God of War 3 $19.99 when you trade in 2 selected games at GameStop

Azurken

CAGiversary!
So this is my first time making a thread like this.. although I don't have any pics, but I saw a poster outside the gamestop window. The guy said he will have the list of games by sunday. You can trade in 2 Xbox 360, PS3, or Wii games and have GoW3 for $20.

Sorry if I didnt do this right.

edit: alright so they finally released the list (am I late?), also i got an email from GS saying you also get a poster as well signed from the GoW3 concept artist himself, Andy Park, if you preordered. The email kind of gave an emphasis to its limited supply and store only.

>>>>> http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/gow/default.aspx?affid=3000&WT.mc_id=021610

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I just searched the blockbuster one and that one seems alot sweeter than this deal, trade in two and get GoW3 for $9.99.

[quote name='PikaPichu']Think Fairytale Fights will be one of the titles that we can trade in? :D[/QUOTE]

Definitely, and Godfather 2 as well.

[quote name='intoxicated662']wait, what? trade 2 games in towards the purchase of god of war 3 and get it for $19.99 is that what you mean?[/QUOTE]

yeah what did you think i mean.. it kind of seem self-explanatory.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Definitely, and Godfather 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Both of these [Fairytale Fights] and one other goodie for sure, Rock Revolution.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Definitely, and Godfather 2 as well.[/QUOTE]

Good luck, since both of those retail for $19.99 new now at Gamestop.

[quote name='wildcpac']Trade in Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 and get GOW 3 for 20.[/QUOTE]

you mean trade in mass effect 2 CE and bioshock 2 CE and get GOW 3 for 20

[quote name='backseatdog']you mean trade in mass effect 2 CE and bioshock 2 CE and get GOW 3 for 20[/QUOTE]

in for three!

I highly doubt you'll be able to trade in Fairytale Fights as one of the two games because they are only giving like $4 dollars store credit for it. MSRP is now $19.99 new for that game.

[quote name='aj slick']I found my copy of Madden 06 for 360, now I need to find another game......[/QUOTE]

I know you have copy of Perfect Dark somewhere.

[quote name='wildcpac']Trade in Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 and get GOW 3 for 20.[/QUOTE]

No, Gamestop is can do better. I think that it will be like trade-in 2 copies of God of War III and get a new one for $20.00

[quote name='kart007k']No, Gamestop is can do better. I think that it will be like trade-in 2 copies of God of War III and get a new one for $20.00[/QUOTE]

And the new one will already be gutted, touched, its manual wrinkled, and fingerprints smudged all over the case.

But no no, don't worry -> it's new.

I always hated these deals when I worked at Lamestop and the fact that they still run them and people still actually think they are getting a "deal".

The funny thing about the list of games you can trade for God of War III are all games that would already trade in for $25-$30. So really you can trade fairly new games and get any new release for less that $19.99 typically.

Has the list for gamestop been given? If I can trade two turd games, then cool. But, if the list is only very new games then this is another lamestop caper.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Has the list for gamestop been given? If I can trade two turd games, then cool. But, if the list is only very new games then this is another lamestop caper.[/QUOTE]

Well God of War 3 comes out in Mid March so the list is going to look like

MLB 10 The Show
Uncharted 2
COD MW 2
Bayonetta
New Super Mario Brothers
Mass Effect 2
Bioshock 2
Heavy Rain
FF 13
And every other triple A title from the last 6 months.

This deal is all sorts of fail. The real deal should be trade in 1 GAME and get GOW 3 for $20.

^they had that deal with some other titles 2 weeks ago I think.. trade in 1 used game from the pool and you get another one from the pool new for $20

I saw the list today and I even took it with me but I left it in my office :bomb:
I do recall seeing UFC Undisputed 2009 and DBZ:RB.

Looking what was offered for the Army of 2 trade promo, they were mostly new release titles. This deal will most likely be the same

[quote name='Azurken']^they had that deal with some other titles 2 weeks ago I think.. trade in 1 used game from the pool and you get another one from the pool new for $20[/QUOTE]

They had that deal about a month ago and many of us traded in X or Y game from the list(I traded Uncharted 2), then paid $20 in credit and got another new release game, then returned that game for the full $60(plus tax) back in credit on our EDGE cards.

Hell. That was the ONLY friggin' way you'd ever get $40+ TIV for any newer release title.

So suffice to say, I think Gamestop wised up a bit after they saw massive returns on that promo.:D:cry:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They had that deal about a month ago and many of us traded in X or Y game from the list(I traded Uncharted 2), then paid $20 in credit and got another new release game, then returned that game for the full $60(plus tax) back in credit on our EDGE cards.

Hell. That was the ONLY friggin' way you'd ever get $40+ TIV for any newer release title.

So suffice to say, I think Gamestop wised up a bit after they saw massive returns on that promo.:D:cry:[/QUOTE]

That was actually a really good promo. I used it to get a game I actually wanted to play, and used it a second time to get rid of one and just return the new game I got from the promo. GS has good deals and bad deals, just like every other retaier. Deal with it people.

I been told trade in 2 games and pre-order new game for $20. They wanted Assassan's Creed 2, Darksiders, Call of Duty: MW 2, Mass Effect 2, Dark Void, Army of Two: The 40th Day, Bayonetta, The Saboteur, Forza Motorsport 3 plus extra $20 from your pocket to get new game (Estimated $150 for 1 new game)

[quote name='anthfett06']That was actually a really good promo. I used it to get a game I actually wanted to play, and used it a second time to get rid of one and just return the new game I got from the promo. GS has good deals and bad deals, just like every other retaier. Deal with it people.[/QUOTE]

Kmart and Sears have decent clearance many times. That is a good deal. What Gamestop does is prey on the idiocy of some shmucks with alot of disposable income who think nothing of buying 2-3 new release titles, then trading them in for 1/3 of what they paid and still owing them $20 or so on a new game that they're hoping the same morons trade back in for $10 a month after its release.

Luckily, most of us are too smart to fall for this 'deal'. But if you can get some of these games for $10-15 each with glitches and price errors and shit, then it becomes a tolerable 'deal'.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

Luckily, most of us are too smart to fall for this 'deal'. But if you can get some of these games for $10-15 each with glitches and price errors and shit, then it becomes a tolerable 'FRAUD'.[/QUOTE]

fixed this for you

The deal they ran last month was decent. Receive $20 of credit for x game, where the list was actually reasonable. I traded in two games that I bought from gamefly the week before for $12.

This deal is more of a scam. I still remember going into gamestop a few years back and seeing two ten year olds and their mom trading in Gameboy advance games (back when the advance was the hot system). 10 cents, 1 dollar, 25 cents, and they still traded it in.

GameStop's trade 2 are usually horrible deals; trade 2 games that sell for $60 each to pay $20 for one. You are better off selling them: you would get more money

[quote name='polishpride212']
This deal is more of a scam. I still remember going into gamestop a few years back and seeing two ten year olds and their mom trading in Gameboy advance games (back when the advance was the hot system). 10 cents, 1 dollar, 25 cents, and they still traded it in.[/QUOTE]

how many of those games do you think ever got sold?

[quote name='thatswhatshesaid']fixed this for you[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I knew my statements were missing some emphasis and at least one word that had nothing to do with my statement.:applause:

So, how's the view from up there? That must be one tall horse to look down on people from.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thank you. I knew my statements were missing some emphasis and at least one word that had nothing to do with my statement.:applause:

So, how's the view from up here? That must be one tall horse to look down on people from.;)[/QUOTE]

im surprised you didnt spam any of your guides for trade or 200$ in gamestop credit for once

bread's done
Back