Tinker - Free on Game for Windows Live

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Just download the client for Game for Windows LIVE, sign in with your LIVE-ID, and look in the Games on Demand.

Tinker is FREE.

Everything else is overpriced... but you can't beat free

except:
[quote name='Showstoppa42']Also of note, Viva Pinata and Shadowrun are 50% off...just $9.99 for a limited time.

Both titles have achievements.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Thanks OP, downloading now.

As others have said, try purchasing it with "Microsoft Points" as opposed to the first-selected option of "Credit Cards".

Also, for anyone that needs to download GFWL like I did, here is the quick download link for the program: http://download.microsoft.com/downl...10-43C2-8857-3641BA9A39B4/gfwlivesetupmin.exe[/QUOTE]

Description in Spoiler
TINKER
He's little, he's metal, and he's lost.
Being a small robot isn’t always easy. Being a small robot marooned in a surreal world of clockwork, inventive mechanisms and challenging puzzles, even less so. In Tinker, a free puzzle game that pushes the boundaries of robot deduction, you’ll guide your robot through switches, contraptions to reach the exit. He’ll only do what you command. He’ll only go where you tell him to. It’s up to you to get him home!
Featuring captivating visuals, an original music score, and 60 levels that range from the facile to the extremely challenging. Tinker is an isometric two-dimensional puzzle available for free. Tinker features a tutorial level to get you started. What are you waiting for? Get Tinker for free when you download Games for Windows - LIVE. Start Tinkering.

• Guide your small robot through 60 different levels of inventive mechanisms, switches, lasers, teleporters, and more!
  • Earn Tinker Achievements only available through LIVE.
  • Enjoy 3D graphics that enhance the majestic clockwork world!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap Windlows Live actually recognized my real Xbox Live account!.... It never does that for Battlestations: Pacific.....

Anyway, I just got it thanks.

[quote name='Smallville123']its not letting me download it. it keeps giving me an error[/QUOTE]
Try not to use your credit card use the ms points and it worked for me

[quote name='TechIsCool']Try not to use your credit card use the ms points and it worked for me[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']Also of note, Viva Pinata and Shadowrun are 50% off...just $9.99 for a limited time.

Both titles have achievements.[/QUOTE]

If only I didn't own them both on Xbox 360 (and if i didn't own them I could buy them cheaper from elsewhere). Both are very good games though and worth $10. Of course I know you can find a $10 Shadowrun box, not sure about Viva Pinata.

Does anyone know why their might be this conflict? I use my Xbox Live account to sign into GFWL. I then Download the game on that account. However it tells me the account in invalid when i try to long into during the game (because it auto logs me into something else....). How the hell would i fix this?

EDIT: It tells me that the product key has been linked to another profile? What profile? Some GFWL profile or some random profile like that one I had on the system?

[quote name='KueMan10']Just a guess, but you may have another MSN account on your computer that is somehow messing it up.[/QUOTE]

I Haven't used MSN since i rebuilt my PC, but yes i do have two hotmail accounts. However i don't understand how it signs me into the correct one for GFWL marketplace, but will not let me use that SAME account for in game.

EDIT: This is the same account that used to work for Fallout 3, but has not worked for months. Hell i bet it would work for Fallout 3. Brb

Well once i purged my system of any and all accounts I got it to work with Fallout 3. However that was not downloaded via the GFWL crap so that makes more sense. It seems like that off brand account that was on my system has tainted Tinker forever because I have no idea how to get a new key.

Thanks OP.

It took forever to update the Games for Windows Live client (and took a toll on my quad core while it was updating) but found and installed Tinker without any issues. I previously had GFWL installed for Batman AA.

Happy to add to the PC collection.

It's a cute little puzzle game and anyone whining that it's not as big as something like Shadow Complex even though they're paying nothing for it needs to get slapped. Go back and play Minesweeper for no gamerscore!

My only beef is the lack of WASD controls and the fact the timer starts counting while you're reading the tutorial notes. They should have it start timing when you take your first step. Still, it's not like I paid for it.

Not to be rude but hasn't this game been free since release? I have it on my Vista laptop. I guess the advantage here is now I could play it on any system I install Games for Windows Live.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Not to be rude but hasn't this game been free since release? I have it on my Vista laptop. I guess the advantage here is now I could play it on any system I install Games for Windows Live.[/QUOTE]

Well it just came out yesterday on GFWL (before that I didn't even know it existed) and knowing Microsoft they will probably force them to add a price later down the road.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well it just came out yesterday on GFWL (before that I didn't even know it existed) and knowing Microsoft they will probably force them to add a price later down the road.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure the game will always be free. Microsoft is using it to get people to download the GFWL client.

[quote name='Kaltic']Well it just came out yesterday on GFWL (before that I didn't even know it existed) and knowing Microsoft they will probably force them to add a price later down the road.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I don't follow Games for Windows Live releases.

So everything else is "overpriced" when it's the same as Steam's prices? Well that is some...interesting logic.

I can't help but notice that the new Games on Demand for Windows is lacking a few of the promised launch titles. Where's the LIVE-enabled version of World of Goo?

[quote name='Brother Daz']There is a Tinker game for Vista, this one is deifferent I believe[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Is this one with the robot that you have to get to the square that has a spinning white and red circle to complete each puzzle?

[quote name='NutManIV']So everything else is "overpriced" when it's the same as Steam's prices? Well that is some...interesting logic.[/QUOTE]

Nobody in this thread has said that Steam wasn't overpriced.

Personally, I'm happy to see more competition to Steam. Especially from a deep pocketed corporation like MS. It's just too bad that MS continues the digital download rip-off pricing for normal, non-sale items.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I hate GFWL with its activation limits and no revoke tools[/QUOTE]

Huh? Link on how either of those are tied to GFWL please.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Not to be rude but hasn't this game been free since release? I have it on my Vista laptop. I guess the advantage here is now I could play it on any system I install Games for Windows Live.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Fair enough. I don't follow Games for Windows Live releases.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming that achievements were only just added with this GFWL release, which is a huge plus for those who care about gamerscore.

Thanks OP. Downloaded and Installed no issue. Can't pass up free :D

Though the guide button with a controller really screws things up. I'm controlling both the blade AND the game behind. Accidentally exited out of the game trying to check a message sent to me.

bread's done
Back