Best Brick & Mortar Game Retailer 2009

[quote name='notwen']Micro Center for the cheap liquidated Blockbuster XBL sub and points cards. B&M deals are few & far nowadays. =[[/QUOTE]

Ditto ^_^

Toys R Us, their numerous gift card promo's for major releases, b2g1 free deals, and trade in program garnered them a lot of my business.

Best Buy - Along with some good deals, their pre-order programs is easy to use and they are easily willing to refund pre-order money with no questions asked.

Best Buy now that i have been using the Reward Zone lately I have scored some great coupon for deals.

Second, either Target or Toys R Us.

Toys R Us. No other store could touch them on deals during a game's release week and it looks like it will continue in 2010.

Toys R Us, easily...

At my local, (Lafayette, LA) , the staff is incredible. I used to go to GameStop all the time, simply because their employees were so helpful and up-to-date, and 'Big Box' stores always seemed to have the rude, 'do I have to be here' employees.

But my local TRU bumped up their game so that the electronics section is filled with the same type of informative staff and personal service of GS. Toss in frequent $5 off coupons (as a TRU rewards member, it's a nice little surprise in the mail every now and then) and a ton of price drops/ Buy One Get One offers, and they are the gamer's best friend down here.

Toys R Us.

Weekly B&M deals were crap until TRU starting offering gift cards with the major releases, and then of course the annual B2G1 free sale. BB even did their own B2G1 2 weeks later and all b&m deals significantly improved after TRU became super aggressive.

Toys R US. A dark horse, but they really go it in gear with crazy gift card promos, figures for ODST, and B2G1 to include preorders

Even though I really didn't buy anything during 2009 (slow year for me, money-wise), I did notice the deals and what not. Toys R Us *really* picked up on the B2G1, discounts and gift cards.

I really couldn't find Best Buy offering a whole lot during the year, which was also a factor for me not getting anything (BB is a lot closer than TRU is for me). Ever since CC went out of business, BB had no real competition anymore.

BestBuy, simply because of RewardZone. Some amazing deals to be found there, plus FREE GAMES, which equals FREE CREDIT when traded in to other places.

Win. Full of win!

Had to go with Toys R' Us. They really kicked ass with all the Gift Cards last year. Even more amazingly, they continue to rock the gift cards this year as well.

Wow, brick & mortar has really fallen. I wouldn't pick any of those but now that I come to think of it I can't think of any others I'd put in their place. Sad.

bread's done
Back