Is Beyond the Beyond rare?

PsyClerk

CAGiversary!
Was just curious about this game, as I used to own it. It was the first RPG released for the PSOne in the states, I think. I was poking around eBay and saw it going for $20+. That can't be right...the game stinks.

No. No it's not. The only reason it sold more than five copies is because if you wanted an RPG on the PSX at that time, Beyond the Beyond was what you got. Unless you imported Arc the Lad and modded your system (which was iffy in those days).

I have a vague recollection of this game, my buddy rented it when he first got a PSX. I wasn't impressed at all. The game looked really sucky. Bad games usually aren't rare, but occasionally make your casual person look stupid on EBay.

Dragonball GT is a little different. It came out as a fighter when there were much better fighting games available. Also, the Dragonball craze had not quite struck the US. Later, Dragonball got huge and it was only logical that previous games increase in value. I'm sure the same goes for all those import SNES Dragonball games (all 312 of them).

yeah, the game got all blurry when you'd move they guy, it truly made the psone owners suffer until wild arms came out

My biggest gripe with BTB was that you literally got attacked every other step, sometimes every step. That didn't happen all the time, but it happened often enough to annoy the hell out of me.

Heh. I liked it...I thought it was a decent game...not good but not HORRIBLE. Seems like a NES game with SNES graphics to me...So simple. But hey, It was alright. I got it and the guide. Anyone interested PM me.

Now Wild Arms was nice...but SUIKODEN: Thats the first REALLLLLLLLLLLL RPG for the PSX.

bread's done
Back