Ps3 slim 250gb $249.99 YMMV Target

almasy82

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Was at target last night and picked one up. They are being cleared out at a lot of stores (had a buddy that live in KY pick one up I am in MN). I don't think it is nation wide but I would check if you are looking for one.

Dead

Last edited by a moderator:
omg! ban ban ban! >.< wasteland this quick! lol well thats pretty much what went through my head when i read it! one star for u! >.

I am generally in favor of clearance and YMMV deals not getting their own topics and clogging up the board, when we often have very active threads for such things. But yeah, in this case, a PS3 possibly being on clearance is a pretty big deal.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']receipt or GTFO[/QUOTE]

Its for real. There are a few people that have posted receipts on SD allready.

Target clearancing out the console isn't completely out of the question. The 250GB isn't really being manufactured anymore so this makes sense.. similar to Wal-Mart marking the Hannah Montana PSP down.

[quote name='Gbear09']There's a target clearance thread for all target YMMV deals like this

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247696

Now he's been told.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sgaldis']:fridge:

...who wants to tell him???[/QUOTE]

Am i the only one who feels like they are bein trolled HARD whenever someone comes out and spouts "We have a Clearance Thread already" on threads with deals that actually are worth. It's like this whole community is out to get me.

Really, CAG?
Yet we have Gamestops Threads all around this forum.
i could have swore once i saw 6 DIFFERENT Gamestops threads clogging my deals that actually had potential to even be called deals.

If you want to make a single thread regarding Clearances of a single Retail Store, then go ahead and even put it on the FAQ. i really dont mind, however..

Pick up the other trash scattered around this forum and put it on a single trash can as well.

a penny for my thoughts of course... :whistle2:#

[quote name='Scorch']Target clearancing out the console isn't completely out of the question. The 250GB isn't really being manufactured anymore so this makes sense.. similar to Wal-Mart marking the Hannah Montana PSP down.[/QUOTE]

The 250GB no longer being manufactured? Since when? I've been holding out for my birthday and it's in 2 weeks! Can I still get one at Best Buy?

It is real, but unfortunately all of my Targets are out. The clerk confirmed the price in his handheld price scanning tool ($244+ change). Oh well.

im hoping i can hit a few targets on my lunch break today.
grab a nice new ps3 on clearance
sell off my older fat one before it gets yellow lighted.

Im here in western PA and checked 2 Targets at 8am after seeing this same thread on slickdeals - both only had 250GB PS3's and theirs were $349. Dont get your hopes up.

YLOD is not as big of problem, It's 10% chance your BD drive will prematurely fail, a little bit higher if you have a launch console and little bit lower if you have 2nd/3rd gen Ps3.

If mine fails, I'm just going to use it as a PSN game game machine a media center hub, BD drive failing wont impact streaming and hard drive access. No need to buy a slim until something like that happens.

Somehow I knew I would regret ordering a 250GB Slim over the weekend, rather than waiting for some sort of deal or discount. My girlfriend even works at Target.

I wonder what could be replacing the 250gb? One would think the 120gb would be the one to get clearanced out to make the 250gb the standard (then of course releasing a 380gb/400gb or something at the 250gb price).

[quote name='Traitorious']I wonder what could be replacing the 250gb? One would think the 120gb would be the one to get clearanced out to make the 250gb the standard (then of course releasing a 380gb/400gb or something at the 250gb price).[/QUOTE]

That may happen eventually, but I think the 250 may not have been intended as a long-term offer at this time. Others have noted that it seemed to offset the MW2 Xbox bundle which is also being clearanced at some stores.

[quote name='User D']Anyone find this price in any store in Montgomery County,MD? If so what stores?[/QUOTE]
yeah im trying to find that out as well

[quote name='Josh5890']Anybody know if there are clearences on PS3 in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, like Tinley Park or New Lenox?[/QUOTE]
I have called the Tinley Park, Orland Park and New Lenox Targets and all are out of stock; keep me posted if you find one

[quote name='User D']Anyone find this price in any store in Montgomery County,MD? If so what stores?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Redemption33']yeah im trying to find that out as well[/QUOTE]

Might help if you all posted which ones you've checked out. I hit the Cherry Hill one last week and they didn't even have PS3 250GB in stock, so I doubt they got in another shipment just to put on clearance.

Rockville, Germantown, and the Rio are unknowns at the moment.

this is tempting since my 60 gig just YLOD this morning but i may hold out to see if sony is gonna release the god of war slim bundle nice find OP

Germantown is sold out. I called Rockville and they said 350 is the price for the 250gb, still trying to get a hold of someone at RIO.

[quote name='aspower']Might help if you all posted which ones you've checked out. I hit the Cherry Hill one last week and they didn't even have PS3 250GB in stock, so I doubt they got in another shipment just to put on clearance.

Rockville, Germantown, and the Rio are unknowns at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Germantown is sold out. I called Rockville and they said 350 is the price for the 250gb, still trying to get a hold of someone at RIO.

[quote name='User D']Germantown is sold out. I called Rockville and they said 350 is the price for the 250gb, still trying to get a hold of someone at RIO.[/QUOTE]
Cherry Hill is sold out im going to give greenbelt & Wheaton a try and see what they say

[quote name='Bitt3r']Confirmed in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Two left at the Edgewood Target.[/QUOTE]

Dammit lol... I get paid today but I just got a PS3 for Christmas and I just got a new car... fuck my life.

The one Target that has the only 250GB within a 75 mile ratio of my house is the only store who says it is not discontinued/clearance and is still $349.99. In fact, the manager at this particular store said they are getting more soon while all the other stores I spoke to said they are not. In addition, she said they don't normally carry the 250GB at her location. They aren't even putting that one unit on the floor. Bizarre.

[quote name='adamical']Goddamn this seems like a good deal, but does this mean there's going to be a new model(s) this summer? So random.[/QUOTE]

Well, I know that one analyst has already stated that price cuts are coming this summer. That could indicate new skus.

I pulled about 10 or so at a San Diego location, so this is real, but stock is probably cleared out by now. I was also asked to pull Band Hero and Beatles: RB, and a bunch of shovelware.

My brother just bought a 120gb for $299 like a week or so ago. If this offer is valid in a store near him, what are the chances on them exchanging or even giving him a $50 gift card or something? I mean there is a 90 day return policy.

bread's done
Back