Buy 2 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits, Get 1 Free at Amazon

kayatai

CAGiversary!
Looks like the same deal as last month, I didn't see it posted this time around.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...VPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=righ&tag=cheapassgam08-20

"For a limited time you can take advantage of this 3-for-2 promotion and pick up some of the great titles that have graced the Xbox 360 over the years. When you purchase 2 Platinum Hit titles from the list below, you'll get a 3rd free. Offer limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion is valid between March 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM PST and March 27, 2010 11:59 PM PST. Offer good while supplies last.

To qualify for the free Platinum Hits game, add three Xbox 360 games from the list below to your cart, and make your purchase. The Xbox 360 game with the lowest list price will be deducted from your total order. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks op. I was going to grab ME1 next week anyways when my $15 JC2 credit comes in, maybe I'll find another game to get.

When does it show the promo price? after you place the order? When I pick three from the list it shows me full price and asks me to place the order so I'm a bit hesitant.

[quote name='xx DirtDog xx']When does it show the promo price? after you place the order? When I pick three from the list it shows me full price and asks me to place the order so I'm a bit hesitant.[/QUOTE]

Works fine for me... use the little check mark boxes in the link, click add to cart, proceed to checkout and at the final order review screen before you place the order it shows the discount.

[quote name='Niwen Starfire']Works fine for me... use the little check mark boxes in the link, click add to cart, proceed to checkout and at the final order review screen before you place the order it shows the discount.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see what I did...had GRAW2 picked and it wasn't sold through Amazon. When I changed up the games it worked fine. Thanks.

Thanks OP 2! In for Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, and GoW.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The prices are to high to make this much of a deal IMO. I seen these all brand new way cheaper shipped then these.[/QUOTE]

you can get used ones for cheap

thanks op

good deal. i always buy xbox new, i can never install used onto my hard drive.
got GOW2, Fable 2, Halo 3

plus the 4 ps3 games i got during b1g1 at GS.....

my backlog continues to grow. i have a serious problem.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']The prices are to high to make this much of a deal IMO. I seen these all brand new way cheaper shipped then these.[/QUOTE]

Posts like these annoy me more than anything on these boards, I think. If what you say is true, where did you see them? Crapping on the deal and providing no way for CAGs to get a better price on these games is utter pointless.

I'm thinking Gears 2, Ghost Recon 2, and Mass Effect, but Gears 2 is still so damn expensive; why couldn't it be 21.99 or something

Those prices are pretty common for those games new. It's not like the recent Target B2G1 platinum sale where they jacked up ME1 to $40. And since you get one free the overall deal is better than saving a little on just one game (if you are interested in 3 of these games).

If Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 was on there for $20 instead of the original I'd bite. Was planning on getting Fable 2 GOTY anyway and Viva Pinata for free would be nice.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Posts like these annoy me more than anything on these boards, I think. If what you say is true, where did you see them? Crapping on the deal and providing no way for CAGs to get a better price on these games is utter pointless.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, these whole "this isn't a deal" or "where's the deal" posts are really annoying.

Gah, I never get to take advantage of these sales it seems like. Half the time the game list either doesn't have what I want, or I've just bought the games that are now on sale =(

On a side note, isnt Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection a PH now? I didn't see it on the list. I still need to pick that up.

[quote name='luminaria']On a side note, isnt Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection a PH now? I didn't see it on the list. I still need to pick that up.[/QUOTE]
Yes it is. This deal doesn't include all PH games, just the PH games Amazon chose. I wish they would include other PH games such as Banjo Kazooie N&B and DOA4.

Full PH list is here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/platinumhits/

Thanks to B1G1 free and the Kmart deal I picked up several of these games. I think I'll bite on Bad Company, Force Unleashed, and Dead Rising.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Posts like these annoy me more than anything on these boards, I think. If what you say is true, where did you see them? Crapping on the deal and providing no way for CAGs to get a better price on these games is utter pointless.[/QUOTE]

Well said, BDB44.:applause:

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm thinking Gears 2, Ghost Recon 2, and Mass Effect, but Gears 2 is still so damn expensive; why couldn't it be 21.99 or something[/QUOTE]

It's the GOTY edition, with all the DLC and map packs...

Considering Resistance 2 for PS3 is still $60, I wouldn't called GoW2 GOTY expensive.

Indeed. It is the GOTY version. Damn good deal. As I mentioned earlier, last time I got Fable 2 (with the DLC), GoW2 (with the DLC), and Bad Company (nothing special in the package, but there is free DLC available on the XBL MP) for $56. Pretty damn good.

i tried ordering dead rising, soul caliber 4, and ninja gaiden 2 but it wouldn't take one of the free games off.

i noticed soul caliber and ninja gaiden were sold by third party but fulfillment by amazon, so i tried to change to amazon as seller, but amazon isn't selling those titles. i emailed amazon, and a rep guy told me the same thing i told him (sellers are not amazon).

why are these games on the list in the first place then? now i noticed they added oblivion goty edition to the list but it is also a 3rd party merchant. what gives?

[quote name='frpilot']i tried ordering dead rising, soul caliber 4, and ninja gaiden 2 but it wouldn't take one of the free games off.

i noticed soul caliber and ninja gaiden were sold by third party but fulfillment by amazon, so i tried to change to amazon as seller, but amazon isn't selling those titles. i emailed amazon, and a rep guy told me the same thing i told him (sellers are not amazon).

why are these games on the list in the first place then? now i noticed they added oblivion goty edition to the list but it is also a 3rd party merchant. what gives?[/QUOTE]

Are you adding the games individually from their pages, or are you adding them using the checkboxes provided in the link in the OP?

Niwen Starfire outlined the process: "Works fine for me... use the little check mark boxes in the link, click add to cart, proceed to checkout and at the final order review screen before you place the order it shows the discount. "

I do not believe the discount appears initially in the cart, only when you start to check out. (ie where you can select shipping method).

thanks for the reply.

i tried adding the games from the list the OP posted and through the amazon's own b2g1 link. doesn't work on soul caliber and ninja gaiden it seems and whatever games are sold by third party and not amazon directly.

i made 2 orders last night and got 6 games (2 free) and those worked since they were being sold by amazon. wondering if anyone tried buying ninja gaiden or soul caliber and it didn't work?

[quote name='frpilot']i tried ordering dead rising, soul caliber 4, and ninja gaiden 2 but it wouldn't take one of the free games off.

why are these games on the list in the first place then? now i noticed they added oblivion goty edition to the list but it is also a 3rd party merchant. what gives?[/QUOTE]
Ninja Gaiden 2 is being sold by someone else, not amazon. That is why its not going through. I fucked around forever yesterday trying to get it to work with NG2 then noticed it wasnt sold by amazon.

Interested in Halo Wars and Fable 2 since you get all the DLC in the PH versions. Not sure I see another at the $30 price point though. Gears 2 is a no brainer if I didn't already have all the DLC. I'll have to think this one over.

Completely agree. Plus, check my sig. :)

The only one of those games I don't have and want is ME. But I don't need 3 copies of ME!

shit, i have too many games.

He's just making a comment (that others might find useful), not crapping on it. I don't remember where, but I know I've also seen some of these games at lower prices in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
These actually ARE platinum hits, right? Like, they don't ship out their regular edition stock before shipping the PH? I'd like to pick up Halo 3 and RE5 if that's the case (I collect those series and need the PH versions)

[quote name='Unrealevil']He's just making a comment (that others might find useful), not crapping on it. I don't remember where, but I know I've also seen some of these games at lower prices in the past. You can use the CAG game pages to see that. Just as an example, look up Halo Wars or Fable II. Even on Amazon as the regular edition (instead of Platinum Hits), they're $20. But as Platinum Hits for this deal... $30.[/QUOTE]

That's because the PH versions come with all the DLC codes. So for Halo Wars you'd be saving at least $10. Not to mention the benefit of getting a free game.

[quote name='LANTERN OF ASH']That's because the PH versions come with all the DLC codes. So for Halo Wars you'd be saving at least $10. Not to mention the benefit of getting a free game.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I wasn't aware of that. Okay, bad example.

Would of grabbed ME, Soul Calibur 4, and LFD1 (already have it, would have given it to my brother for coop), but as many have said SC4 doesn't apply for the discount since it isn't sold by Amazon. Ended up just getting ME by itself with $20 amazon credit I had.

bread's done
Back