* * * * - 40 votes

Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

#20341 chickenbutt   Nope CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chickenbutt

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

I have had a vita for like a year and I have yet to really use it, I hacked mine use it to play emulators especially Neo-Geo, I just bought Gravity Rush and it seems fun 

You're missing out man.. Don't forget about this gem

#20342 Ur-APS   Your Waifu is Kuso. Except Mine CAGiversary!   11872 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

I get it when people complain that the Vita doesn't have that many games, but Fuck this thread makes me remember just how much I like my Vita. Pretty sure the console is just great for a lot of us in this thread.

According to Neogaf, the Vita has about 350 upcoming games. Sure, people can say the Vita is dead. But to me, it is still alive and kicking.

I have had a vita for like a year and I have yet to really use it, I hacked mine use it to play emulators especially Neo-Geo, I just bought Gravity Rush and it seems fun 

I can recommend Virtue's Last Reward and Danganronpa. After playing it, I know why people love VLR so much.

#20343 gnoh  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:09 AM

You're missing out man.. Don't forget about this gem

I never understood that. Hey here's cute anime girl that you have to rub, but we're gonna give you a frantic time limit so you can't actually pay attention to what you're rubbing! 

#20344 chickenbutt   Nope CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

chickenbutt

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:13 AM

According to Neogaf, the Vita has about 350 upcoming games. Sure, people can say the Vita is dead. But to me, it is still alive and kicking.

I can recommend Virtue's Last Reward and Danganronpa. After playing it, I know why people love VLR so much.

I think many people bought it expecting more big western games like Killzone, but recently there hasn't really been many of those. Aside from these niche Japanese games, all we really get are indies. I'm happy with my Vita, but I guess that's sort of why some people say it's dead. The console seems to do really well though for companies like XSEED and NISA since they keep releasing things on it.

#20345 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9683 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

Yeah okay, it's like I thought, just a general rebellion against digital.  

I was just wondering if it was something special with Danganronpa  since ppl were willing to pay MSRP when there have been digital sales. Just wondered if there was something extra.  Carry on.

Nah you just don't read the thread. Because it was discussed in depth a week ago for the 100th time.

#20346 Dammage   Chie is best girl CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:08 AM

I think many people bought it expecting more big western games like Killzone, but recently there hasn't really been many of those. Aside from these niche Japanese games, all we really get are indies. I'm happy with my Vita, but I guess that's sort of why some people say it's dead. The console seems to do really well though for companies like XSEED and NISA since they keep releasing things on it.

I'm sure people know now that it's a niche console, I wish Sony would just give up and market it as that.

Fuck's sake I think they marketed Minecraft for Vita than they did Freedom Wars

#20347 Thermopyle  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

The reason people think Vita is dead is because the majority of the titles are digital-only. People that are collectors or people that wander into GS/BB are going to be very unhappy with the selection compared to people that buy digitally.

The Vita actually has tons of games. I went over the list last year and at the 2-year mark it was at 199 games released in NA, IIRC. That's about 50 more than the 3DS at its 2-year anniversary. IIRC PSP was about 230 or so, but that was for releases in general rather than NA specifically (I was using Wikipedia for research and the PSP game list doesn't break out release dates by country like the newer systems do.)

#20348 option.iv   phantom fighter CAGiversary!   3156 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

I know I'm being hypocritical, but when people call themselves "collectors", I keep bringing up the time when Kirito first said he was a "beater"... facepalm

#20349 KudosConan   Procrastinator CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

KudosConan

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:48 AM

You underestimate the power little kids have on parents with things like minecraft. Went to a party and all the kids ignored the bounce house and played minecraft on their iphones. The kid inside me felt sad inside.

#20350 elessar123  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

dream club zero = nsfw

lol, Setsu doesn't look like she has anything to grab.

Spoiler

#20351 Dammage   Chie is best girl CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

You underestimate the power little kids have on parents with things like minecraft. Went to a party and all the kids ignored the bounce house and played minecraft on their iphones. The kid inside me felt sad inside.

I don't think they should be marketing it as a kids toy lol. They seemed to be pushing that and the pets game pretty hard last year.

Can't wait for the day a kid just wanders on the store and buys monster monpiece having no idea what it is.

#20352 hey imagamer  

hey imagamer

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Sometimes, I just like to look at my Vita games. :D

Noice! But technically I think it's called "Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc" so it could also technically be slotted between Conception and the DJ Max game... >_> Still I applaud your attention to detail there. ^^

Oh but it's your collection so you can organize them however you want, obviously...

#20353 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15056 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

People say it's dead because the vast majority of video game players only play what's on a store shelf in physical form and the Vita has ALMOST ZERO shelf space at any retailer that isn't GameStop, and that's just one small shelf, even though it has every cart release available.

Making Minecraft & MLB The Show download vouchers only instead of a physical cart will end up being the nail in the coffin for Vita in terms of the mass market. It will now only be a digital-only indie port/JRPG haven while the vast majority of the gaming audience will treat it as dead.

#20354 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15056 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

Is Guilty Gear for PS4 completely OoP? Every retailer other than Amazon is OoS and only random low volume GS locations still have it available physically.

#20355 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2110 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

I don't even know why people keep asking for games like killzone and Assassin's creed for vita. Those games came out for vita and no one bought them because they would rather play the console counterparts. The games coming out now like Danganronpa, Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts are much better and they play much better on the vita.

#20356 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38061 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

I don't even know why people keep asking for games like killzone and Assassin's creed for vita. Those games came out for vita and no one bought them because they would rather play the console counterparts. The games coming out now like Danganronpa, Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts are much better and they play much better on the vita.

What's ironic to me is that Killzone Mercenary is arguably the best in the series (I was too bored to finish the KZ3 demo, yet I really enjoy KZM), yet all of the Killzone buzz goes to the console versions.

#20357 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   793 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

GoG is having a weeklong sale on JRPGs - Trails In The Sky is $13.99, Agarest : Generations of War is $3.74, and Pier Solar is $7.49.

#20358 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13460 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Is Guilty Gear for PS4 completely OoP? Every retailer other than Amazon is OoS and only random low volume GS locations still have it available physically.

I noticed that too. Every version has been sold out at Best Buy for a while so I'm glad I preordered my LE PS4 copy there.  I think the Aksys store still has it in stock though, and probably will for a while since no one seems to shop there.

#20359 Zbornak   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   793 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:10 PM

GoG is having a weeklong sale on JRPGs - Trails In The Sky is $13.99, Agarest : Generations of War is $3.74, and Pier Solar is $7.49.

#20360 gnoh  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

What's ironic to me is that Killzone Mercenary is arguably the best in the series (I was too bored to finish the KZ3 demo, yet I really enjoy KZM), yet all of the Killzone buzz goes to the console versions.

Ionno mercenary was kinda boring all things considered, too few enemies and too small of shooting areas

#20361 Thermopyle  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

I actually liked the Resistance: Burning Skies campaign more than KZ:M's. Though that's not a surprise since KZ:M's campaign was tacked on at the last minute. 

KZ:M is definitely the better game from a technical standpoint, though.

I finally got around to picking up CoD: Declassified though have not yet played it. 

#20362 Thermopyle  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

That's a pretty small sale.

#20363 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

All I want is for the Vita to hang around long enough that they'll release all 3 chapters of Trails in the Sky for it.

Oh, and that they actually release all three chapters, I guess.

#20364 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1655 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

That's a pretty small sale.

That's pretty much all of GOG's JRPG selection. Not many japanese games in general. 

#20365 Azxs  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

I'm very optimistic about the vita's future. So long as nobody gets cfw up off the ground I suspect the vita will be the niche game machine for years to come.

On another note, I finally got my copy of the ef limited edition. The art book is really quite nice.

#20366 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   6435 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

I'm very optimistic about the vita's future. So long as nobody gets cfw up off the ground I suspect the vita will be the niche game machine for years to come.

On another note, I finally got my copy of the ef limited edition. The art book is really quite nice.

i don't know about that.  Seems like the ps4 is gonna be the one to have rpgs since it is so cheap to dev for.  

#20367 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   9683 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

People say it's dead because the vast majority of video game players only play what's on a store shelf in physical form and the Vita has ZERO shelf space at any retailer that isn't GameStop, and that's just one small shelf, even though it has every cart release available.

Making Minecraft & MLB The Show download vouchers only instead of a physical cart will end up being the nail in the coffin for Vita in terms of the mass market. It will now only be a digital-only indie port/JRPG haven while the vast majority of the gaming audience will treat it as dead.

Except that the Vita has shelf space at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart. 

Sure, it feels like it's dead in the water at retail, but what you just posted is factually incorrect.

#20368 elessar123  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

i don't know about that.  Seems like the ps4 is gonna be the one to have rpgs since it is so cheap to dev for.  

Yea, and it's a lot easier to port from PS4 to PC than PS3 to PC. Wondering if Sony is working on a portable x86 gaming system.

#20369 Dammage   Chie is best girl CAGiversary!   540 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:07 PM

Except that the Vita has shelf space at Target, Best Buy, and Walmart. 

Sure, it feels like it's dead in the water at retail, but what you just posted is factually incorrect.

I wouldn't count Target or Walmart, they both only have like 5 games on display.

Now Fry's, that's another story. They have pretty much every Vita game there, last time I went they had 2 Shinovi Versus LEs

#20370 Asmith906   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2110 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Vita still has a ton of stuff coming out for it

http://m.neogaf.com/...t=969122&page=1