Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For SMT: Persona, it's sealed in a big box. Since it's new, it should come with the soundtrack. As for Y's, not sure about that one.

[quote name='doodofdoods']If anyone orders this let us know if it still comes with the artbook.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics a couple weeks ago and there was no art book. :(

Odin Sphere, Muramasa, and Grim Grimoire are that cheap now? Not even counting my 10% Edge card. Dammit, I need to pick these up! This explains why the copies my local GameStop had suddenly vanished I guess.

Toys 'R Us has a ton of SNK/Playmore PS2 games for $5 each (there is a thread on it around here somewhere). yesterday I picked up KOF XI, Fatal Fury Archived Vol 1 and 2, and NeGeo Battle Coliseum. They also had the Art of Fighting Anthology and SNK Arcade Collection Vol. 1. YMMV

[quote name='slidecage']really need to drop this game to 9.98 : )[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- I want it, but I'm having a really hard time pulling the trigger at $20. $10 is much more the instant buy price for me. Watch it become one of those rare games that never drops any further, and then shoots way up in price.

Noticed "Izuna 2" for $14.99 at Fry's. Didn't see Jake Hunter Detective Story or Legacy of Y's Books 1 and 2 though.

[quote name='eau']My World, My Way is very hard to find new (unless Atlus just ran another reprint but don't think so). It's OOP shortly after release.

Also, Aksys' Record of Agarest War got a LE treatment at the same price point in a similar way as BlazBlue (if you consider it a deal). Although the 'usefulness' of the LE goodies is questionable.[/QUOTE]

A local GameStop around here has it new for $20.00... I want to go pick it up, but I think I'd feel the same as if I was buying "Imagine: Make Up Artist" in front of the employee if I did... :whistle2:x

[quote name='warmsignal']A local GameStop around here has it new for $20.00... I want to go pick it up, but I think I'd feel the same as if I was buying "Imagine: Make Up Artist" in front of the employee if I did... :whistle2:x[/QUOTE]

buy them both :)

Sweet! Just picked up Neo Geo Battle Coliseum at TRU. I saw Swashbucklers: Blue vs. Grey for $5. Looks like it is a Sid Meier's Pirates! rip with more RPG action, weird.

[quote name='doodofdoods']If anyone orders this let us know if it still comes with the artbook.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics from Amazon on March 11. It arrived today with the artbook.

[quote name='masuto']Battle Fantasia for 360 is now $12.96 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll look into purchasing this when my amazon payment finally goes through.

[quote name='ecwfan']I ordered Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics from Amazon on March 11. It arrived today with the artbook.[/QUOTE]

Must vary by warehouse. Mine came from the Los Angeles warehouse and didn't come with the art book, although I ordered maybe a month or so ago.

Disgaea 3 is back up to $39.99 on gamestop and on amazon. =/, should have pulled the trigger when i had the chance.

[quote name='Guiltyr']Disgaea 3 is back up to $39.99 on gamestop and on amazon. =/, should have pulled the trigger when i had the chance.[/QUOTE]

Word is in the Gamestop Game Days sale thread that it will be $14.99 in the sale.

Of course I grabbed it two days before that thread was posted. Oh well, I guess $5 more to guarantee that I have it versus having to find a store that has it in stock after the sale starts isn't so bad . . .

Can anyone please send me a picture of the actual front of the case of Atlus's "The Dark Spire" (if purchased at GameStop) with the sticker showing the $3.99 price?

[quote name='bojay1997']Must vary by warehouse. Mine came from the Los Angeles warehouse and didn't come with the art book, although I ordered maybe a month or so ago.[/QUOTE]

You mean the Las Vegas/Henderson warehouse? There is no amazon warehouse in LA, otherwise those of us in Cali would be getting charged state sales tax directly from amazon, instead of "owing" it to the state government in use tax.

[quote name='karkyco']You mean the Las Vegas/Henderson warehouse? There is no amazon warehouse in LA, otherwise those of us in Cali would be getting charged state sales tax directly from amazon, instead of "owing" it to the state government in use tax.[/QUOTE]

Could have been an order fullfilled by a third party seller.

Just an update: I got my Hero's Saga: Laevatein Tactics today (ordered on 3/18). It shipped from their Indiana warehouse and was sans art book (I'm assuming the art book does not come inside the actual game case, as I haven't actually opened the game yet). :(

Just a quick heads up (not a deal per se) because it's buried in another part of the forum that not everyone might be looking at, but will likely be of interest to some here:

Atlus had an issue with the SMT: Strange Journey soundtrack discs (disc could only be played on a computer) and is offering replacements for those who bought it. See this thread post for details:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7002723&postcount=63

The only thing I noticed lowered this week was Guilty Gear Overture $14.99 new at Egghead. Also, Bionic Commando drops again to $6.99 at Newegg (Free shipping)

[quote name='ShadowX']Adventures to Go! - [PSP][NEW][USED] 9.99/8.99[/QUOTE]

Great deal. Surprisingly that game has some of the best writing I've read in ages. Very funny stuff.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Looks like this thread kind of died off... anyways Zoids Assault is down to $3.99 shipped at Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874120004[/QUOTE]

I've been keeping my eyes on the prices but no tremendous drops. Although, for Atlus, Aksys, Xseed, etc. you probably want to check your local closing down Gamecrazy (if they are still around in your area).

Spectral Force Genesis [DS] - $14.99 [Used] (this was released in March)

Zoids must have either changed in price, or I'm looking at the wrong thing, because its showing up $56.99 (!).

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Zoids must have either changed in price, or I'm looking at the wrong thing, because its showing up $56.99 (!).[/QUOTE]

Yea... it's probably low stock now.

From the Abyss dropped to $9.99 used...not sure if it's a good DS game though. Have been keeping my eye on the games for the Hollywood Video closures but nothing major in terms of sales that I have seen of late for Atlus, Aksys, NIS America, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back