's done
Back