Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - From the Ace Attorney creator! - Out Now!

Cao Cao

CAGiversary!
US Promo Trailer
Gameplay Trailer
An English trailer of Ghost Trick was released at Capcom's Captivate 2010 press event, revealing that it is set for this Winter. Ghost Trick is a puzzle game developed by the creators of the Ace Attorney (Phoenix Wright, Apollo Justice, Miles Edgeworth) series.

In this title, you play as Sissel, who starts off the game in quite a bind: He's already dead. He "wakes up" as a ghost at a junkyard, only to see a woman, Lynne, being threatened by a hitman. Sissel, despite having amnesia, quickly finds that he can possess real-world objects to distract the hitman, though when Sissel tries to enter his own (dead) body, the hitman uses this time to shoot Lynne and dispose of both corpses. Sissel finds out more about his powers from a talking desk lamp, who reveals two things: 1. He can travel back in time to 4 minutes before Lynne's death and prevent it. 2. He will cease to exist when the sun rises, meaning that he only has until morning to find out who killed him and why, and prevent any more deaths from occurring along the way.

Just like the Ace Attorney games, there's a Japanese flash demo available at Capcom's web site. It's a pretty straightforward demo, so even though it's in Japanese, it should be simple to get through.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ghosttrick/trial.html

Release Date: Winter 2010

Genre: Mystery Adventure

Platform: Nintendo DS™ and DSi™

Rating: TBD

Developer: Capcom

Ghost Trick™ Phantom Detective will be coming to Nintendo DS™ and DSi™ in Winter 2010. Brought to you by Shu Takumi, the original creator of Capcom’s Ace Attorney™ series, Ghost Trick™ Phantom Detective tells an intriguing story, depicted with rich animation, combining logic puzzles and elements of humour that those familiar with the Ace Attorney games will know and love. The story of Ghost Trick™ Phantom Detective starts with the protagonist having already been dead. Gamers will be entertained for hours with over a dozen chapters full of mystery and surprise as the spirit world collides with real life.

In Ghost Trick™ Phantom Detective, players are transported into the spirit world of Sissel, a murder victim who has lost his memory and returned as a ghost to solve the mystery of his suspicious demise. As Sissel’s ghost, it’s up to the player to possess and manipulate items found in the real world to take his time and have fun in solving the captivating puzzles he encounters.

Using the stylus, players can manipulate inanimate objects in order to protect innocent victims and alter their fate. In order to save their lives, players will have many routes to choose from to scare off the victims’ assassins – some more obvious than others. It’s up to the player to use strategy in order to choose the best path and solve the crime, but be warned that Sissel only has until dawn before he has to leave the supernatural world for good. As Sissel progresses through the game, the mystery of his own death will be revealed to him over time. Will players discover the truth before his time runs out?

Features:

+ Brought to you by the creator of the Ace Attorney™ series, Shu Takumi

+ Intriguing plot mixing intrigue, which starts with the protagonist’s death and humour will draw players into Sissel’s search for the truth

+ Utilise the stylus to create a path for Sissel to travel and possess and manipulate items along the way

+ Hours of engaging gameplay filled with logic puzzles

+ Rich animation, unique art style graphics and character designs make this a truly distinct offering for the DS no other games ever can .

Last edited by a moderator:
This game looks amazing. THe demo was really fun too - I wish this was coming out before Christmas though... I usually play and finish one game at my in-laws and this would be perfect. Right now I've got DQIX lined up but I don't know if I'll have time for an RPG...

This one will be coming out soon! I can't wait!

I already have the first phoenix wright so I don't think I'll get it from capcom, but I guess it'd be nice to have a second one to give to someone as a gift..

Amazon has a little pre order bonus too digital download of soundtrack not sure if it's the whole soundtrack or just a little music..

This game is probably going to disappear or not be carried by many stores like Miles Edgeworth. I only saw that game at Gamestop and Walmart. I might have to order me a copy.

I pre-ordered the GT/PW bundle from Capcom. Really awesome deal. By the way, any of you guys know when we're supposed to get the game to our homes? Capcom says my package was 'shipped' on Jan. 6th, but UPS says that they don't have possession of the package. What gives?

same with me
its been shipped since 6th and in Indiana since the 8th.
Hope it gets here 2moro along with Kingdom Hearts

[quote name='adriley313']same with me
its been shipped since 6th and in Indiana since the 8th.
Hope it gets here 2moro along with Kingdom Hearts[/QUOTE]

Can you let me know if/when you get it? I've heard some shady things about Digital River, and I'm just worried I'm not going to get my games and get charged for it.

ok will keep you posted
was hoping it would get here today since they shipped it so early that maybe it would come on the release date.

Here's my Tracking Info

Label/Receipt Number: 9102 1332 7013 7003 1411 70
Class: Package Services
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Your item departed a shipping partner facility at 4:12 pm on January 08, 2011 in FISHERS, IN 46037. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. Enter Label/Receipt Number.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Enter Label / Receipt Number.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Detailed Results:
Departed Shipping Partner Facility, January 08, 2011, 4:12 pm, FISHERS, IN 46037
bullet_circle.gif
Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 09, 2011
bullet_circle.gif
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, January 07, 2011, 10:53 am, FISHERS, IN 46037

I haven't been in a Gamestop in years but I've got a $10 Gamestop GC that I won in a Red Faction contest.
I'm hoping I can track down a copy of Ghost Trick today.

Preordered this at Gamestop since I have an e-rewards gc to burn. I got a text message yesterday that it would be in "Tuesday PM." I called them about a half hour ago and they still aren't done opening today's shipments and to call back at 5. :bomb:

EDIT: Got it and playing it now. :)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I called them about a half hour ago and they still aren't done opening today's shipments and to call back at 5. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, the dudes at the Poughkeepsie Gamestop had to dig a copy out of box for me.
Got mine, though...and we're looking at snow day tomorrow!

[quote name='Junior Asparagus']Anyone able to find this at Best Buy? I have some GC's I need to use...[/QUOTE]

I was going to get it from BB initially but I couldn't even find the game on their product locator.

[quote name='Junior Asparagus']Anyone able to find this at Best Buy? I have some GC's I need to use...[/QUOTE]

They didn't have it at the BB near me, in Illinois. I also have some credit there, so wanted to use it. I also had credit at GameStop, so went there. After looking around for a while, the girl that works there found it and said they only got one copy since nobody preordered. She said the same thing happened with 999, and now there are a ton of people looking for it, including the two that work there. So my advice to anyone interested in this game- get it now, or be prepared to wait for a long time or pay high prices in a few months (like 999).

I played through the first 3 chapters and it is excellent. The style is awesome and I'm intrigued by the story. Looking like an early DS GOTY candidate so far.

I am jealous of those of you who are playing. It has moved up the list but I'm still not ready to spend money right now.

mine is in Phx now and thats where i live
hopefully should be getting it today

also 999 is $38 shipped on aksysgames.com with the watch

[quote name='adriley313']
also 999 is $38 shipped on aksys.com with the watch[/QUOTE]

Nice find! It's actually aksysgames.com though, aksys.com is something else. The price has really gone down over the past couple weeks on 999, maybe a second print? I'm considering buying this just for the watch.

yes a 2nd print as aksys didnt know the game would do so well.
They had to make a 2nd print to keep up with demand.
Then ppl start price gauging.

$38 is great price including the watch.
who knows how long this run will last

[quote name='adriley313']got mine from Capcom today
came in a big brown box for 2 ds games
very excited[/QUOTE]

I am curious how the reprint looks of Phoenix Wright, if its a match to the original or like a Castlevania reprint...

Played through the first 90 minutes or so today.
It looks great and the characters are fantastic.

It's definitely got Phoenix Wright's intentionally vague, trial-and-error style of gameplay...which I sort of find both addictive and infuriating.

Received mine in the mail today from Amazon. I'll likely be playing it after dinner while I finish up rebuilding a family members computer.

img000199.jpg

(sorry about the bad webcam quality)

Finally got my Ghost Trick/Phoenix Wright bundle 5 minutes ago after waiting in agony for a couple days. So excited to start playing! But first, have to do some homework...

I went to capcom and it says backordered anyone have any idea how long before it gets back in stock? I don't really want $40 of my money hung up on something that may take a month to get shipped.

bread's done
Back