Capcom Game sale on the PSN (last week) 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

Bug42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting for this to go on sale for ages. Never been a huge fan of 2D fighters (grew up playing mostly VF/VF2/VF3/Tekken 3/Tekken Tag/Tekken 4), but not a bad way to get into such a popular game. Thanks op!

It's a fun game to play with a friend, but I'm no expert of the game. When I play online I get absolutely crushed.

I don't know if I'm just not very good at the game, but just a word of warning to any buyers, but this is a great price.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit just bought it a month ago and played it like 3 times. No more getting DLC at full price. It always goes on sale eventually, except for maybe Wiiware.

Anyone know if this is a more or less straight port of the console versions with all the extra stuff, or is it more of a graphically-updated arcade release?

Dang it. I just bought the $10 version on XBLA less than a week ago. How was I supposed to know this was ever going to be less than $10?

Pretty sure it was based off the DC version, which was graphically superior to the Xbox/PS2 versions.

Gotta love CAGs complaining about purchasing it for $15 when it was $70+ to play it prior to the release on PSN/Live.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Pretty sure it was based off the DC version, which was graphically superior to the Xbox/PS2 versions.

Gotta love CAGs complaining about purchasing it for $15 when it was $70+ to play it prior to the release on PSN/Live.[/QUOTE]

Just as I expected.

I'm going to take this for a ride!

[quote name='Brownjohn']I really want to play this, but I suck at fighters now. I'll probably end up biting. Thanks op![/QUOTE]

This. I used to be amazing at fighting games like 10 years ago. Now, I just absolutely suck at them. I bought SF4 when it came out and was terrible. However, MvC2 was one of my favorites, so at $7.50, I'll bite.

Just traded in my PS2 copy of MvC2 last week for $15 (i know, alot lower than a few years ago when i bought it) and was gonna pick it up on psn right away but i heard about the xbla sale. Usually the psn matches the xbox sales so I waited and here it is. Yay for patience!

[quote name='Velo214']Just traded in my PS2 copy of MvC2 last week for $15 (i know, alot lower than a few years ago when i bought it) and was gonna pick it up on psn right away but i heard about the xbla sale. Usually the psn matches the xbox sales so I waited and here it is. Yay for patience![/QUOTE]

You could have easily sold it for a lot more on CAG/eBay prob....

Down for this. Somehow I knew it would go down eventually. Played the demo with a friend and noticed that the action stays in full screen format while the scenery is in widescreen. Anyone else notice this? Almost as if the fighting code was simply translated over verbatim without expanding it to widescreen...

[quote name='vertdogggg']Down for this. Somehow I knew it would go down eventually. Played the demo with a friend and noticed that the action stays in full screen format while the scenery is in widescreen. Anyone else notice this? Almost as if the fighting code was simply translated over verbatim without expanding it to widescreen...[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what they did. The reviews I've come across state that you can run it at a standard 4:3 ratio if you'd like.

Does anyone know of any coupons floating around for BB? I need to stock up on PSN cards and would like to get some at a discount if at all possible. :)

[quote name='macschwag14']Does anyone know how long it will stay at this price? Is it likely to be another daily PSN special?[/QUOTE]

It'll probably last a week, like most PSN sales.

Sweet price. Finally another game to use my TE stick.

And hopefully Sony will patch the madcatz stick to work on ps2 game on my launch ps3

If you don't have at least one REAL friend you're going to play this with (local or wifi), don't buy this! You will be very disappointed unless you are a MvC2 god! But if you do have the friend/s to play, I highly reccommend this.

[quote name='vertdogggg']Down for this. Somehow I knew it would go down eventually. Played the demo with a friend and noticed that the action stays in full screen format while the scenery is in widescreen. Anyone else notice this? Almost as if the fighting code was simply translated over verbatim without expanding it to widescreen...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but see if you were playing online with someone who was using 4:3, that would put them at the disadvantage. Also, this keeps it from changing the gameplay of the original. Honestly, aside from Strider and Jin having some weird clipping on the edge of the screen, you honestly don't notice. Between 6 characters, a cluttering HUD, and lots of ranged attacks, it gives this awfully crowded game room to breathe.

[quote name='wasurenai']Anyone know if this is a more or less straight port of the console versions with all the extra stuff, or is it more of a graphically-updated arcade release?[/QUOTE]

It's based off of the DC port, so it includes pretty much every glitch the DC port had. I personally believe that playing with a stick is better than playing with a pad, but this port of MvC2 makes that gap much larger as pad players do not have an option to assign PP / KK buttons.

Also, I don't know if it's me, but the online community seems to be filled with high caliber players. I used to play MvC2 a lot at my local arcades and had a record of 2-1, I played a lot of the PS2 version (which moved slower) and was much better with that, but the minute I played the PSN version online, I have lost all 10 matches I've played when the game came out.

what the? is this the same ps2 game that's supposedly hard to find? i bought it for my ex about a year and a half ago for $95

[quote name='musics_muse']what the? is this the same ps2 game that's supposedly hard to find? i bought it for my ex about a year and a half ago for $95[/QUOTE]

Where have you been for the past few months, lol. It's the same game that USED to be $95. The PS2 game is now worth much less ($30-$40), and the DLC versions have updated HD graphics, and comes with all characters unlocked at start. But otherwise, yes, it's the same game.

Well that sucks, I plunked down $15 for it just the other day...

I used my Amex to pay for the points, anyone know if I can get the difference refunded? I'm assuming not since I didn't actually buy the game with my Amex, I bought PSN currency, and then used that to buy the game...

[quote name='musics_muse']what the? is this the same ps2 game that's supposedly hard to find? i bought it for my ex about a year and a half ago for $95[/QUOTE]
I'm in a similar spot. I was all psyched to find the DC game < $50 mint/complete on eBay, then literally the next day I heard it was coming as DLC to Xbox and PS3. That's what happens in a collector hobby...

bread's done
Back