Endless Ocean: Blue World (Wii) $29.99 with Free Wii Speak At Amazon

The first one was surprisingly fun. I got it for my daughter since she loved it, but I had fun playing it too. It's not for everyone, but if you like to watch nature shows then you might enjoy it.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. I was going to wait to get it but for $30 + a free wii speak (which will likely never be used) I couldn't resist.

Loved the first one as well as the Aquanaut's Holiday on PS3 so this is a no brainer. Didn't even know they were making a second one, Thanks!

I ordered it. Thanks OP. My kids will enjoy so will the wife. They liked first one. WiiSpeak should help resale value (suckers!) after they are done with it.

The first game ended up being hard to find pretty quickly after release, so if you're interested in it at all, go and pick it up.

Review of the first game:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/endlessocean

Said first game is on the ridiculous level for cost to get used or new, BTW.

Here's an IGN article about it from this past E3:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/989/989981p1.html

I tossed in a pre-order for it, since it comes with a Wii Speak add-on and with a $10 promotional certificate towards it, seemed like a good purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-Ordered this a couple weeks ago. I enjoyed the first one and this one looks even better. Found the first Endless Ocean on ebay for $25 new last May so I bit.

1st game was a completely different experience from most games, I enjoyed it a lot unfortunately I didn't have the time to devote to exploring it further. The new one, afte reading a lot of the reviews improved on a lot of the issues that most ppl had with teh 1st one. It seems to have addresses a good majority of them and more. + getting wii speak? definitely worth it for the package. In for 1, thanks op.

Edit: On snap, GS too huh? I can finally unload some of that built up edge credit w/out tax too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm damn lucky some really cool dude on another forum sold me a mint copy of Endless Ocean for $20 just last month. I'm not going to test my luck again - Blue World is bought!

The sequel is supposed to be better than the original in pretty much every facet -- definitely looking forward to it. However, I think this is the standard bundle. GameStop is also offering it.

Wow, I found the original game at Target on clearance for $14 but never even got around to opening it. Guess I maybe should leave it shrinkwrapped...?

[quote name='Justin42']Wow, I found the original game at Target on clearance for $14 but never even got around to opening it. Guess I maybe should leave it shrinkwrapped...?[/QUOTE]

yup

A nintendo game, non new IP, first day release at $30 across multiple retailers with an add on? What is happening here...Crazy.

Oddly enough I loved the first one. So much so that is sort of sickens me that when I turn it on, it tells me that i've clocked 20+ hours into it. For a casual game about diving I was completelt surprised I got (and still am) into it as much as I was (and am).

I just might preorder at GameStop when I go preorder my Bioshock 2 and God Of War 3.

I absolutely loved the first game, so getting the second for $30 and with a WiiSpeak is an amazing deal! Thanks for the post as it's easy to overlook the small print on Amazon's page about the bonus pack-in.

This game is not for everyone though. If you love sea animals and ocean explortion, it's a fantastic experience. However, everyone else will likely be bored to death within minutes.

Gonna need Wii Speak for Monster Hunter Tri anyway. May as well get a chill-out game that might impress me. I dig the ocean.

[quote name='scottman']I'm usually all for bundled accessories, but I don't see myself using the wii speak for anything.[/QUOTE]
Considering only two games even support Wii Speak it does seem kind of worthless.

One thing that bugs me about the Amazon order page is that the order itself says nothing about the Wii Speak bundle. How would you even know that you would get one on release day the way they are doing it. At least at GS you show the picture on the box.

I wouldn't worry about Amazon not honoring what is on their product page, but I'm guessing there is only one version with the bundle right now.

[quote name='scottman']I wouldn't worry about Amazon not honoring what is on their product page, but I'm guessing there is only one version with the bundle right now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know. I would just feel better if the actual order title stated Endless Ocean with Wii Speak like the Gamestop title does.

Still up in the air on it right now though. Don't really know if I or my kids would take too much time with this since we have never played anything quite like it.

I preordered. I liked the first one (which is now ridiculously expensive and difficult to find) so this is a great deal. Thanks for the heads up.

I pre-ordered from Amazon to get the Wii Speak added on. I'm more confident that Amazon will actually include it, as opposed to GS which seems to like to randomly screw people out of their pre-order bonuses.

I love the first game, and I'm just astounded at some of the prices that it goes for. You think it would get a reprint as a budget title for $15-20.

[quote name='Spacepest']I love the first game, and I'm just astounded at some of the prices that it goes for. You think it would get a reprint as a budget title for $15-20.[/QUOTE]

I count myself lucky when I got the first game for cheap (~$17).
Since they are so close to releasing the second game, a re-release of the first game would mostly cut in to their own sales.

After they have their windfall from the second game, they could make a "special edition" that includes both games on one disc that recaptures the entire Blue Ocean market.

Why no reprint? It was already a budget game. The only reason EO1 isn't on this disc is developer greed or wish to not devalue the original copies. Both games combined only take up around 1/2 of a normal Wii disc.

[quote name='voidedx']I count myself lucky when I got the first game for cheap (~$17).
Since they are so close to releasing the second game, a re-release of the first game would mostly cut in to their own sales.

After they have their windfall from the second game, they could make a "special edition" that includes both games on one disc that recaptures the entire Blue Ocean market.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Doomed']Why no reprint? It was already a budget game. The only reason EO1 isn't on this disc is developer greed or wish to not devalue the original copies. Both games combined only take up around 1/2 of a normal Wii disc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish publishers packed discs like torrentfreaks, too.

Only 1/2 of a normal Wii disc?!? There's room for a rip of Avatar too then! Greedy Nintendo, always holding back.

Guess I'll bite. Dunno how much I'll be playing this one, but at least it *might* hold its value.

Already have a Wiispeak...wonder if I can unload it somewhere?

Got the original (hard to find) for my girlfriends little brother. If you no any young person who loves nature these games are perfect. Very educational and relaxing.

[quote name='snipegod']Yeah, I wish publishers packed discs like torrentfreaks, too.[/QUOTE]
I bought Endless Ocean and I preordered this.

People were asking for a reprint, (for some reason) I explained it was technically possible but not monetarily.

Avatar is made by a different company and not deserving of a reprint.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I recently found 3 copies of the original at Walmart for $19.96![/QUOTE]

Wow! That seems crazy to find this game in a retailer these days. Did you buy all 3?

With Monster hunter Tri and The Grinder supporting Wii speak this could be a good deal. Amazon has Animal Crossing for $20 and The Conduit is under $15. Very tempting.

bread's done
Back