The Saboteur : 17.99 @ Amazon (XBOX 360 (OOS) & PS3)

GeorgeCostanza

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ardrid']Goddamn, didn't this game come out fairly recently? It's already $18?![/QUOTE]

Dec of 09. Pretty quick though. The no tax, free shipping with prime, its a no brainier for me.

What is up with the DLC? Is there some in the box? I remember hearing about some first day nudity dlc or something.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Dec of 09. Pretty quick though. The no tax, free shipping with prime, its a no brainier for me.

What is up with the DLC? Is there some in the box? I remember hearing about some first day nudity dlc or something.[/QUOTE]

When the game first came out there was a code for the midnight show which basically added topless dancers and an underground room where you could gamble some of your money away. Not sure if they still come with the game or if it was a launch only kind of thing

[quote name='mrright4you4now']When the game first came out there was a code for the midnight show which basically added topless dancers and an underground room where you could gamble some of your money away. Not sure if they still come with the game or if it was a launch only kind of thing[/QUOTE]

The gambling room was a knife-throwing wheel, good for racking up money when you want to buy stuff early on in the game when money is harder to come by.

Anyway, since someone asked, this game feels cheap and is not very good. I put some solid time into it and beyond the addictive nature of blowing up every last target (of what must be around 500) and collecting every last loot box, this game has very little to offer in terms of gameplay. All aspects of it - platforming, gunplay, 'stealth', driving etc. - are implemented and executed in a very rudimentary fashion. The climbing is Assassin's Creed Lite, with shoddy animations to boot.

Worst of all, there is no warp point option - you MUST drive everywhere (no planes or copters), which means inevitably driving through one of the myriad Nazi-run camps and getting chased, which ALSO means you must take refuge until they are done chasing you. WOOO FUN jesus I just want to do a mission!

Blowing stuff up is fairly satisfying, but really if you want to play a broken open-world game with destruction at least play Mercs 2. That game didn't do a whole lot right, but the destruction in that game is much much better than it is here in The Saboteur.

Also, it is ridiculously long for what it is. I must have played nearly 30 hours and I only made it 60% of the way through. HOW?

Worth sub-$10 if you ask me.

It's fun, but rough. The code is still in the box if the game is new(EA's 10 dollar plan), so either amazon or newegg you'd get it from them.

Kind of like assassin's creed + GTA, is the best I can think of, but none of the game mechanics are quite as smooth as they should be. Graphics are all right though the black&white areas(still under nazi control) are really gorgeous, artistically speaking. I absolutely love the music. Voice acting seems...I don't know, most of the accents seem thick, but in a fake way.

Good cheap purchase, thumbs up from me.

Not sure why but I got a delivery confirmation for the 21st Wed, and I have Prime. That's like 5 day shipping. Anyone else order this get a better delivery estimate? Maybe I can cry to Customer Service and get some credit.

i got this for ps3 used $11 with some codes, and its great. but i had a new version with code, where is this underground wheel room? im so slow at this stuff. i found the extra hiding spots i guess(shacks?) and the naked dancer intro n such... i think it's ok fun. i like taking over AA guns but it sucks to have to talk to someone get a mission and then drive way over there. oh wells thanx :)

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Not sure why but I got a delivery confirmation for the 21st Wed, and I have Prime. That's like 5 day shipping. Anyone else order this get a better delivery estimate? Maybe I can cry to Customer Service and get some credit.[/QUOTE]That sounds normal to me. You may even get it on Monday or Tuesday but their estimates don't include the weekend which is not uncommon. You've never ordered over the weekend before?

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Not sure why but I got a delivery confirmation for the 21st Wed, and I have Prime. That's like 5 day shipping. Anyone else order this get a better delivery estimate? Maybe I can cry to Customer Service and get some credit.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Amazon doesn't ship out things on Sat/Sun, so the earliest they'd get it to the shipping people (UPS here) would be Monday.

[quote name='Velo214']i got this for ps3 used $11 with some codes, and its great. but i had a new version with code, where is this underground wheel room? im so slow at this stuff. i found the extra hiding spots i guess(shacks?) and the naked dancer intro n such... i think it's ok fun. i like taking over AA guns but it sucks to have to talk to someone get a mission and then drive way over there. oh wells thanx :)[/QUOTE]

In the Belle (the club) look on the first floor for a bald guy in a red vest. If the DLC has been unlocked, he will open the wall and let you in.

Really fun game; if you enjoyed Red Faction, you'll love this game. It has a Godfather meets Red Faction style to it. My only complaint is that the campaign is like 12 hours and the side-quests are pretty weak. Other than that, though, it's a very good sandbox style game. I would probably give it a 7.5 or an 8. Well worth $20, in my opinion.

My one complaint is this. The game autosaves after missions/certain cutscenes. That's fine. There are close to 1300 optional Nazi targets on the map that need to be killed/blown up. You would think that after knocking one off, it would autosave right? No. So if you finish the game and are trying to get the targets, don't forget to save your game because you wouldn't want to spend an hour taking things out only to forget and manually save the game. The autosave function no longer happens when you complete the game's main story.

It's a fairly average game that seems a mix of assassins creed + gta. The driving is iffy and climbing is slow, but the best parts are mostly trying to blow up every target. I bought my copy at Kmart for $10 new with the 10 off 20 coupon.

Platinumed last night and it was a pain in the rear to do. Fairly easy to platinum but be prepared for a LOT of repetitive stuff.

I'm playing this right now and it's a pretty good game. It's rough around the edges (black & white areas look fantastic but color areas are bland, climbing is kinda slow and controls could be a bit tighter) and the only major issues are that sometimes you'll get stuck or the game might freeze but it's damn fun.

[quote name='Vinny']I'm playing this right now and it's a pretty good game. It's rough around the edges (black & white areas look fantastic but color areas are bland, climbing is kinda slow and controls could be a bit tighter) and the only major issues are that sometimes you'll get stuck or the game might freeze but it's damn fun.[/QUOTE]

Something I noticed that the game doesn't tell you about climbing: When you are climbing buildings, you know the next handhold because the ledge/window/edge will sort of 'light up'. And it was a pain in the ass to keep pressing a button to climb. Holding the Up arrow would have helped IMMENSELY here.

Thanks OP! Great name and love the sig! LOL!

As far as the game goes.... I thought the graphics were extremely chopping and not as fluid as most games. Maybe I've been to pampered with great, fluid games but this one really disapointed me, enough to where I played 20 minutes and turned around around and took it back (fortunately it was used from GS and I could take it back... aka, my cheap rental system. LOL!). If this game was $9.99 it would be worth it....

[quote name='Fatesealer']Something I noticed that the game doesn't tell you about climbing: When you are climbing buildings, you know the next handhold because the ledge/window/edge will sort of 'light up'. And it was a pain in the ass to keep pressing a button to climb. Holding the Up arrow would have helped IMMENSELY here.[/QUOTE]

LOL Yeah, that's one of my gameplay complaints... having to keep pressing the X button was kinda annoying. But luckily, most buildings had an exposed gutter pipe which made climbing quicker.

It's a decent deal,but I still have way to much to play through.Maybe I'll wait for summer and it may drop even more by then

[quote name='VA']What is your guys' opinion on this game? It looks very intriguing.[/QUOTE]

Saboteur is the game I'm playing through right now, and I think it's great.

Is it the most polished game ever? No. Will you hit some glitches? Probably.

It's great to play a WWII game that's different. People talk about WWII games being cliched, but this one is unlike every other game that's been set in the war.

bread's done
Back