Bayonetta in Sun Prarier, WI (and elsewhere?)

KratosGOW2525

CAGiversary!
I don't know if this counts, but even though its the full 59.99, I was at Best Buy today doing some shopping and they had tons of copies out on the floor for purchase. The game is not due out till next month!

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I don't know if this counts, but even though its the full 59.99, I was at Best Buy today doing some shopping and they had tons of copies out on the floor for purchase. The game is not due out till next month![/QUOTE]

This goes in Regional...I am sure people would be happy to see that.

Wish my BB was stupid enough to do this...

Pics or it didn't happen.

.. Idk, just have been seeing this on CAG a lot lately.

Bayonetta + Dantes inferno < God of War 3

I am positive it was not the pre-order boxes. I do not have pics, if I end up going back I will get pictures. You just have to trust me on this. I don't know if it would be safe playing it on XBOX live so early, but they defiantly had it.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I am positive it was not the pre-order boxes. I do not have pics, if I end up going back I will get pictures. You just have to trust me on this. I don't know if it would be safe playing it on XBOX live so early, but they defiantly had it.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft can't and won't fault people who legally purchased their game from a retail outlet that broke street date.. Only if the copy they are playing is due to a modded console of some sort.

As long as its a legit copy they can't do anything. Reviewers and insiders get games early all the time.
Edit:beaten

[quote name='joshnorm']Very Japanese....[/QUOTE]

Oh, so you have a problem with Japanese people huh?

lol

Interesting. I just checked the item availability on the Best Buy website and it says that the 360 version is available at 6 of the nearest Best Buys here in NC. I may have to look into this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BlueMarcell']Interesting. I just check the item availability on the Best Buy website and it says that the 360 version is available at 6 of the nearest Best Buys here in NC. I may have to look into this.[/QUOTE]
Same here. 6 Bestbuys around me have it. Uh, do I dare venture out and even try to get this?

I live in Sun Praririe... that Best Buy is actually their east Madison location. I have no interest in this game though.

[quote name='rgon86']Same here. 6 Bestbuys around me have it. Uh, do I dare venture out and even try to get this?[/QUOTE]

You will most likely be wasting your time. Best Buy does this with all preorders. Notice how when you select pick up it says "Store Pickup: Pre-order (available on release date)" If they have it on the floor, you may be in luck. It just depends if their computers let them go through.

Try it with God Of War or any other preorder and it does the same.

[quote name='rgon86']Same here. 6 Bestbuys around me have it. Uh, do I dare venture out and even try to get this?[/QUOTE]

I just happened to check to see what it would say if I searched for God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII and it says that they are both also available at these same 6 locations. So unless these are the most awesome Best Buys in the country, I'm starting to have my doubts.

[quote name='BlueMarcell']I just happened to check to see what it would say if I searched for God of War III and Final Fantasy XIII and it says that they are both also available at these same 6 locations. So unless these are the most awesome Best Buys in the country, I'm starting to have my doubts.[/QUOTE]
If they had FFXIII in stock, they are. They most definitely are to me.

played and beat bayonetta about three times now. definitely an amazing experience. i would of given it a nominee for goty if it had been released in Q4.

She's got a tiny little head, the demo's not bad you kind of forget about it here and there but then in no time there it is again taunting you. That tiny little head ... I sure hope you can unlock big head mode so you can play it and she looks normal.

[quote name='hollowfreak']She's got a tiny little head, the demo's not bad you kind of forget about it here and there but then in no time there it is again taunting you. That tiny little head ... I sure hope you can unlock big head mode so you can play it and she looks normal.[/QUOTE]

Well the game specifically emphasizes that she isn't a human, so maybe that explains it? lol

I feel if you can get passed the ridiculous character designs here, Bayonetta is an amazing game.

I know a lot of gamers snickered at this game when it first appeared. Probably in part because Sega's name was on it, and well, it featured yet another scantily dressed female lead character (i.e. Nightshade, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, etc.).

But I figured this one would be different. After all, it's directed by Hideki Kamiya - who if you don't know was one of the core members of Clover 7. I think he was the director behind Okami, too, and well, that was a rather high-quality, AAA game, for those who still refuse to pay for and buy that game.

I'm totally getting this for the 360. I recall hearing that the 360 version is superior here due to the fact that the PS3 port was not handled by Platinum Games.

Sun Prarier...I need to start calling it that when I talk to my friends, who still live/work in Madison after graduating, I made while at UW.

Bayonetta is a decent game. The bosses are incredible, but there seems to be more cutscenes than gameplay. If you like Devil May Cry gameplay, you'll probably like this one. It wasn't everything I thought it would be, and on that note I give it a 6/10.

I can confirm this is true. I work there in the Geek Squad and noticed them on the shelf. They are the actual game boxes and some have sold already. I was so tempted to pick one up just to say I had one early, but its not really my type of game.

That Best Buy also has MW2:Limited Edition with the night vision goggles for $75. There was about 10 left when I left this morning(I work overnights).

Anyone picked up the PS3 version? If so, were the rumors true about Sony stepping up and trying to fix the game for Western releases? Fixing the loading time, the framerate issues, and etc? Just like to know. Might have to end up getting the 360 version if the PS3 version still has those problems.

I can confirm in WDSM, IA they have Bayonetta for sale as well. Tempted to say I bought it early. BUT I don't know if a game like that would warrant a 60 dollar purchase to say I have it early.

I have been waiting for this game forever! If anybody can pick up a 360 copy, I will give some extra paypal money to pick it up for me . PM me. I will make it worth your while.

Fry's had LBP (PSP) out on its shelves a week or two before its release and I tried purchasing a copy but their system actually barred them from selling it until the official release date. If their archaic computers did that, then I suspect that BB's more advanced systems will do the same. It's definitely worth a shot though.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Anyone picked up the PS3 version? If so, were the rumors true about Sony stepping up and trying to fix the game for Western releases? Fixing the loading time, the framerate issues, and etc? Just like to know. Might have to end up getting the 360 version if the PS3 version still has those problems.[/QUOTE]

IGN's review of the PS3 version says that it still has tons of slowdown and load times compared to the 360 version. They knocked the score down a full point because of it.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14253676.html

This game is going to rock. I'm super psyched after the demo. It's super japanese but thank god not in a JRPG way. I love japanese everything except the Anime RPG style. This game looks amazing might show up to grab it at best buy on the way home

According to the item locator, all of the Best Buys in my area (Shorewood, IL) have them in stock, but who knows if that means they are out yet or not. With the crazy lineup of games this upcoming Q1, this was labeled a maybe anyways, so I do not really care to go check.

[quote name='KingElessar']I can confirm this is true. I work there in the Geek Squad and noticed them on the shelf. They are the actual game boxes and some have sold already. I was so tempted to pick one up just to say I had one early, but its not really my type of game.[/QUOTE]

wanna hook a cag up? :D

Mr. Peanut I might do the same in my area because on the best buy website there are 2 in my area and it says for store pick up available. I am hoping that they have it. Does anyone know if all best buys are doing this or just some?

KOFkula..well don't like 6 stores automatically show up? If some say Unavailable, and some say In-Stock..then maybe you have a chance. I'm checking online right now. I never anticipated picking up this game, but if I can buy it tonight from BB w/ no problems prior to release, then they just made a sale!

bread's done
Back