Best Buy Clearance Bin

malakas

CAGiversary!
Went to LI NY Best Buy in Commack this AM. There were a few games in the clearance bins that might interest folks. YMMV in other locations. I picked up Tales since I enjoyed the first. Cashier had to get it price corrected down to the price on the box. It rang up at $29.99.

(Wii) Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - 14.99

(PSP) Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions - 14.99

(Xbox 360) Red Alert 3 - 9.99

(PS3) TNA Impact - Forgot price

(PS3) Tom Clancy End War - 14.99

[quote name='MattVid']I saw End War in the bins at my store, is that game worth 15 bucks?[/QUOTE]

Has very good voice recognition (makes the game pretty damn fun actually), but other than that everything else about it is beyond bland.

[quote name='Kaltic']Has very good voice recognition (makes the game pretty damn fun actually), but other than that everything else about it is beyond bland.[/QUOTE]

it's also 7.48 at a lot of targets... YMMV since it's clearanced but could be worth a look.

I bought Endwar for $13 at Target solely for the Bluetooth earpiece with the Playstation logo on it. Didn't even bother with the game.

[quote name='MattVid']I saw End War in the bins at my store, is that game worth 15 bucks?[/QUOTE]

It's an interesting concept, and the game is quite fun to play. I bought a bundled copy with the headset with full intent to trade the game in, but ended up keeping it after trying it out.

Yup!

I Saw Dawn Of The New World and War Of The Lions in those bins last night at the Long Island City BB in NYC.

I have already have War Of The Lions, so I didn't get that. I was contemplating on getting Dawn Of The New World, even though I don't have a Wii yet, but I ultimately figured there's no point in getting a game I won't be using until I get mine in April after I get payment from my College via additional financial aid payments.

[quote name='Kaltic']Has very good voice recognition (makes the game pretty damn fun actually), but other than that everything else about it is beyond bland.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the voice tech works shockingly well. Too bad the game isn't very fun. I wish someone else would take a stab at that sort of interaction in a game that is actually good.

I found a couple of copies of Tales in the clearance bins at my Best Buy. This after three different employees said "Clearance bin? What clearance bin?"

Yeah i was over at a local bb the other day and noticed some decent looking titles in their bin, may just need to pop back over, still got a $10 gc from last year lol...

Yeah I was just at the one in .... er "North Jersey" looked in the clearance bin everything in the bin had $14.99 stickers on em but the sighn on the bin had $9.99 I asked associate passing by if this was right "Yeah I just put that up the other day" HE never gave a reason though. Got to the register they had to manually change the price (and get aproval) but the cashieer knew about it.

Some notaples Picked up @$10:
BF:Bad company [ps3]
Wall E [ps3]
Ninja Gaiden sigma[ps3]
lego batman[360]
Tombraider: anniversary[360 & psp]
FF:Tatics[psp]
Monster Hunter 2[psp]
Silent Hill origins[psp]
Megaman X Maverick hunter[psp]
Lunar [DS]
Sonic Heros and Riders[ps2]
Hulk [ps2]

P.S. that pad you guys mentioned above is that any where near the size of the Xbox 360 contriller I'm having trouble playing with the tiny ps3 one after using the xboxes for so long. Or am I better off with the Logitech I keep hearing about?

Was the FF:Tactics the GH edition or no? Considering on picking it up for my collection. Well that's also if my BB has any of these games or a clearance bin.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be checking it out ASAP. Still looking for an amazing deal on Battlefield Bad Company (360).

[quote name='MisterFleX']Was the FF:Tactics the GH edition or no? Considering on picking it up for my collection. Well that's also if my BB has any of these games or a clearance bin.[/QUOTE]

From what was available at my BB, yes, the GH version.

[quote name='RyanTheGNR']From what was available at my BB, yes, the GH version.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably drop by my BB after my last final today.

my BB has namco muesum for $19.99 but that's hardly a note worthy price for the clearance bin. the rest are all DS games and Wii games.

haha I have an interesting story about these bins. To make a long story short I picked out 12 games, all with dots on them meaning the price was $8 or $10. 6 of the 12 rang up at $14.99 - $29.99. I argued for a while, argued with the assistant manager, got the general manager. Went back to her office, ate her donuts, argued with her.

She wouldn't allow me to buy the games, she would however GIVE me a gift card for the difference in price. Meaning I could then buy the games, use the gift card--and pay the same price I would've paid......I didn't tell her that I could use the gift card in that way obviously. She also gave me a second option...

The second option was "a free xbox 360 game" So i told her I wanted Left 4 Dead 2, and she literally called someone, got a copy brought to her, and HANDED it to me FOR FREE!!!

She also gave me a $20 gift card for my trouble, allowed me to buy the 6 games that rang up properly, and I left with a **HUUUGE** smile on my face =)

[quote name='TheFa1thful']Anyone know if these copies of Endwar PS3 have the headset?[/QUOTE]
The few that were in the box were "game only". I might try checking Target and stuff to see if I can find one with a headset. I have a friend that wants one, and if you can score it that cheap, it is worth it.

bread's done
Back