Pre Order Halo Reach Legendary Edition $127.49 Gamestop

Freiteez

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys, as most of you know, details on the Halo Reach Limited and Legendary editions came out. I decided to search for some promo codes to get it cheaper when pre ordering and found a good one.

Use promo code " 15NEW " this will give you 15% off the game. So if you were to do Overnight shipping (whenever I do that, i get it the same day) you get the overnight shipping free plus $10 off the game.

So if your interested in getting the Legendary edition for cheaper, this is a great way to do it.

[quote name='Mikocouch']Why not use 25OFF and get $37.50 off the price?[/QUOTE]
I did use that one but right at the end of checkout it says "can't use this promo code with certain items" so that one doesn't work.

LOL... I bet this is gonna sell like crazy, even though everybody knows what happened last time.:lol:

I'll get the regular version. MS CEs are crap.

EDIT* I just saw the package and at least it's better than a stupid helmet that only your cat can wear.

it will likely be canceled because right on the description for the item it states the % off promotions will not work with this. So while it might "work" in the sense that you can place the order, it will probably be canceled in the long run. Worth a shot though I guess.

it will likely be canceled because right on the description for the item it states the % off promotions will not work with this. So while it might "work" in the sense that you can place the order, it will probably be canceled in the long run. Worth a shot though I guess.

[quote name='kidrocklive']it will likely be canceled because right on the description for the item it states the % off promotions will not work with this. So while it might "work" in the sense that you can place the order, it will probably be canceled in the long run. Worth a shot though I guess.[/QUOTE]

I guess I will know if it works come September or something

I got burned badly buying the legendary set of halo 3. $150+tax+shipping back in the day from gamestop.com. Never again.

You can use the 25off on the limited editions though! I just ordered 2 and got $40 off them, plus free value shipping, so I think I'll ebay those two^,^

Anyone remember the Halo 3 Legendary Edition? I highly suggest NOT buying this, it will drop 50% or more of its asking price in a few months, from HUGE overstocks, there will not be anything "Limited" about this product. This is not worth the day 1 purchase, guaranteed. You guys will thanks me later for this advice.

So GameStop is smart enough to put "This product is not eligible for %-off discount offers." in the product page, but not smart enough to update their system to not accept the coupon code?

How much did the Halo 3 Legendary set with the cat hat drop to on Amazon?

Like $45 at one point, you might want to consider that when you're dropping $130.

[quote name='Xiemos']I got burned badly buying the legendary set of halo 3. $150+tax+shipping back in the day from gamestop.com. Never again.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Just wait and it'll be < $100. In the meantime, buy the lower end version.

Oh, and for everyone hoping there will be a ton of these out there, I'm not so sure there will be that many since all of the statues are handmade.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Oh, and for everyone hoping there will be a ton of these out there, I'm not so sure there will be that many since all of the statues are handmade.[/QUOTE]

yeah if by handmade you mean, a program written so a machine could do all the work, then I believe that..Kotaku already has an image of the 'sculpture' whats weird is in the back (of image), the disc holding 'area' looks exactly like the one from Halo 3 LE...I wonder if they recycled a bunch of the bottom pieces and altered them to work with this..and if they did that, that means hundreds of large cats and small dogs have spartan helmets to wear! :lol:

[quote name='token2k6']yeah if by handmade you mean, a program written so a machine could do all the work, then I believe that..Kotaku already has an image of the 'sculpture' whats weird is in the back (of image), the disc holding 'area' looks exactly like the one from Halo 3 LE...I wonder if they recycled a bunch of the bottom pieces and altered them to work with this..and if they did that, that means hundreds of large cats and small dogs have spartan helmets to wear! :lol:[/QUOTE]
The individually molded and hand-painted part makes me believe that it's like the usual video game/comic statues I buy and those usually end up being kinda rare. Gamestop.com has a picture of the sculpture already, too. It looks gorgeous.

I have no doubt I will own this...but not this year :D God willing, I will wait until it drops under $100, maybe even further. I, too, bought this on day one and have seen how low these go a year or two after :whistle2:(

When Amazon adds the other editions, will the $20 credit apply to all versions or will they give you more for the higher priced editions? Just curious :p

No way will I be buying the "Legendary" Edition. Well, maybe not until a year or so later when it's on clearance somewhere for $40-60 bucks.

The molds are machine made, but a person paints it. Any sculpture is first made by machine, and maybe primed by another machine, but a person has to finish the job. Just look at any D&D miniature, or any game/ anime collectible sculpture. No one sculpture is the same.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The individually molded and hand-painted part makes me believe that it's like the usual video game/comic statues I buy and those usually end up being kinda rare. Gamestop.com has a picture of the sculpture already, too. It looks gorgeous.[/QUOTE]

Please see the Ghostbusters "limited edition" thread. Has Amazon ever sold out of those? That was even Amazon exclusive and limited to under 10K units. This one will be far, far more common than that.

[quote name='Xiemos']I got burned badly buying the legendary set of halo 3. $150+tax+shipping back in the day from gamestop.com. Never again.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I felt that burn too (although mine was w/Amazon FSSS and mild discount, not that it makes it any less sore). Not fun since I don't even have a cat. >_<

Still, the special versions have interesting DLC.

Of course, this DLC could end up going public marketplace later where I can just pick it up later.

Eh, just the regular version for me for now... :p

Just placed my order for $120.22 w/tax & free (value) shipping. :D

Do you think Amazon would match that price if I asked nicely? I would prefer to buy it through them...

Edit: Hmm...just noticed the Legendary Edition isn't for sale on Amazon quite yet.

[quote name='bojay1997']Please see the Ghostbusters "limited edition" thread. Has Amazon ever sold out of those? That was even Amazon exclusive and limited to under 10K units. This one will be far, far more common than that.[/QUOTE]

Kind of silly to compare the two. Actually, it's beyond silly. The Ghostbusters game did not sell well at all. This is a Halo game.

And do you ever post anything other than complaining about limited editions? I really do wonder. That's pretty much all I ever see you do.

I usually buy the reg. editions of games, and if I really want the bonuses of special editions i either ebay the specific bonus I want or wait for the inevitable clearance of the special edition. Hell, the FYE near me still has Halo 3 Legendaries, Street Fighter 4 special editions, GTA 4 Special editions, and that Fallout 3 Lunchbox set. All of them are $29.99 each, which is way cheaper than they were at launch. I'll be waiting for the drop on this one.

I'd be more impressed if these were made in the states, and not by an underpaid employee within a communist country..."Then" I might brag about it being hand-painted.

"Mah statue of Masta Chief been painted by at least two underpaid, underage workers in China...How 'bout yours?"

Sorry guys, I'm just not impressed...Especially for that price.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Kind of silly to compare the two. Actually, it's beyond silly. The Ghostbusters game did not sell well at all. This is a Halo game.

And do you ever post anything other than complaining about limited editions? I really do wonder. That's pretty much all I ever see you do.[/QUOTE]

Let's see, Ghostbusters sold 440K units in the US and almost a million worldwide in the first month of release. Sure, it's not Halo numbers, but it's not a good example of "not selling well at all". Should I compare it to the Halo 3 Legendary Edition that I got for $40 from New Egg? Weren't you the guy in the Ghostbusters LE thread encouraging everyone to buy early because it would sell out? Actually, let me rephrase that after looking at the old thread. You weren't gonna buy one, but doubted it would ever be available at liquidation prices. Good thing most people didn't listen to you and got it for $30 or less during various DOTD and other sales. Shall we put this discussion on hold until Christmas time when we can decide who was right about this not being a rarity?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']this will be $19.99 at PC Richards someday with $3 shipping :D[/QUOTE]

That day will be 2 months after the game comes out. :lol:

This 'Legendary' boxset will depreciate faster than a new KIA.

I should also point out that the "Legendary" edition of the game is also $70 more than the limited editon for only:

•Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statue is a must-have for any serious “Halo” fan
•UNSC-themed custom packaging.
•An exclusive in-game Spartan armor effect.

If you really want a special edtion of the game, the Limited edition seems like the better deal IMO because it has all the other stuff listed.

•An exclusive in-game Spartan armor effect.

Is what will make it sell. All the "hardcore" gamers can't go without their Golden Chainsaws, Recon Armor, or slightly different tinted armor color.

[quote name='htown01']
When Amazon adds the other editions, will the $20 credit apply to all versions or will they give you more for the higher priced editions? Just curious :p[/QUOTE]

Amazon rarely if ever offers gift cards on limited editions. They most definitely will not be offering higher than the $20 current deal for the regular edition.

So basically keep dreaming about seeing some sort of gift card from amazon if you order this.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Is the game case in that picture black? I dont really like that if it is, I guess it would match the generic GS cases I have :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it shows black there, but I'm wondering if maybe it was just a mock case for the picture, I really do hope it does come with a regular game case and not just a 'sleeve' or something cheap.

[quote name='bywaytm']Amazon rarely if ever offers gift cards on limited editions. They most definitely will not be offering higher than the $20 current deal for the regular edition.

So basically keep dreaming about seeing some sort of gift card from amazon if you order this.[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh. Thanks.

The disc cases for the Halo 3 Legendary Edition were black just like in the picture for the Reach Legendary. So I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way for release.

I agree though that they don't look as nice as the standard green case.

[quote name='jsvalmont']The disc cases for the Halo 3 Legendary Edition were black just like in the picture for the Reach Legendary. So I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way for release.

I agree though that they don't look as nice as the standard green case.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and that's why I bought both the Legendary and the Limited Edition. I kept the Limited Edition steelbook to play and just kept the game that came with the Legendary edition in the helmet.

[quote name='jsvalmont']The disc cases for the Halo 3 Legendary Edition were black just like in the picture for the Reach Legendary. So I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way for release.

I agree though that they don't look as nice as the standard green case.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I didn't realize that! So looks like it's the same for this one too. Were the cases any different aside from color?

bread's done
Back