- - - - -

The Wii U Pre-Order Thread - $349.99/$299.99 - 11/18/12

#5401 sharpeone   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1894 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:33 AM

Did you actually pre-order in the store? I just called up mine and they said they are doing first come first serve.

I need to do the red card as well now that you mention it. Although I think you need a blank check... which I do not have.

Yes, I bought a reservation card in Target. I was told they would hold these for up to 7 days, but I plan on being there when they open.

Check my trade list at: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.

#5402 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

AS a Walmart employee i believe they should get a discount. Thanks for serving our country.

I'm not sure if it was regional, but the Walmarts outside Ft Hood, TX used to give a military discount back in the day ('89, '90 timeframe) May have been the proximity to the base and/or the first Gulf. I do remember we all got out of taking HS mid-terms because of the the war.

I'm a disabled veteran. Been separated since '05. I almost always forget to ask about a military discount whenever I shop. When I was active it was the first thing out of my mouth (after Hello) when I hit register.

It's funny to see all these folks buying/playing these military based video games like COD:BLOPS2 who would never have enough balls to even join the military.

#5403 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

WTF are you talking about? No one forced them into that position. It was all part of the job description they signed onto at their own will. Why not give more to people with shit jobs by your logic? What about janitors and the accident scene crew that clean up your shit? Instead of mouthing off, why don't you write or do something to secure all of those benefits? Oh right, I forgot, it was much easier for you to ramble on the internets.

I have relatives serving in the Navy and Marines but they don't go prancing around being above everyone else. Did they their job and occasionally received appreciations gifts and thanks but they didn't abuse and flaunt it. Serving does not excuse you from humility and being humble like an ordinary citizen.

beautifully said. look i am glad we have volunteering armed service people willing to serve in the army. that being said we dont need to create a special class of people with special perks. give the military proper compensation? hell yes. create a life long series of special perks and benefits? God no. not every military guy serves in a war, not every one of them is some amazing self less person, and like any job pick 100 people and hire them and half of them will just flat out suck the army is no different. so no not every solider is created equal.

so i really think people need to get their heads out of the sand and realize not every solider is created equal and they dont deserve some life long special set of perks. proper compensation yes but if they come home in one piece let that be the end of it. take a page out of george washington. he lead the army to victory then quietly disappeared back home till we needed him again then after 2 terms as president(voluntarily leaving office something our modern politicians should consider) once again just slipped off into the sunset to live at home not demanding life long benefits, respect or even a freakin holiday....now that was a humble solider that served his country for the right reasons.

be forever thankful for their service? most certainly. be glad? hell yes. suck up and worship the ground they walk on? no not in a 1000 years.

Posted Image

Also, this guy is pissed that gamestop wouldn't let him pre-order a wii u because it was sold out.

just wow at that video lol

I'd pay more in taxes if I felt like it was going to the right place (i.e. veterans) but we all know that isn't the case.

America already has some of the highest tax rates around....

#5404 masked lemon   is high as a kite. CAGiversary!   1307 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

masked lemon

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

Would this hard drive work with the Wii U?

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822332350
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5405 Gareee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   377 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

That looks like it would to me... and that would be plenty of storage, I'd think. I was going to buy a 1 tb drive, but I didn't realise there were smaller drives like this available so cheap.

#5406 Japakneez   You are big foo CAGiversary!   2268 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? Fuck that.

When I worked at EA we had police and fireman come in to our EA store all the time. They bought so much games that we had to implement purchase limits to control things :lol:

My bank is not overdrawn.. for one, I use a different account for gaming, and second, there was enough money in the account to cover several WiiUs..

A separate account for gaming....BALLER STATUS

#5407 gkrykewy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1244 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

America already has some of the highest tax rates around....

No:
http://en.wikipedia...._By_Country.svg

And man this thread has gone to shit.

#5408 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:36 AM

No:

And man this thread has gone to shit.

The trolls already have enough bait. We should stop feeding them. Hopefully they'll starve.

#5409 jedi0077   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

One less thing to worry about?

"You are correct sir, YES"! Add also some of our wives know where we keep our money. lol

#5410 royalbliss1   Black Rock City CAGiversary!   364 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

royalbliss1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Just got back from my local TRU. I asked if they were going to have any extra Wiiu's available besides the pre-ordered systems? My nephew wants one for Christmas. The manager who I know fairly well told me they still haven't recieved their shipment yet. But according to the numbers he is suppose to get, my TRU over sold the pre-orders by 37. The manager said they were going to get 6 Basic and 12 Deluxe. Looks like I will be there Sunday morning at 6am to make sure I get one.

Posted Image

#5411 jedi0077   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

As a non-military guy, they can feel free to "abuse" any privileges all they want. They're the ones who've left friends and family to risk life and limb in some godforsaken desert hellhole, not me.

And knocking military members for petty isht two days removed from veterans day? Fuck that.

What he said.

#5412 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Posted Image
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5413 mustbepbs   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

mustbepbs

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:51 AM

Just got back from my local TRU. I asked if they were going to have any extra Wiiu's available besides the pre-ordered systems? My nephew wants one for Christmas. The manager who I know fairly well told me they still haven't recieved their shipment yet. But according to the numbers he is suppose to get, my TRU over sold the pre-orders by 37. The manager said they were going to get 6 Basic and 12 Deluxe. Looks like I will be there Sunday morning at 6am to make sure I get one.

Ouch.. 37? Why did they sell so many?

#5414 jedi0077   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   992 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

"I got cash."

Can't say I feel bad for those who didn't get in early. Snooze and you lose.

I felt myself getting dumber watching this moron. Have some respect for yourself man.

#5415 vtswordfish   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   298 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

vtswordfish

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

I like turtles.

#5416 Edzo04   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   370 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I'm not sure if it was regional, but the Walmarts outside Ft Hood, TX used to give a military discount back in the day ('89, '90 timeframe) May have been the proximity to the base and/or the first Gulf. I do remember we all got out of taking HS mid-terms because of the the war.

I'm a disabled veteran. Been separated since '05. I almost always forget to ask about a military discount whenever I shop. When I was active it was the first thing out of my mouth (after Hello) when I hit register.

It's funny to see all these folks buying/playing these military based video games like COD:BLOPS2 who would never have enough balls to even join the military.

so if people buy military games but dont join the military they are pussies? that doesnt sound right

#5417 mitemouse   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   609 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

FYI, to cags buying from target.. if you are opening a brand new debit account the day of purchase for the 5% discount, the card service may limit your purchase amount.. so you might be able to get one console but not 2.. Also the 5% is only on the amount paid by the debit card so you can't pay half cash and debit card and get full %5 discount..

#5418 MRW2276   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

37 in a row?

#5419 saysomething   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

saysomething

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

Just came back from Bestbuy and they have already some games out to sell, Scribblenauts, Sing Party, Just Dance4, Assassins Creed III and Batman...

Got Batman and since I preordered alredy on Newegg with 12 dlls off, I will be taking it back to Bestbuy that one.

It has no manual but two pages saying the warnings ans stuff and that the manual will come within the gamepad.

#5420 Ag_SurfR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   765 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Ag_SurfR

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

You shouldn't do something just because of what you expect to get in return. No one forced you to join the military

I have nothing negative to say about those brave enough to fight for our politicians but don't act like you didn't go there by choice

EDIT: This thread is officially in the gutter

testify. people act like military members are conscripted or something, or like they don't get paid. give me an f'n break.

Auen1.png?7125

#5421 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   553 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Incredibly, Target still had 3 white preorder cards on the shelf hooks!! I talked to the guy working in Electronics and he assured me that they would pull the same number of systems as the number of preorders showing sold in their store. Apparently the cards were activated when they were scanned so they would not hold the 3 systems that are tied to the unsold cards. It looks like the Target system I have on hold will go to my oldest daughter now as she has several friends that are offering to buy it off of her for a premium. I raised her well.....

#5422 Ag_SurfR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   765 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Ag_SurfR

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Just came back from Bestbuy and they have already some games out to sell, Scribblenauts, Sing Party, Just Dance4, Assassins Creed III and Batman...

Got Batman and since I preordered alredy on Newegg with 12 dlls off, I will be taking it back to Bestbuy that one.

It has no manual but two pages saying the warnings ans stuff and that the manual will come within the gamepad.

i was thinking about doing that with my copy of nsmbu, but i wasn't sure if there was any different packaging on a copy from a retail store compared with one i'd get from newegg.

Auen1.png?7125

#5423 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9jK-NcRmVcw
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#5424 therealdanhill   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1036 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

therealdanhill

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:33 AM

In a thread this big, like any discussion really, things are going to ebb and flow, get a little off topic here and there. Is somebody going to crawl through almost 300 pages to find whatever information they are looking for? Probably not. So at this point, as the thread is so large, I don't see much harm in it, personally.

People don't even have to read the thread, they can search it if they want to find certain info. I don't see a little banter or spirited discussion being incredibly harmful. It can even be a good way to get a better insight into the "human" side of fellow CAGs, learn something new about someone, the way they view the world or whatever. Maybe you'll find someone you think is a butthead, and be able to put them on ignore, saving you trouble of reading their posts in the future.

Hey, just my two cents anyways. I'll be back tomorrow to let everyone know if my KMart preorder is charged as they said it would be.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#5425 GizmoGC   I love Cheese CAGiversary!   12137 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

That can't be right. So many people are saying this will be easy to get come launch day.

#5426 advanced   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

That can't be right. So many people are saying this will be easy to get come launch day.

I know, right? :roll: This console will be hard to get a hold of. People who believe otherwise are lying to themselves or smoking something they should share with the rest of us. 8-)

#5427 Josh5890   For AC New Leaf 3DS- 3110-4025-7228 CAGiversary!   2994 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

I could've seen this thread go in 50 different directions but wow, I didn't see this coming. I'm afraid to see this thread on sunday.

I need a new signature.

#5428 Ag_SurfR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   765 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Ag_SurfR

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

this blows. with my pre-order being at gamestop, i'll have to wait an extra 12 hours, unlike the people getting theirs at midnight. maybe gs will come through and release them early (like saturday night).

Auen1.png?7125

#5429 gordojones88   Sith Lord Darth CAG CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

gordojones88

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Whatever that thing is, it's not the typical USB external hard drive.
It may very well not be compatible at all.
I think it may require some disk not even included.
I would recommend a portable 2.5" USB external hard drive.
Black Friday is the best day of the year to get one on sale.

blackfriday.bestbuy.com/toshiba+500gb+external+hard+drive

Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#5430 iflabs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   357 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Ahahahaha. Didn't expect anything less from Toysrus.