Best Game Trade-in Program 2009

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above polling system, please vote for Best Game Trade-in Program.
Which retailer has the best program for trading in your unwanted games in 2009

*New category for this year's awards*

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainJoel']Probably the tiered trading program from GameStop. I used that the most this year.[/QUOTE]

Gotta second that. Thanks to that, I got myself a 80gb bc PS3.

I give full credit to Amazon this year. When they launched their service, AMAZING deals. Thanks to a fair trade in value and the $75 console credit, I walked away with a PS3 Slim for about $100.

Amazon; decent prices, and very fast turn-around. I sent in 24 games in one trade, and by 10AM the next morning, they received, accepted, and already sent me a almost $250 GC for all of them. Same basic thing happened the next time I sent in as well, lightning fast service.

Gamestop is best, I think. They had some great trade-ins and I even made some money cause of the HWV sales. If Amazon had continued their promos, they would have won hands-down for me.

Never really traded in until this year (I just wanted to dump off some old GC games and unplayed 360/PS3/Wii titles.), but I ended up going with Amazon for one lump trade in.

Got $110 over a fair amount of games. Was incredibly easy to understand and had decent values, as well as fast turn around.

Amazon for me. I love the free shipping to them, and I think that in general the trade-in values for older games and accessories are pretty good. Their daily trade-in promo which gives a higher-than-normal trade-in value for relatively recent or high-demand games is terrific, too. The best part about all of this is that I can use the credit on anything at Amazon.com!

Toys'r'us

mainly because they have some of the better TIV, you can mail it to them with free shipping or walk it into their stores...TRU, GC's can be used for anything TRU or Babies'r'us related and TRU had more some great deals in '09 to use your GC on. Also, there was no sneaky refurbish fees.

Would this be the thread for Goozex? Goozex has gotten me to clear out about a dozen games and DVDs I knew I'd never watch/play again and pick up some older classics from the last generation to catch up on.

Would have been Amazon because you get cash but since they haven't offered a $30 bonus or 50% off code in months, I'm going with Gamestop. Tiered for high TIV games, $5 for low $2.01 TIV games and this past promo of a flat $20 for some of my unplayed games that would normally get only $6.

I hate to say this, but I have to give this one to Gamestop due to that recent $20 off promo allowing you to put the trade credit on your EDGE card instead of buying anything for $20 off.

This is a tough one. Gamestop came through ALL YEAR long with either the tiered deal or $5 bonus deals, both of which are good on different games (the former on more expensive ones, the latter on the cheaper stuff).

But then Amazon, at least in getting started, had some great trade-in deals. Their values are just OK without them and the lack of a deal towards the end of the year counts against them. Still, I'd nominate both. There really is no other choice with the demise of Blockbuster's high trade-in values right at the beginning of the year. And Gamecrazy loses because of very few trade-in deals (though there were a few) but mostly because they almost never let their MVP program stack with trade-in deals (unlike GS). They do have that nice iPhone app which is awesome for looking up prices though!

So I'm sure Amazon and Gamestop will both be in the final nominations and I'm not really sure which I'd pick at this point.

Gamestop, they had a lot of good stacking promotions and bonuses.

[quote name='Bretts31344']Amazon. Decent prices, huge selection to use your credit, and free shipping to them. You don't even have to leave the house.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly, it was great to sell back DS games and use it to get Chinatown Wars so cheap.:bouncy:

bread's done
Back