Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kndy']Noticed that Battle Fantasia is $5.99-$7.99 on Amazon (third party new). Is the game worth buying?[/QUOTE]
If you're looking for a niche fighter, this is it. You can obviously list many better games, but for 6 bucks its not a bad buy. Though if you have SF4 or any of the other big 2d fighters, this might not be worth it.

This is coming on the heels of the gohastings.com 20% off deal going on right now, but since this is Atlus related, I figured I'd post it here.

Anyone that is looking to get a brand new copy of "Class of Heroes," which goes for at least over $40+ anywhere else, can snag it right now for $30 out the door (includes shipping cost) on the site. I just managed to pick up a copy and thought some Atlus fans would be interested in this "deal".

[quote name='MaelstromB']This is coming on the heels of the gohastings.com 20% off deal going on right now, but since this is Atlus related, I figured I'd post it here.

Anyone that is looking to get a brand new copy of "Class of Heroes," which goes for at least over $40+ anywhere else, can snag it right now for $30 out the door (includes shipping cost) on the site. I just managed to pick up a copy and thought some Atlus fans would be interested in this "deal".[/QUOTE]
Actually, I have been waiting for a deal on Class of Heroes for a while now but $30 is still a bit high for me. Thanks anyway, though.

[quote name='MaelstromB']This is coming on the heels of the gohastings.com 20% off deal going on right now, but since this is Atlus related, I figured I'd post it here.

Anyone that is looking to get a brand new copy of "Class of Heroes," which goes for at least over $40+ anywhere else, can snag it right now for $30 out the door (includes shipping cost) on the site. I just managed to pick up a copy and thought some Atlus fans would be interested in this "deal".[/QUOTE]

Is it really that much? Wow. Kinda glad I pre-ordered it. I was super hyped about it, but after playing 80% of it, I kinda dropped it. It doesn't compare to Etrian Odyssey at all.

[quote name='mxpowar']Actually, I have been waiting for a deal on Class of Heroes for a while now but $30 is still a bit high for me. Thanks anyway, though.[/QUOTE]

This is just my suggestion, but I would honestly pick it sooner than later. Very few retailers actually carry it as it is, and I can see this title disappearing pretty quickly and shooting way up in price. And, I'm not 100% but I think this title has been discontinued by Atlus, already. Can anyone confirm this by chance?

If you don't mind it being in *used* condition, there are a couple copies listed on ebay right now for around $27 + shipping. So like I said above, that's why I'd grab it while I can. ;)

But yeah, elessar123, I've heard similar critique when comparing the game to Etrian Odyssey. I've never played any of the EO games, although I do own the first two (I've not gotten around to playing them quite yet), and I have the third iteration pre-ordered right now. More than likely, the third game will be the first game I delve into in the series because I hear it's the most accessible, while still retaining all of the challenging difficulty/rewarding elements that have become a favored hallmark in the franchise.

On another subject, and this is a total shot in the dark, but does anyone know where one could acquire the first Atlus PSP title, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner without paying $90+?

[quote name='MaelstromB']On another subject, and this is a total shot in the dark, but does anyone know where one could acquire the first Atlus PSP title, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner without paying $90+?[/QUOTE]

You serious? That game is expensive now? I owned it at one point, but I hated it and sold it for the $30 it was going for on eBay at the time.

[quote name='MaelstromB']On another subject, and this is a total shot in the dark, but does anyone know where one could acquire the first Atlus PSP title, Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner without paying $90+?[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys, I should have been more specific in specifying that I am looking for a brand new copy for collection purposes. On the other hand, purchasing a used copy from Gamestop for $10 would be a great deal! However, no Gamestop within 60+ miles from me has a copy (I live in Minneapolis, MN). If only you could request and purchase inventory from Gamestop's brick & mortars via their website.

Thanks for the suggestions though, guys! :)

I just bought Theresia :ds: at Amazon for just $5.12 (Prime elegible)...

Weird thing is, after I placed the order, I wanted to buy an extra copy for a friend, but the price went up just aftet I put my first order...

6ruRO.jpg

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I just bought Theresia :ds: at Amazon for just $5.12 (Prime elegible)...

Weird thing is, after I placed the order, I wanted to buy an extra copy for a friend, but the price went up just aftet I put my first order...

6ruRO.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn, looks like you got the last copy from Hubbagames.
I've been wanting to check this game out and $5.12 is a fantastic price!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Weird thing is, after I placed the order, I wanted to buy an extra copy for a friend, but the price went up just aftet I put my first order...
[/QUOTE]

That's a third-party seller who does their fulfillment through Amazon, not Amazon themselves. Probably means that that particular seller only had one copy in their inventory. In fact, looking on the site, that's exactly what it was -- that seller is no longer listed at all in the third-party merchants.

I regret not picking it up when it was cheap...they had this new during the Hollywood Video closure for $14...and I didn't go for it (As I was going for other games) but I regret not picking it up for that price.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']I just bought Theresia :ds: at Amazon for just $5.12 (Prime elegible)...

6ruRO.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice!! I still need to pick this one up but $5.12, that is a steal!

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Has anyone played the :ds: version of Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure?[/QUOTE]

I haven't, but everyone said it was buggy and was missing a dungeon compared to the PS1 release.

[quote name='elessar123']I haven't, but everyone said it was buggy and was missing a dungeon compared to the PS1 release.[/QUOTE]

Not missing a dungeon from the PSone release, missing the post-game content and dungeon that was present in the Japanese version of the DS release.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Not missing a dungeon from the PSone release, missing the post-game content and dungeon that was present in the Japanese version of the DS release.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info... I will buy it as soon as I get home.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Hurry up, guys!

Theresia :ds:

It's just $7.99 right now... sold by Hubbagames (I really don't know why is not Prime elegigle... when I bought my copy yesterday from them, it was Prime elegible).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CU2SE8/ref=oss_product[/QUOTE]

Cool....another guy is selling it for $6.99 too. I went ahead and picked this one up.

Btw...does anyone know if "Time Hollow" is any good (Konami/AIC game)? Amazon has it for $52.99 and Gamestop has it used for $9.99.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Thanks for that info... I will buy it as soon as I get home.[/QUOTE]

This may be too late, but the game is not worth any amount of money you throw at it, unless you just want it for collection purposes.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']This may be too late, but the game is not worth any amount of money you throw at it, unless you just want it for collection purposes.[/QUOTE]

Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - I actually enjoyed the game...thought it was fun and enjoyed how the music was utilized as well. But to each their own...

I just picked up Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, new and sealed, at Gamestop, for $29.99. I know that may not seem like a deal but it seems like it is sold out everywhere else and eBay and Amazon are selling it for much more. YMMV, of course, since it is sold out online.

[quote name='kndy']Cool....another guy is selling it for $6.99 too. I went ahead and picked this one up.

Btw...does anyone know if "Time Hollow" is any good (Konami/AIC game)? Amazon has it for $52.99 and Gamestop has it used for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

I played through Time Hollow, and I thought it was a faily enjoyable game. It's pretty short, less than 10 hours, but it was fun and interesting for a point-and-click game. I'd say it's worth $10 if you can find it.

[quote name='KiySeph']Samurai Shodown Sen (XB360) is $16.99 at Amazon.com for the morbidly curious.

http://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Shodo..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284932934&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

Samurai Shodown Sen is just absolutely terrible. It looks and plays like an old early PSone fighter, complete with old school cheap AI. The artwork on the character select screens is awesome, but that's the only good thing I can say about it. This game makes me sad to see what's become of the franchise.

[quote name='kndy']Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - I actually enjoyed the game...thought it was fun and enjoyed how the music was utilized as well. But to each their own...[/QUOTE]

I liked it too. The lack of the English music was sad but worth the $10 I paid for it new from Gamestop.

[quote name='kndy']Cool....another guy is selling it for $6.99 too. I went ahead and picked this one up.

Btw...does anyone know if "Time Hollow" is any good (Konami/AIC game)? Amazon has it for $52.99 and Gamestop has it used for $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that that's not Amazon selling it. It's a super inflated price from some douche Amazon Marketplace seller.

There's a new copy being sold on the Amazon Marketplace for close to $20.

I posted a deal for this game a while back and some people gave their opinions of it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267682

The $5 off coupon doesn't exist anymore, but gamestop.com still has a few new copies left for $20. As for the game, I played it myself and it was pretty good. It actually got me interested enough to play Junko Kawano's last time travel game, "Shadow of Destiny", which was fairly similar, though I enjoyed the atmosphere of Time Hollow quite a bit more.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Samurai Shodown Sen is just absolutely terrible. It looks and plays like an old early PSone fighter, complete with old school cheap AI. The artwork on the character select screens is awesome, but that's the only good thing I can say about it. This game makes me sad to see what's become of the franchise.[/QUOTE]

I believe this is a spot on description. I wish the graphics looked like the intro screen, instead of, the 3D crap that was vomited on to the disc. The game feels so stiff, and the AI is brutal. Even with an arcade stick, the game is almost unplayable.

Oh, fuckers...

"Hello from Amazon.com.

Due to a lack of availability from our suppliers, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:

"Theresia"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CU2SE8

We've cancelled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience.

Please visit the product detail pages above to see if these items are available from other sellers.

If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

If we determine that you should still receive the offer, we'll reimburse you for the value of the promotional discount. (This will not apply if all items in the order were cancelled.)

Your credit card will NOT BE CHARGED for this item because you only pay for items when we ship them to you.

Your order is now closed."

[quote name='mxpowar']I just picked up Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, new and sealed, at Gamestop, for $29.99. I know that may not seem like a deal but it seems like it is sold out everywhere else and eBay and Amazon are selling it for much more. YMMV, of course, since it is sold out online.[/QUOTE]

Good stuff man! I literally just picked up a brand new copy from Gamestop as well! I looked into buying it elsewhere and it's at least over $45-50 anywhere else. I searched for it around where I live with no luck, but thankfully the rest of my family lives on the East Coast and there was a store about 20 miles away w/ a copy that my brother was able to pick up for me. :)

It pays to have family haha. Either that, or you know you're an obsessive gamer when you've got your family running to grab a game for you over 1100 miles away. ;)

[quote name='earvcunanan']Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with 2-disc OST) now $27.89, a drop from $32.00 from Amazon. Any thoughts on this one?[/QUOTE]

Terrible game. It should have been a $10 download on PSN.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Mimana: Iyar Chronicle (with 2-disc OST) now $27.89, a drop from $32.00 from Amazon. Any thoughts on this one?[/QUOTE]

i can see this game falling to around 20 by end of next week.. and staying there

still not worth 20.... no map feature just messes up the game too bad

[quote name='Camwi']Keep in mind that that's not Amazon selling it. It's a super inflated price from some douche Amazon Marketplace seller.

There's a new copy being sold on the Amazon Marketplace for close to $20.[/QUOTE]

OT- Hey! Steven's Point, WI has 24 packs of 16 ounce Natty Light for $11.99. I got some back in July. That is a steal if you can stand Natty! It is my binge drinking beer.

Hey guys...noticeable price drops which I put on the front page:

Sakura Wars Wii or PS2 packs have dropped in price...if you see that PS2 pack in good shape used for $22.99, that's a great price.

Record of Agarest set for XB360 is now at $24.99 [used]

Wizard of Oz dropped to under $19 on Amazon

Ignition's Muramasa dropped to $15.80 on Amazon, Ignition's Spectral Force Genesis dropped to $12.93 on Amazon

Mania Khemia Student Alliance also dropped as well...

Also, Xseed's Avalon Code and Half-Minute Hero dropped in price (used).

[quote name='mxpowar']I just picked up Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, new and sealed, at Gamestop, for $29.99. I know that may not seem like a deal but it seems like it is sold out everywhere else and eBay and Amazon are selling it for much more. YMMV, of course, since it is sold out online.[/QUOTE]
I guess I got really lucky then when I found it at Best Buy for 50% off. It came to $14.99 +tax! :bouncy:

Also here's a tip for everyone...Kmart recently got a huge bin of Front Lane stickered games within the past week. Most of it is shovelware but I managed to find :ds: From The Abyss for $9.99:)

[quote name='shiningslade']Most of it is shovelware but I managed to find :ds: From The Abyss for $9.99:)[/QUOTE]
Is the game good?

[quote name='eau']Is the game good?[/QUOTE]

I saw From the Abyss for $10 at Kmart (this week u get a $10 coupon with DS games). Might be worth the try with the coupon.

[quote name='eau']Is the game good?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, for that price it's very good. $29.99 it was not. So, that's a good deal!

[quote name='Camwi']Keep in mind that that's not Amazon selling it. It's a super inflated price from some douche Amazon Marketplace seller.[/QUOTE]

That's because Amazon charges an outrageous commission fee for each sale. So inevitably, in order for private sellers to survive on Amazon, they pass those fees onto the consumers. And most times they're simply breaking even. I can vouch as someone who has sold just a few items on there randomly, only to see their huge fees take a huge chunk off of the final sale price. It almost entirely negates prospective small amateur sales. Ebay is not much better either after you get the final listing fees and Paypal takes their cut.

I've actually found Glyde and Half.com to be the better options for amateur single sales, however, they are also not as well known either as Amazon and Ebay, and therefore items can sit for months before they sell. Just my 2 cents on an issue I'm sure has been discussed/argued to death. :roll:

Just an FYI that Amazon has Contact (DS) for $8.31. If you have Prime or use FSSS this is a pretty good deal. This is directly through Amazon, not a third-party seller. 117 copies left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back