Play Halo3/ODST = Help Red Cross Efforts in Haiti - CAG Gaming Event for 1/20 & 1/21

dwhelan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey CAGs,

I know we all just got done with the Child's Play Charity, Games of the Troops and the Sarcastic Gaming Marathon. Things are tight and we have done some good but, there are people in trouble, and this community has always found a way to help. So I am proposing a very special game night.

Games - Halo 3 and Halo ODST

Time: 3 AM Wednesday - 3 AM Friday

Details: It is simple, you play and for every 1000 people that play, Bungie donates 100 dollars to the Red Cross relief fund.

How to be counted: This is the easy part, play during the time period listed above, and have your emblem set to a Red Heart - details on how to change your emblem in spoilers tag

Edit your appearance settings so your character is wearing the RED HEART emblem.

a. Press START
b. Select “SETTINGS” / “APPEARANCE”
c. Select “EMBLEM”
d. Select “Hearts” ICON, “Circle” BACKGROUND
e. Back out to the APPEARANCES menu and select “COLORS”
f. Set “EMBLEM PRIMARY” to RED (or MAROON / BRICK / ROSE depending on which game you’re playing!)
g. Set “EMBLEM SECONDARY” to WHITE

So do we think we can help? Are we willing to take up the challenge of helping?

This is a great option for those wanting to help but don't have the money to do so. If you have a copy of Halo 3 or ODST, hop on during these times. Even if you're not into MP or get your ass handed to you, you're doing it for a good cause. I would but my 360 is on it's way town to TX to get fixed.

I'm in. I needed an excuse to play ODST, and this will finally get me to play it from my current backlog.

[quote name='seen']Why doesn't Bungie just donate what their budget allows instead of this?[/QUOTE]
Because they want to look good?

Really, it makes no sense.

That could be said about any 'for every whatever we will donate whatever' type thing. Like those pink yogurt lids.

I'll probably be playing sometime during that time anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many different possibilities behind why Bungie choose this way, but none of them really matter. All it takes from us, is simply playing a game to do our part.

If you want to do more, great, more power to you, there are countless organizations that are donating or do fundraising effort (i.e. all profits from Zynga, PopCap and Bungie stores are being donated to relief).

All I was trying to do hear was motivate the CAG community to game for a(nother) reason.

Starts in 2 hours, have fun and if you are looking for a fourth in firefight, message me.

Does Firefight count? Not sure why they're doing it this way, but it motivates people to play their game and also helps with a good cause so who cares? Haven't played Halo online in awhile so it'll be nice to see if I still have any of the old reflexes.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Does Firefight count? Not sure why they're doing it this way, but it motivates people to play their game and also helps with a good cause so who cares? Haven't played Halo online in awhile so it'll be nice to see if I still have any of the old reflexes.[/QUOTE]

Firefight does count.

Firefight doesn't count? When they say ODST they mean the Multi Disc?

On the Bungie page they show the Firefight lobby for the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to play Firefight last night, but no one was on. I'll probably get online with Halo 3 tonight just to make sure my play counts.

MjC

bread's done
Back