Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
iconamazon.gif
Amazon
Consoles* Amazon did not take preorders, see note.
Games

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
Consoles Both models sold out online & in store
Games

icongs_r1.gif
Gamestop
Games

icontoysrus_r1.gif
Toys R Us
Games

icontarget.gif
Target
Games

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Walmart
Consoles
Wii U Bundle Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Wii U Deluxe Sold out online & in store
Wii U Basic Sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken
Games

Sears
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in store pre-orders were not taken

kmart.gif
Kmart
Consoles/Games Deluxe model sold out online, in-store pre-orders were not taken

newegg.gif
Newegg
Deluxe Bundle Bundled with New Super Mario Bros U, Black Ops 2, and Zombi U-Out of Stock
Games

iconplayasia.gif
Play-Asia
Consoles/Games Reservation List Only for NTSC Basic & Deluxe models

Fry's Electronics
Consoles Both models sold out online
Games

Staples
Games

J&R
Consoles Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location.
Games

Nebraska Furniture Mart
Accessories
Games

:hot:Nintendo World Store
Consoles: Both models are no longer available for pre-order at the physical location in NYC.

Notes:

• Newegg, as of now (Friday before launch) is selling the deluxe console as a bundle only. It is listed for immediate shipping, not as a pre-order.

• *Amazon email sent out to those who signed up for Wii U pre-order notification:
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.
Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change. We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out. Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.
System Information

YWbCj.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm GameStop IS taking pre-orders. I just pre-ordered the Deluxe version at my store.

Some things to note:

It is not actually called "Wii U" in the store computer yet. The manager at my store said the system hasn't been updated and it's right now listed as "available SKU". Both versions are called this, but have different SKUs.

The $350 deluxe model's SKU is 020358. The $300 basic model's SKU is 020359. A $50 deposit is required.

He said the computer will probably re-name them to WiiU by tomorrow but because it was a "hush hush" situation that they were opening preorders today, they haven't been changed yet. He also told me he wasn't sure how many pre orders they'd be taking.

Online:
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/nintendo-wii-u-32gb-deluxe-set/104794 Deluxe
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/consoles/nintendo-wii-u-8gb-basic-set/104795 Basic

After the disappointment of the Wii, and Nintendo in general, I think I will wait and see what kind of game support The WiiU gets.

I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.

[quote name='morrodox']After the disappointment of the Wii, and Nintendo in general, I think I will wait and see what kind of game support The WiiU gets.[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat as you. But with NSMBU, ZombiU, Pikmin 3, and Smash Bros...I'm sold :D

Just pre-ordered mine from my closest GameStop as well. Deluxe with NSMBU. My pre-order is actually listed as "Neo Geo X Gold System". :booty:

[quote name='morrodox']After the disappointment of the Wii, and Nintendo in general, I think I will wait and see what kind of game support The WiiU gets.[/QUOTE]

I agree and my 3DS is covering for my Mario and Zelda craves. 300 is way to much unless it plays 3D blu-rays or blu-rays in general.

[quote name='shopsmarts']I have zero interest in this Wii U. It's a system for suckers at 300 and 350. Buy a real system instead: PS3 or 360.[/QUOTE]

watchoutwegotabadassover.png

[quote name='WyldRyce']Just pre-ordered mine from my closest GameStop as well. Deluxe with NSMBU. My pre-order is actually listed as "Neo Geo X Gold System". :booty:[/QUOTE]

So the Deluxe comes with NSMBU?

[quote name='Tdog987']So the Deluxe comes with NSMBU?[/QUOTE]

Comes with Nintendo Land. I meant I pre-ordered the Deluxe Wii-U along with NSMBU to go with it.

I will say I am pretty surprised at the HD sizes. So much for installing my games, digital releases, and having music and video on my WiiU. At least there is Bayonetta 2?

[quote name='wohomerhoo']Can't wait for Amazon to open preorders[/QUOTE]

I heard Amazon doesn't directly sell Nintendo consoles anymore.

I think i might wait a bit to pre-order.......I seriously doubt they will sell out of a console pre-order. Cash too tight, and still not 100% sold on the launch titles

[quote name='dgwillia006']I think i might wait a bit to pre-order.......I seriously doubt they will sell out of a console pre-order. Cash too tight, and still not 100% sold on the launch titles[/QUOTE]

Just reserve it now in case. If you change your mind later, cancel it.

[quote name='WyldRyce']Just pre-ordered mine from my closest GameStop as well. Deluxe with NSMBU. My pre-order is actually listed as "Neo Geo X Gold System". :booty:[/QUOTE]

You sure you actually got the WiiU? I'd go back tomorrow and double check b/c there is a portable Neo Geo coming out and I wonder if the rep put you down for the wrong item.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I heard Amazon doesn't directly sell Nintendo consoles anymore.[/QUOTE]

That will not be good for me. I have nearly $200 in credit.

[quote name='Auburn']Just reserve it now in case. If you change your mind later, cancel it.[/QUOTE]

I would, but I'd prefer to be able to get Borderlands 2 and DoA5 CE.

Unless i end up just trading in my Wii for it now (Since i dont even play the thing)

So the deluxe version in Japan converts to $405. The extra controller converts to $170. I would assume a new Gamepad will cost $129-$159 here....that is STEEP.

Gamestop only gives like $20 bucks for a entire Wii system...sad but true. Then games aren't even worth trading in because it's $0.25-10.00 bucks a game. If you gonna sell it, just put it on Craigslist.

Here's some GAMESTOP WiiU PRE-ORDER INFO (in-store only for now):

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order (http://www.gamestop.com/tradeins#wiiutradeup)
--- $50 credit for old Wii system
--- $115 credit for phat PS3 and slim Xbox 360
--- $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system, PSVita, or original Xbox 360
--- ADDITIONAL $10 BONUS for PUR members
--- Expires 9/23/12

- NintendoLand game only is still $100 in the computer, so buying the Premium $350 bundle is a steal! :)

[quote name='rnocerino']What is the mininum requirement to put down on the WiiU systems when you preorder at Gamestop? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

$25 - $50 in-store. $0 online.

Why on earth would anyone in there right mind trade-in a PS3 or 360 for a Wii U? People that need to save a few inches of space? Everyone should buy a VITA instead of this garbage.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']Just got off the phone with a GS rep. Here's some GAMESTOP WiiU PRE-ORDER INFO (in-store only for now):

- $25 down for PUR members; $50 for non-members
- There will be old hardware system promotion for trade-in towards a WiiU pre-order
--- $50 for old Wii system
--- $115 for phat PS3, $140 for slim PS3 system
--- $90 for 3DS system
--- forgot to ask about 360, sorry

- NintendoLand game only is still $100 in the computer, so buying the Premium $350 bundle is a steal! :)[/QUOTE]

Only 25$? Well thats good, maybe i can afford it after all. But is it 25$ for both? Or just the cheaper bundle

Does it say how much an extra gamepad is going for? Just curious.

I'll be taking a wait & see approach with this system. I've owned every Nintendo system since the SNES, but the thick layer of dust on my Wii has me thinking I'm better off waiting for a PS4/Xbox 720 or finally getting the gaming/HTPC I've been dreaming of.

[quote name='jkam']Why on earth would anyone in there right mind trade-in a PS3 or 360 for a Wii U? People that need to save a few inches of space?[/QUOTE]

That's what she said!:lol:

[quote name='Drclaw411']I heard Amazon doesn't directly sell Nintendo consoles anymore.[/QUOTE]

Amazon.de is taking preorders on the Wii U.

[quote name='jkam']Why on earth would anyone in there right mind trade-in a PS3 or 360 for a Wii U? People that need to save a few inches of space? Everyone should buy a VITA instead of this garbage.[/QUOTE]
Or people should buy what they want? Why must people feel the need to push their fanboy crap every chance they get?

I'll be taking a pass on this until we get some pre-order promotions. Otherwise I'll just wait until the game line-up is better.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You sure you actually got the WiiU? I'd go back tomorrow and double check b/c there is a portable Neo Geo coming out and I wonder if the rep put you down for the wrong item.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I just called them and they just switched it out in their computers, so I'm good to go.

Wondering if the Black one is like a limited edition or something. I heard it comes with some Premium Loyalty Program that gives you 10% back when you buy downloads?

Thats the only way i could see myself going for it, otherwise, I can just wait till Monster Hunter 3 in March. (Or a good promo)

[quote name='Woocls']Or people should buy what they want? Why must people feel the need to push their fanboy crap every chance they get?

I'll be taking a pass on this until we get some pre-order promotions. Otherwise I'll just wait until the game line-up is better.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fanboy, I'm a longtime Nintendo fan that has reached his breaking point with them. Sorry for the intrusion, Carry on.

Both preorders are $25 for PUR members. Gamestop employee said they are getting VERY few systems (after I had already committed to buy). Take that with a grain of salt. Kinda confirms the reports of delays in production.

[quote name='predseth']Both preorders are $25 for PUR members. Gamestop employee said they are getting VERY few systems (after I had already committed to buy). Take that with a grain of salt. Kinda confirms the reports of delays in production.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...he didnt tell me anything about this and when he scanned my card it stayed at $50. I hope i'm preordered for the right item. To the rest of you who pre-ordered, does it say "wii u" on your receipt?

I highly doubt there will be any reason to have a second gamepad controller. They are too expensive such that almost nobody will get a second one, and that means that game developers are not going to have any incentive to put any effort into developing for that feature. There will probably be a handful of early games that support it, and then even Nintendo will abandon it. Which is fine, because those things are expensive. Multiplayer will come from wii remotes/nunchucks, pro controller, etc, combined with one gamepad in some cases.

I want to get a WiiU, but the low end model looks like a mistake, and the high end is more expensive than I was hoping. I think I'm going to have to wait for a price drop. :(

[quote name='kramer0731']The SAVER code isn't working for me - it applies, but I don't get a free shipping option. Anyone else having this issue?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work for me either. I believe it has never worked for preorders.

Trading in a Wii for $60 toward a WiiU makes sense. I know I would do that. No point in keeping the Wii around. But I'd want to transfer our download games first. We don't have a lot of them, but I'd still want them. That might make a WiiU more feasible, though. Saves me about $40 bucks (taking into that I'd have to pay tax on the console). So I guess I'd have to wait for release and not pre-order. Also not sure how that would work. Will they let me buy the console, take it home and transfer, then come back with the Wii and get $60 back?

[quote name='Auburn']Just reserve it now in case. If you change your mind later, cancel it.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea. I thought about doing that... but I don't think I'm going to change my mind on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back