* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#19801 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40129 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:40 PM

Can't wait.

#19802 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

i like catgirls.

#19803 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1809 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

Grisaia kickstarter got me interested after seeing how messed up the anime was. Decided to split the cost with a friend who was only interested in the digital copy. 

#19804 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

In case people haven't been checking, Target put a bunch of their vita games in the 50% off clearance. I picked up gravity rush today for $7.50.

#19805 ck76   Winter is Coming CAGiversary!   756 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Really impressive how many Visual Novels are coming west.  My hope is these get Vita versions as what I'd prefer to play them on.

#19806 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:09 PM

Finally managed to purchase Danganronpa 2 at Gamestop. Game was incredibly hard to find in my area. 

#19807 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40129 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:10 PM

That's because it's incredibly good.

#19808 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

That's because it's incredibly good.

Yes. And I finally got it. 

#19809 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

psychopass anime sucks so I'm gonna pass on that one.  I highly doubt a vn for it could be anygood when the writing was just in such poor taste.  Would of been a great series if they took out the awful female lead, the main villain and tweaked the serial killer test so it wasn't full of fail.

#19810 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6443 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:29 PM

In case people haven't been checking, Target put a bunch of their vita games in the 50% off clearance. I picked up gravity rush today for $7.50.

ooh cool I need to pick up some vita games since I only own hearts r.  too bad my only target is in a upscale area so they don't price match and rarely put stuff on sale outside microwaves.  Damn do they have good prices on microwaves though I always go there especially when they have their gift card promos like buy 2 24 pks of pop and get a 15$ gift card.

It would be nice if they had anything but I'm not getting my hopes up.  :pray:

And many that never got a reprint like Fire Emblem so who knows.

ugh don't remind me.  I've spent waay too much money on that series trying to pick up the older titles.  thank god for price tracker.  Of course if I had gotten to block buster when they were closing sooner I probably could of gotten radiant dawn for cheap like a bunch of other people did :/

#19811 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1991 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:32 PM

i am not sure if you guys are into catgirls. LOL

It's like you've never been on the internet before.

#19812 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 29 December 2014 - 09:39 PM

another visual novel by Sekai Project’s call NEKOPARA Vol. 1 will be release on december 30, with a demo available now on steam. i am not sure if you guys are into catgirls. LOL

demo http://store.steampo...eck/app/333600/
http://www.siliconer...nekopara-vol-1/

Meow! 😆

#19813 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

Really impressive how many Visual Novels are coming west.  My hope is these get Vita versions as what I'd prefer to play them on.

unfortunately is is pc only on steam. good thing there is a demo for you to try, before buying

#19814 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:14 PM

an update on brandish-the-dark-revenant, set to be release in january

http://www.siliconer...anuary-release/

#19815 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:30 PM

Seeing Akiba's Trip on sale on PSN made me want to get it on console since I enjoyed it on Vita. But I was disappointed since the PS4 version wasn't on sale.

The PS4 version is $40 on Amazon and Gamestop, which is $10 off the MSRP. But it was still a bit much for me since I didn't want to pay a lot to double dip on the game. So I considered getting the PS3 version on PSN since it was cheaper.

However, I managed to find a used copy of the PS4 version at my local Gamestop for $31.49 and I had the $5 Kongregate coupon as well lowering the price more.

Good thing I looked around. The used copy was complete too with the booklet and case, whoever had it before really took good care of it.

Anyways, moral of the story: It's always good to look around :)

#19816 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:02 PM

Grisaia kickstarter got me interested after seeing how messed up the anime was. Decided to split the cost with a friend who was only interested in the digital copy. 

how big of a trainwreck was it? i only watch the first two episodes. it is not on my list of must watch right now.

i am hoping kantai collection about batteship girls, turn out good. because i enjoyed the anime

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

#19817 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:19 PM

Apreggio of Blue Steel has an amazing opening. 

#19818 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40129 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

Is it worth watching though? I couldn't get thruogh the first episode.

#19819 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

I thought it was. Just wasn't a fan of the animation direction. 

#19820 tsoul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   447 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

I enjoyed the earlier combat parts until the show turned into a ship harem...

#19821 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20343 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

Seeing Akiba's Trip on sale on PSN made me want to get it on console since I enjoyed it on Vita. But I was disappointed since the PS4 version wasn't on sale.

The PS4 version is $40 on Amazon and Gamestop, which is $10 off the MSRP. But it was still a bit much for me since I didn't want to pay a lot to double dip on the game. So I considered getting the PS3 version on PSN since it was cheaper.

However, I managed to find a used copy of the PS4 version at my local Gamestop for $31.49 and I had the $5 Kongregate coupon as well lowering the price more.

Good thing I looked around. The used copy was complete too with the booklet and case, whoever had it before really took good care of it.

Do you think it is worth upgrading to ps4 from vita?

#19822 cbellevie  

cbellevie

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

Gah. I saw this and thought there was a game I was unaware of. Loved Arpeggio of Blue Steel!

#19823 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

yep, the anime had potential in early episodes, i hope they hope they do better the second time around with the sequel being confirmed

#19824 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

Gah. I saw this and thought there was a game I was unaware of. Loved Arpeggio of Blue Steel!

Kantai Collection is actually an ps vita, mobile game. ps vita  game has just being announced with the anime airing next month.

nsfw gameplay video of it

#19825 motaku96   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1994 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

The fights against Takao and Haruna & Kirishima were great. It was about strategy and outwitting their foe. Then it just turned into beam spam and the power of friendship near the end. What a disappointment. At least stuff like GuP kept it interesting up to the final battle. Speaking of, did anyone import the GuP game? Is it decent? It looks like a worse version of WoT. Probably better off adding voice and portrait mods to WoT.

Not to rain on your parade, but you could've also used a birthday coupon to get more off of it. Still good price man. I'm looking to get it on PS3 physical. Still haven't seen any good price drops yet.

#19826 Pikagreg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1809 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:51 AM

how big of a trainwreck was it? i only watch the first two episodes. it is not on my list of must watch right now.

i am hoping kantai collection about batteship girls, turn out good. because i enjoyed the anime

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

From what I heard it was a huge trainwreck, though having not played the VN's I found it highly entertaining. I liked how there was a feeling of continuity among the different arcs and the MC is the best MC I have seen in a long time. 

#19827 dsman3717   Saber is Life CAGiversary!   723 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

dsman3717

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

Do you think it is worth upgrading to ps4 from vita?

Well, the Vita version was fine but I got really tired of the long load times and constant frame rate drops. While playing through the PS4 version, looks like those issues are now gone. Also, there's a new Visual Editor mode to customize the colors/brightness/etc which is good since I wasn't a fan of brightness and saturation when I started. There's also Toy Box mode, which lets you play the game with any weapon you want (they'll all be unlocked). Oh yeah, all the released DLC is on disc too so that's another plus. With that said, it was worth the upgrade to me. Make sure you get it at a low price though, so you won't feel that bad double dipping on the game.

The fights against Takao and Haruna & Kirishima were great. It was about strategy and outwitting their foe. Then it just turned into beam spam and the power of friendship near the end. What a disappointment. At least stuff like GuP kept it interesting up to the final battle. Speaking of, did anyone import the GuP game? Is it decent? It looks like a worse version of WoT. Probably better off adding voice and portrait mods to WoT.

Not to rain on your parade, but you could've also used a birthday coupon to get more off of it. Still good price man. I'm looking to get it on PS3 physical. Still haven't seen any good price drops yet.

I knew I was forgetting something! Man, that extra 20% off would have been perfect. :P  And yeah, I haven't seen the PS3 physical copy on sale recently. Guess it'll happen later on :/

#19828 BoxPizzaBox   Trash Tier CAGiversary!   1344 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

BoxPizzaBox

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:55 AM

Kantai Collection is actually an ps vita, mobile game. ps vita  game has just being announced with the anime airing next month.

I hope the Vita game will be fairly easy to play not knowing Japanese. It'd be fun to give it a try.

#19829 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3141 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

Most disappointing NSFW video ever. But I am looking forward to the Vita version.

#19830 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

Wouldn't mind if it was a card game.