Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShockandAww']Use code GD10 for 10% off

Any other codes?[/QUOTE]

15NEW for 15% off instead.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Use code GD10 for 10% off

Any other codes?[/QUOTE]

yeah 15NEW for 15% off

makes the price base price $33.99

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Nice, now all I need is Amazon to follow suit and I'll get it.[/QUOTE]

They probably will shortly if it's just a normal price drop but this should still come out a little cheaper using the 15% off code if you dont have any Amazon credit.

knew it... now the wait for the used price to drop, then grab Darksiders, Tekken 6 and Borderlands for 70ish with codes, thnx op

edit: if you have other things to order ($100+), borderlands is $29.99 with the 25off code.

Thanks! I've been waiting for a price drop for ages! I jumped on this fast.
Didn't bother to wait for an Amazon drop with the 15% off code (and since my Prime ran out) - Gamestop was the way to go.

Sort of on topic:

Isn't the expansion disc out tomorrow? Pretty good time for a price drop. I'll have to use that 15NEW code for it today (thanks for that).

it says its not available online, at least for the 360 version. Is this happening to anyone else?

[quote name='JJBro1']so wait, is this a permanent price drop? What code are you guys talking about?[/QUOTE]

Look at the third post...

Not worth the $40. Wait for an edition that comes with the DLC. It's a great game, but it's definitely worth waiting for a better version.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Look at the third post...

Not worth the $40. Wait for an edition that comes with the DLC. It's a great game, but it's definitely worth waiting for a better version.[/QUOTE]

Do you think the first expansion, due out tomorrow, will be an install or will it play from the disc? I was hoping to buy it and rotate it through my group of friends but I'm thinking companies have grown wise to stunts like these.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Look at the third post...

Not worth the $40. Wait for an edition that comes with the DLC. It's a great game, but it's definitely worth waiting for a better version.[/QUOTE]
Only then we'll have to wait even longer for a $60 edition to come out, assuming it even does come out.

Same thing happened with Fallout 3 where when it finally dropped in price, a newer edition came out and was slapped with a $60 price tag.

[quote name='JJBro1']it says its not available online, at least for the 360 version. Is this happening to anyone else?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's sold out. I had it in my cart for several hours, trying to decide what to order with it to reach the $100 point and use the 25% off coupon, but it sold out. Darn the SD/CAG effect.

Hopefully it'll come back in stock later this week.

[quote name='socalcaz']When do you think they will drop the pre-owned price and what do you think this price point will be?[/QUOTE]
Sometimes they just do new price drops, but the price point for used would be 34.99.

So, the 10% off code GS automatically applies to anything I place in my cart will not allow me to add 15NEW to my order saying they cannot be stacked, but there's no way for me to remove the 10% off code in the first place.

This is fucking awesome.

[quote name='socalcaz']When do you think they will drop the pre-owned price and what do you think this price point will be?[/QUOTE]
For whatever reason, it usually takes a good while for them to drop the used price. It baffles my mind how they don't do it both at the same time, but I suppose it's for them to rake in more profits on used copies while they can.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So, the 10% off code GS automatically applies to anything I place in my cart will not allow me to add 15NEW to my order saying they cannot be stacked, but there's no way for me to remove the 10% off code in the first place.

This is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

There should be some way to remove it. Did you try entering it again then removing it? Logging out then back in? Getting rid of your cookies? One of those should do it.

[quote name='Tsukento']For whatever reason, it usually takes a good while for them to drop the used price. It baffles my mind how they don't do it both at the same time, but I suppose it's for them to rake in more profits on used copies while they can.[/QUOTE]

B&M: the used price is now $34.99

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So, the 10% off code GS automatically applies to anything I place in my cart will not allow me to add 15NEW to my order saying they cannot be stacked, but there's no way for me to remove the 10% off code in the first place.

This is fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]

Usually there is a little red X next to whatever promo is applied under the cart list, is that not there? What is the 10% code?

Very close to my $30 price point. The GOTY edition would be nice, but it'll take ages for that to drop to $30. I should discipline myself as I have a huge backlog and totally addicted to Just Cause 2 which will take me 100 hours. But my friend wants to play Borderlands co-op when it hits $30 for him as well.

[quote name='voidedx']Very close to my $30 price point. The GOTY edition would be nice, but it'll take ages for that to drop to $30. I should discipline myself as I have a huge backlog and totally addicted to Just Cause 2 which will take me 100 hours. But my friend wants to play Borderlands co-op when it hits $30 for him as well.[/QUOTE]

My stats says it all for JC2- 13hrs of game play only 7% completion

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Usually there is a little red X next to whatever promo is applied under the cart list, is that not there? What is the 10% code?[/QUOTE]

It's called AUTO10. I didn't enter the code it, it was there when I go to the cart. There is no red X there, or I would've pressed it. Apparently I have a 20% off DS/PSP promo which expired but was still on there due to cookies, and I clicked that one off. AUTO10... I can do nothing about.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']It's called AUTO10. I didn't enter the code it, it was there when I go to the cart. There is no red X there, or I would've pressed it. Apparently I have a 20% off DS/PSP promo which expired but was still on there due to cookies, and I clicked that one off. AUTO10... I can do nothing about.[/QUOTE]

I'm encountering the same problem. It seems like they force it on the Game Days Sale items so you can't get the extra 25% off on them, only the 10%. But I didn't think Borderlands was part of that sale, just a price drop, so I'm not sure why it's forcing the 10% discount on us.

Ugh, really makes me angry I didn't just order it this morning when I had the chance.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I'm encountering the same problem. It seems like they force it on the Game Days Sale items so you can't get the extra 25% off on them, only the 10%. But I didn't think Borderlands was part of that sale, just a price drop, so I'm not sure why it's forcing the 10% discount on us.

Ugh, really makes me angry I didn't just order it this morning when I had the chance.[/QUOTE]

I don't even want to stack the two promotions... I just want the 15% to overwrite the 10%. What's so hard about that :/

I caved since my friend was anxious to play this online ASAP. He grabbed a new (sealed) copy for $39.99 and I got Borderlands for $34.99 used plus tax. The used copy wasn't that bad looking. The disc was dusty but no scratches. The case was slightly worn, but the art was perfect so I could swap cases if I wanted a perfect collection.

The better option would have been a Keep It from Gamefly for $31.49 after discount, but that would have taken a week to get.

I bought it for $40 around christmas time. What I don't understand is how is this game popular? It keeps repeating missions, over, and over again, and the MP wears off quickly. I am surprised it lasted this long with out a price drop.

[quote name='Ray5555']I bought it for $40 around christmas time. What I don't understand is how is this game popular? It keeps repeating missions, over, and over again, and the MP wears off quickly. I am surprised it lasted this long with out a price drop.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if it was just me. I just rented this for a night to see if I would want to buy it with a gift card I got for Easter and I already feel the same way about after only doing about 15 missions. Haven't tried MP though.

I don't doubt a version of Borderlands will release with the DLC included, but did Borderlands actually win any GOTY awards to qualify a "GOTY Edition"?

[quote name='fizzywix']I don't doubt a version of Borderlands will release with the DLC included, but did Borderlands actually win any GOTY awards to qualify a "GOTY Edition"?[/QUOTE]
no but usually games with substantial dlc such as fallout 3,gta, and the force unleashed usually come out with a disc with all the dlc in it. Whether it be a game of the year edition, a collector's edition, or an ultimate edition.

[quote name='Punisher0587']I was wondering if it was just me. I just rented this for a night to see if I would want to buy it with a gift card I got for Easter and I already feel the same way about after only doing about 15 missions. Haven't tried MP though.[/QUOTE]
If you don't play with friends, it's not fun. And if you're playing for the storyline, it sucks.

You play to have fun with friends while shooting stuff while getting better guns. Not to mention car wrestling is also fun.

[quote name='Punisher0587']I was wondering if it was just me. I just rented this for a night to see if I would want to buy it with a gift card I got for Easter and I already feel the same way about after only doing about 15 missions. Haven't tried MP though.[/QUOTE]

All the positive reviews boiled down to one thing: if you like loot, you'll like this game (particularly multiplayer). I thought it was so popular because it combined loot with FPS, which hadn't been done before(?).

It's hard, but I'm still going to wait a little bit longer.

Rented this a while ago and enjoyed every single minute of playing it, but since I knew I wasn't going to finish it anytime soon and didn't want to hold it for too long, I decided to try and buy it since I knew I wanted it in my collection. The thing was it was still really expensive (By my standards) at the time and held it price point for a long while. I'm so tempted to bite on this, but I'll wait longer...

Plus I gameshared all the DLC with a friend of mines, so I definitely can wait for this to drop just a bit lower. :D

bread's done
Back