Best Game Trade-in Program 2009

Amazon is the clear winner if you took advantage of their early promotions. GameStop had the best year round values, but I'm going to have to go with Amazon because I feel like I made out like a bandit due to some of their June-Sept promotions.

Amazon. Got a Wii from the $50 towards a console deal, and a Slim PS3 bundle on BF just from trade in deals this year.

Definitely Amazon, for their additional trade-in incentives like the $75 console coupon and the 50% off game coupon. Unless they bring those deals back I doubt they'll be able to maintain it for another year, but for 2009 they were definitely on top.

I would go with Amazon, but they broke one of my game discs so screw them.

I vote Gamestop, there is always a way to end up on top with their deals/coupons

I know it's canada only, but for a couple of months Rogers Video had too good to be true trade ins. (i.e., buy 3 games from them for $35 and trade them back in and get a $70 game)

They've fixed it up now, but they still get my vote.

best buy hadthe best trade in for me this year
(3 "8$ games" for a new release)
that is what I used to get Uncharted 2 and Forza 3

gamestop with their weekly e-mail coupons and tiered trade offers can't be beat. Amazon was good at the start but no more bonus

Gamestop by far.

Screw Amazon and their "there's a microscopic scratch on the spindle of this game so we won't take it, oh and that just so happens to stop you from being qualified for our promotion."

I once again have to vote Amazon. I was able to actually make PROFIT on their trade in system and even got MW2 Prestige FREE because of them.

This is a tough one.

GS for their $20 off anything promo, new release games for $19.99/$9.99 promo and their tiered trade promos.

Amazon for their $50/$75 off a new console purchase with $50/$75 trade in promo. I got 2 DSIs for $144 out of pocket. :D

Honorable mention goes to Blockbuster Video for giving us a $22 TIV for Fairytale Fights and reminding us of the good ol' days.

I'm gonna have to go with GameStop. As much as I dislike their corporate shenanigans and general employee buffoonery, you simply can't beat GS when it comes to trade-ins and pre-orders.

GameStop...ftw.

Its a tough call between amazon and gamestop, but my vote goes to gamestop. The trade-in promos have been awesome, and amazon takes a while to credit your account, plus its a shady company (nor-am) that's actually buying them from you.

That 50% coupon was great from amazon. Used it to get the prestige edition of Modern Warfare 2

Gamestaq and Gazelle got me some pretty good values on trade-in. Since Gazelle isn't listed, Gamestaq takes the cake.

Thanks for the excellent service, Gamestaq! :D

Can I write-in Half.com? They helped me "trade in" several games for more than I paid for them. Plus I could use the money on hookers and blow instead of just more video games.

bread's done
Back