Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Best Brick & Mortar Retailer.
This award goes to the best overall B&M (physical store) video game retailer in 2009.

Last year's winner
Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer: Best Buy

Aggressive Sunday ad deals and their popular Reward Zone incentive program helped seal the deal for Best Buy's third straight Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer award. Congratulations to Best Buy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy. People bitched that their deals dropped when Circuit City went away, but they managed to deliver some of the better B&M deals, and were surprisingly accommodating in matching other's deals (Target should get disqualified on that alone, stingy bastards).

Best Buy w/ Reward Zone got many many CAGs free copies of games this year (sure maybe they weren't the best games, but they were easy to flip), as well as lots of other games at great discounts.

Price Matching, awesome B2G1 and the Amazon price battles at the end of the year topped it off.

Also I picked up Pokemon Platinum for 17 bucks. 50% off a new release? Just call my BB manager Crazy Eddie.

Looking back, I think I got more games from Toys R Us this year than anywhere else. They had some pretty good gift card offers on new releases and did several B2G1F or B1G1HO sales late in the year.

TRU

R Rewards had so many GC's, from $10 - $30, you can flip games here, get B2G1, great TIV's, and free action figures with some game purchases. Batman AA, ODST, and GH series was some of the best promos at TRU.

target for sure. i got more cheap games from there with all the games they put on clearance. it should win by a land slide

Best Buy. Good deals, good Rewards program for gamers compared to other B&Ms, always open to price matching, good service.

Best Buy has had great reward zone deals this year, great prices, and matched the toysrus sales if requested. I nominate BB first.

I'm also shocked that there is no nomination for Gamestop yet, but I do understand that one's experience here varies greatly depending on the store and employees. This store could also just as easily be nominated for worst retailer (depending on the store) and people love to hate on GS. I've gotten some great trade in deals and deals on new games (SHOCK!!!!) at GS and several CAGS have used flips to amass a load of credit for B2G1 used deals. GS is also quick to update price drops in their system and has a varied selection. That's worth at least a nomination in my book.
GS...............................................................................NOMINATED?????????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gotten some great deals from Best Buy and ok deals from Target. But if I had to choose, I would go against the grain and pick Gamestop. I never have a problem with them, and their partnership with companies like E-Rewards has gotten me tons of new release games for free, so they are my pick for sure.

Toys R Us. The best new release gift card deals, the ability to trade-in now, as well as having decent clearance games along with the usual B2G1.

Personally I didn't get but maybe one or two games from Best Buy.

bread's done
Back