* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#6961 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2294 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

Why not just make an account?  You collect points

That is the kind of downside I was talking about. Never ordered from them before and didn't know about the points. Canceling my preorder and re-ordering with an account. Thanks.

#6962 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Atlus appears to be teasing a localization announcement for Conception 2.

Wow!!  That's pretty exciting!  It looks a little Persona-esque, but that's not a bad thing.  Seems to have sold well and gotten good reviews in Japan.  I kind of miss the whole epic, save the world questy games.  Seems like everything is either an action game these days, or a game with randomized dungeons (or both!).  Or maybe the dungeons aren't random in this one?

Anyway, whatever the case, it is very welcome indeed.

#6963 Olengie   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   10993 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

Either that or for a new Trauma game. Either way, I'll be excited.

#6964 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   500 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:30 PM

I have 30 estore credit from FE/SMT.  Should I use it to get the new Phoenix Wright?  I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, but it's download only and I haven't really seen much else to spend the credit on.  I could buy old zeldas but I've played all of those.

#6965 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I have 30 estore credit from FE/SMT.  Should I use it to get the new Phoenix Wright?  I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, but it's download only and I haven't really seen much else to spend the credit on.  I could buy old zeldas but I've played all of those.

If you can't find anything you truly want to spend your money on, then you're not looking hard enough.  :)  That said, if you've liked Phoenix games in the past, you'll like this one.  It's my favorite out of them all, personally.

#6966 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3431 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

Phoenix Wright is old hat. Get Senran Kagura instead.

#6967 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I have 30 estore credit from FE/SMT. Should I use it to get the new Phoenix Wright? I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, but it's download only and I haven't really seen much else to spend the credit on. I could buy old zeldas but I've played all of those.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase releases next year.

I thought the code for the credit expires at the end of the year but the credit stays.

#6968 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

Whenever Sayonara Umihara Kawase is mentioned, I get excited because I for some reason think of Haruhi Suzumiyu (sp?).

But Sayonara Umihara Kawase will be better than a Haruhi game probably anyway.

(Well, it won't, because a Haruhi RPG would be awesome, even if it wasn't very good.  But Sayonara Umihara Kawase will still be awesome!)

Senran Kagura Burst is a lot of fun.  I don't know what kind of reviews it'll get, perhaps not above the 70s or 80s, but for beat'em up fans, it's pretty great.  (Yes, I got it cause I like beat'em ups!  Y u look at me like that!)

#6969 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3431 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

That is the kind of downside I was talking about. Never ordered from them before and didn't know about the points. Canceling my preorder and re-ordering with an account. Thanks.

For the points, they send you a $5 gift certificate for every... $100 you order, I believe. It's not amazing, but there's no tax and there's free shipping, so...

#6970 Green Card200   The Time Mage CAGiversary!   2294 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Green Card200

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Sayonara Umihara Kawase releases next year.

I thought the code for the credit expires at the end of the year but the credit stays.

Does that $30 eShop credit ever expire?

#6971 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Does that $30 eShop credit ever expire?

Shouldn't do.  It seems like it would be treated the same as if you put money onto your 3DS from a credit card or bought and used an eShop card.

#6972 BlackRockWaifu   Advocate for the Black Friday Champion Fredyyy CAGiversary!   2933 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

BlackRockWaifu

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:57 AM

Indie fighter Skullgirls is free to play this weekend on Steam, and is 33% off, marked down from $14.99 to $9.99.

http://iplaywinner.c...til-monday.html

You also get the DLC character Squiggly for free also, since it's only free for a limited time like the PSASBRs DLC characters.

The game plays like old 2D fighting games and has a style like Marvel vs Capcom 2.

It has anime-like visuals, and is pretty niche.

It also has 4 additional free DLC characters comming in the future.

#6973 boraaa   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:56 PM

Aksys website is having a sale to raise money for the Phillipines disaster relief:

http://store.aksysga...isaster-relief/

They have four packages, which include the muramasa fan+soundtrack, Blazblue Jubei plushie, muramasa lithograph+soundtrack, Blazblue comic.

Each are $5 and first item is free shipping within us.

I picked up the fan since it didn't come with the limited edition.. $5 can't complain though and it's for charity

#6974 Jesse_Dylan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3664 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Jesse_Dylan

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

I love Aksys.

#6975 Vigilante   The Deal Is Already Dead CAGiversary!   36525 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

Aksys website is having a sale to raise money for the Phillipines disaster relief:

They have four packages, which include the muramasa fan+soundtrack, Blazblue Jubei plushie, muramasa lithograph+soundtrack, Blazblue comic.

I picked up the fan since it didn't come with the limited edition.. $5 can't complain though and it's for charity

Thanks for this--I picked up the fan, as well. :D

#6976 Dead_Batteries   Voltaic Pile CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Dead_Batteries

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Gosh, I haven't even finished Muramasa, but I picked up the fan anyways. How's Aksys shipping?

#6977 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11210 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Wow, ill probably order the fan or lithograph myself, they both look awesome. Thats a really good fund raiser

#6978 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   19859 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Great job Aksys

#6979 Matenshi   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   424 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Matenshi

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Awesome, thanks for pointing this out.

Grabbed the BlazBlue comic, and might get the Jubei plushie as well.

#6980 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for this. I bought something from them the last time they did this. Their heart is always in the right place. 

Will probably get the fan and the plush. 

#6981 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Beautiful. Thanks, boraaa. I got the fan.

#6982 Midori Monkey  

Midori Monkey

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up :) Grabbed the Fan and plush.

#6983 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

I ended up getting the BlazBlue stuff too. I already have the lithograph from Muramasa.

#6984 AugustAPC   Not For Sale CAGiversary!   3464 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

The Jubei plushie is cute, but I'd have nowhere to put it and I'm not really into stuffed animals.

#6985 Jake_Jenova   Don't Dream It, Be It! CAGiversary!   692 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Jake_Jenova

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

I got the Plush for a Christmas present plus the money is going for a good cause so it's a win/win.

#6986 Noblesse Oblige   For Answer CAGiversary!   237 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Noblesse Oblige

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

Thanks for the notice about that, I also got the Jubei plushie. It'll look good next to my Raiho plushie from devil summoner 2

#6987 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5715 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

Got the fan and the CD. Thanks for this!

#6988 Dark_Sage   Superior CAGiversary!   3431 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

Grabbed the fan. Their handling of the shipping is stupid though, since if you want multiple things, they punish you for bundling.

#6989 scaryice   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   157 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 AM

Looks like Mugen Souls is $20 new at Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop....en-souls/102442

#6990 BlindJoker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   164 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

BlindJoker

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

Grabbed the fan. Their handling of the shipping is stupid though, since if you want multiple things, they punish you for bundling.

It's more of them covering the shipping on the first order to be cool than them specifically charging people that order multiple things.

I'll probably pick up the fan as well or get the plushie..damn, hard choice here.