God of War III: Ultimate Edition $79.99 @ GS B&M

DarkRider23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Just bought one at my local store. It's now $79.99 in-store. All of you lucky ones who bought it full price should return/rebuy. And for those of you looking for one, maybe you'll get lucky and find one =).

I assume this is an extreme ymmv, as I've checked a few stores around Glen Burnie, MD for one, mostly resulting in me getting laughed at.

I'm telling ya, this is going to be one of those horrible situations where some guy posts he just bought 3 for 50$ each at Best Buy and someone else drove an hour to pay full price at TRU in the middle of nowhere.

GOW 3 UE is just rare enough to where distribution issues will allow people to make money on ebay.

Ugh...I have a bunch of GS credit.
I'm not even that into God of War.
But I love LEs....
Decisions, decisions.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Hmm. Did the guy on slickdeals who claimed he got this in Philly copy your post word for word, or did you copy his?[/QUOTE]

probably the same guy =/ I'm playing SD as well.

[quote name='SDC']Ugh...I have a bunch of GS credit.
I'm not even that into God of War.
But I love LEs....
Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

buy it and resell it. GS credit sux imho..

[quote name='Fatbot3']I'm telling ya, this is going to be one of those horrible situations where some guy posts he just bought 3 for 50$ each at Best Buy and someone else drove an hour to pay full price at TRU in the middle of nowhere.

GOW 3 UE is just rare enough to where distribution issues will allow people to make money on ebay.[/QUOTE]

you know.. amazon could be a better money source than ebay. On the initial date, amazon marketplace sold faster and hotter than ebay did. average price was about 170 plus 3.99 shipping.

[quote name='plong']When amazon matches this price, wake me up.[/QUOTE]

If Amazon matches this price, it probably indicates that it'll be as rare as the legendary edition of Halo 3.

You'll probably want to sleep even longer and wait till Amazon actually has it in stock. Then again, their inventory workers might be scrambling for extra copies right now to match this price. Who knows?

Looks like you will be in a coma till you rot then...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Hmm. Did the guy on slickdeals who claimed he got this in Philly copy your post word for word, or did you copy his?[/QUOTE]

He copied me, then. I don't even go to slick deals. CAG is the only "deal" site I use.

As for being "super duper rare," it is sort of. There are some stores around here with it in stock, but not al of them have it.

[quote name='DarkRider23']He copied me, then. I don't even go to slick deals. CAG is the only "deal" site I use.
[/QUOTE]

Figures.

It's near a near word for word post of what you have in the OP, posted over there.

Huh... I guess I'll check my local Gamestop to see if they have it in stock and return the copy I bought from Best Buy. $20 saved is $20.

Seems some people didn't pick up their pre-orders so all those are being released back to the general public to buy. The Ultimate edition does not show up on the site. Call up your local Gamestop and ask them to check their store and the computer. I just called and a local GS has 3 of them. Had them hold one back.

Happy hunting to the rest of you!

[quote name='ryheeles']I assume this is an extreme ymmv, as I've checked a few stores around Glen Burnie, MD for one, mostly resulting in me getting laughed at.[/QUOTE]

Glen Burnie resident here too. Small world!

Huh...I saw one at one of my local Gamestop recently. I don't really need another copy but it might still be there. This was in Leominster, MA (45 minutes west of Boston).

yup, saw one tonight, guess they didn't change the sticker b/c it said $99.99. If i saw $79.99 I would have silently cursed myself for paying $10 more..

In the DFW area and the few I checked the day after said everyone picked up their UE's. Though, there are MANY stores in the DFW area...

Picked one up today after trading in NSMB and Final Fantasy XIII. With edge and power trade bonus came out to $4.XX. Mine was tagged $79.99, I was lucky because the person who reserved it never paid in full.

[quote name='prateeko']Dammit, I can't find the page (which has the stock checker)[/QUOTE]

Me too. Dammit. Is there a cache page somewhere? I want to PM this from bestbuy last week.

The page is gone. It was up for a while, but not anymore. I really don't understand why GS takes these pages down. It's just stupid IMO. Why not let your customers see where the items are?

Dammit. I'm basically got no way to PM this then. I'll have to go do some sweet talking at my local BB then. Have them call them.

Does anybody know if the game is sealed by itself in the LE packaging, or is it already opened (i.e only the package is sealed, nothing else)?

So i would be able to score an LE, and then return the sealed game back to the store I got the regular edition from a few weeks ago.

Picked one up tonight at EB Games for $79.99. Worker said he thinks his store was the only one in the district that still had them. Take that as you will.

[quote name='Estebon']I only try hard when I'm with your mom. She's a hard woman to please.[/QUOTE]
Well, I couldn't add it to the cart too.
YMMV?

[quote name='animalspinners']Does anybody know if the game is sealed by itself in the LE packaging, or is it already opened (i.e only the package is sealed, nothing else)?

So i would be able to score an LE, and then return the sealed game back to the store I got the regular edition from a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

The game is sealed inside the box, but the DLC voucher inside is sealed with the game >

[quote name='ryheeles']I assume this is an extreme ymmv, as I've checked a few stores around Glen Burnie, MD for one, mostly resulting in me getting laughed at.[/QUOTE]

Nope, this is national. I checked my Gamestops and it's the same case. All at $80. I have no idea why.

I was going to post this. It is national so if you can find one it's a great deal. The Gamestop in Gastonia NC had two from preorders that were cancelled. I bought one at $79.99. They still have one. I am going to return the one I bought from Amazon. It is definitely worth the extra $20.

[quote name='animalspinners']Does anybody know if the game is sealed by itself in the LE packaging, or is it already opened (i.e only the package is sealed, nothing else)?

So i would be able to score an LE, and then return the sealed game back to the store I got the regular edition from a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Cant do this, because the Sealed game inside the UE does not have a Barcode, it is replaced by "Not for resell" I know this as this is how my game from the UE is, as well and my brothers. so no go on that.

Yeah, don't trust their online tracker. I checked online before the page went away and it said no store around me has it. But sure enough, the GS closest to my work has two. Scored one for $79.99, left the other one for someone else.

Nice I just called my local Gamestop (I have about 4 in a 5 mile radius) and 2 stores said they have a couple available in a reduced price. I'll try flipping them. *grin*

bread's done
Back