Capcom Game sale on the PSN (last week) 1942: Joint Strike for only $4.99!

Bug42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to bite on this. I have it on Dreamcast, but the luxury of having it on my hard drive is too good to pass up. I was tempted by the XBLA sale, but the PS2/3 controllers have always been better for 2D fighters, in my humble opinion.

My friend and me were just about to buy this. And I told him to hold on, that we should see what games go on sale tomorrow. Man, what a smart guy I am.

Awesome, I literally just bought the mvc tournament edition stick yesterday at gamestop and was planing on getting this. Glad I waited.

oh man, this is great.... I've been aching about how they never have any good sales, and the two games I wanted are both gonna be $7.50!

crap my launch ps3 just ylod! I have no clue when i'll get my ps3 back & I already missed out on the trine deal! Is the psn like xb live where I can just buy the game online by logging into my profile & download it once I get my ps3 back? I did that back in december when my xb got the E74 error & I bought castle crashers while my xb was being "repaired".

[quote name='Diebythesword']Just use your friends PS3 to sign in and get them.[/QUOTE]

idk anyone who owns a ps3, all of my friends own a 360/wii. my ps3 is exclusively a first party machine. my psn friend list is just random guys i played sony 1st party games with online like resistance & killzon. I get all multi platforms that are multiplayer on my xb because of how many of my friends play on live. its just none of them can stomach the hurt that is capcom fighting games(sf,mvc) so i play those on my ps3 because of the superior d-pad & my inability to commit to a fight stick(its hard).

hmm... I bought it with the Gamestop case and have kept it sealed. Maybe I should finally drop some $ so I get an opportunity to play it?

[quote name='Sonic9jct']If you don't have at least one REAL friend you're going to play this with (local or wifi), don't buy this! You will be very disappointed unless you are a MvC2 god! But if you do have the friend/s to play, I highly reccommend this.[/QUOTE]
is there a single player/campaign option to keep a 2D fighter novice entertained? I really don't want to spend hours only getting murdered online...

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']is there a single player/campaign option to keep a 2D fighter novice entertained? I really don't want to spend hours only getting murdered online...[/QUOTE]

There's an arcade mode you can mess around with...also, you can customize the difficulty options as you get better if you want.

[quote name='anathema728'][/QUOTE]

WOW! great fucking deals there!
IDK if I wanna double dip since I have most those on the 360 already.

Also I'm pretty good in SFIV and I suck balls at MvC2, if anyone thinks the skills transfer, they don't.

[quote name='kenshin65']Has the sale started yet? Still $14.99 on PSN.[/QUOTE]

PSN store doesn't update till later in the day.

The price is right, but from the impressions I've read it seems like everyone plays the same exact characters and assists online and use similar strategy. I cannot see myself wasting the time to learn a strategy to play the same matches over and over again. I might still buy, but it sounds extremely broken compared to games like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD and Street Fighter IV.

I guess I'll get this on Amazon when they match it. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my last remaining $2.50 of credit after buying Trine and Braid. I guess I can throw out an extra $5 and pick this up.

Man, I got MvC2 on the 360 for that price over the holidays... And SSFIITHDR doesn't sound like my thing (and I'd rather get it on 360, anyway, just because I have my MadCatz fightpad)... But I may pick it up anyway... Does it have an active online community?

Puzzle Fighter, on the other hand, totally sounds like something I'll enjoy, if the demo is anything to go off of.

I'm loving these PSN deals that have been going on recently. :D

[quote name='Parathod']PSN store doesn't update till later in the day.

The price is right, but from the impressions I've read it seems like everyone plays the same exact characters and assists online and use similar strategy. I cannot see myself wasting the time to learn a strategy to play the same matches over and over again. I might still buy, but it sounds extremely broken compared to games like Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD and Street Fighter IV.[/QUOTE]

We should just get a CAG group together for the game. I'm sure there'll be a ton of new people playing now that there is this sale. This way we wouldn't have to worry about playing the people you spoke of online that use the same groupings and play out every match the same.

don't buy mvc2 if you're just starting to learn the game, it's more than just gameplay mechanics to learn, it's all the little nuances, and trust me they add up
save up that money and buy tvc

and don't buy sf2hdr if you have sf4 already, there's not much of a reason to play hdr unless you find sf4 to be too slow/defensive

Wow, I'm very jealous at those PSN prices. These games on the 360 would be discounted less! $5 for Puzzle Fighter? $7.50 for SF2HDR? Damn...

[quote name='hypertails02']Wow, I'm very jealous at those PSN prices. These games on the 360 would be discounted less! $5 for Puzzle Fighter? $7.50 for SF2HDR? Damn...[/QUOTE]

really? Do we really need to get into a why PS3 is so much better than BluescreenofdeathIpay$60toplayonlineandIdon'tevengettoplayBlueraysXbox? :cool:

[quote name='anathema728']don't buy mvc2 if you're just starting to learn the game, it's more than just gameplay mechanics to learn, it's all the little nuances, and trust me they add up
save up that money and buy tvc

and don't buy sf2hdr if you have sf4 already, there's not much of a reason to play hdr unless you find sf4 to be too slow/defensive[/QUOTE]

I have never played both SF2 and MvC2 ever before. Should I get it? And I don't have any friends who are into fighting games (just MW2 :cry:).

[quote name='pram12']I have never played both SF2 and MvC2 ever before. Should I get it? And I don't have any friends who are into fighting games (just MW2 :cry:).[/QUOTE]

its a good price to try it out. But if you have never played a fighting game before it can be a bit Frustrating.

[quote name='Thasmagal']really? Do we really need to get into a why PS3 is so much better than BluescreenofdeathIpay$60toplayonlineandIdon'tevengettoplayBlueraysXbox? :cool:[/QUOTE]
Haha, I'm not trying to spark fanboy conflict. In fact, I was applauding the PS3 and Capcom for their promotion, not bashing it. Just last week they discounted MvC2 to $10, which is still a great deal.

As a reply for your comment...blue screens of death don't exist on the 360, I enjoy the connectivity of the online and it's worth the $2.50 per month (paid $30 for a card), I don't give a fuck about Blu-Ray because I don't own an HDTV, and I have no complaints for DVD quality on my TV.

I have no complaints on the PS3, I just don't prefer it over the 360. So you enjoy your PS3, and I'll enjoy my 360/Wii/PS2. :cool:

[quote name='pram12']I have never played both SF2 and MvC2 ever before. Should I get it? And I don't have any friends who are into fighting games (just MW2 :cry:).[/QUOTE]

no, you're better off waiting for ssf4, or like i said, save money and buy tvc (note online sucks; it's the wii)

hopefully they'll have better challenge/tutorial trials, sf4 just tested you on execution, what they should have had was have you block overheads and fadc projectiles, pretty sure nobody learned anything from sf4 challenge trials

[quote name='hypertails02']Haha, I'm not trying to spark fanboy conflict. In fact, I was applauding the PS3 and Capcom for their promotion, not bashing it. Just last week they discounted MvC2 to $10, which is still a great deal.

As a reply for your comment...blue screens of death don't exist on the 360, I enjoy the connectivity of the online and it's worth the $2.50 per month (paid $30 for a card), I don't give a fuck about Blu-Ray because I don't own an HDTV, and I have no complaints for DVD quality on my TV.

I have no complaints on the PS3, I just don't prefer it over the 360. So you enjoy your PS3, and I'll enjoy my 360/Wii/PS2. :cool:[/QUOTE]

All fun in a days work. Luv U CAG brotha!

Surprised to see marvel vs capcom 2 on sale.
I have been waiting on super street fighter 2 hd remix to go onsale forever, so this news is most welcome.

Think I might have to pick up all those games. I bought em all when I was using my bro's ps3, but he moved out and took it with him, and he doesn't want to share logins. Hopefully with this sale there will be people online to play puzzle fighter against.

[quote name='food4me3389']What time will the ps store update??
I'm dying to download marvel vs capcom 2!!!!!![/QUOTE]

That's a big +1, good sir.

I'm starting to get impatient.... :wall:

bread's done
Back