Splinter Cell Conviction FREE Collector's Edition USB Content

jsvalmont

CAGiversary!
The Splinter Cell Conviction Collector's Edition USB Content is up on SplinterCell.com. This was made available for free because the USB drives that were supposed to contain this content on the SCC CE were found to be defective. Select 'News' and the link is right there, or click here for a direct download. The file is almost 500mb, so its pretty full of goodies.

Most of the file size comes from the 'Making Of' documentary that, while being a little outdated ('marks' for mark and execute are circles instead of the chevron shape that made it into the game, and the release date is said to be 2/23/10), is still pretty good. There are also some nice renders, wallpapers, comic, etc. Definitely worth the FREE price of admission.

Thank you Ubisoft Montreal!!

Just downloaded it, no viruses (scanned with AVG, plus I'd expect anthing from "splintercell.com" to be clean). The content is pretty cool, thanks op!

Very nice for Freebie. Thanks OP.

I'm cutting and pasting your post in the DVD Talk SC:C thread so my online friends don't miss out. Hope you don't mind. :)

[quote name='Decker']Very nice for Freebie. Thanks OP.

I'm cutting and pasting your post in the DVD Talk SC:C thread so my online friends don't miss out. Hope you don't mind. :)[/QUOTE]

Reposting is fine by me :)

I'm feeling like a complete idiot posting this, but am I the only one not able to find the download link? I searched all over the site and didn't see it anywhere, and any links I click that are supposed to lead to it, either from CAG or elsewhere on the net, just lead to the main page of the site.

@masamune:

don't worry, it's not just you. it's also not working for me either. i see the news when i select the us website, but when i click on the link in the news it just redirects me to the location selector again

Will this only work if you have the USB that came with the Collector's Edition? Or can anyone download the content? Because I'm trying to download it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I just wanted to confirm one way or the other. Anyone?

i think anybody can download it. but i think they do an ip check, so this is only for us customers. if you imported the us version to europe, you're out of luck

If you are having problems downloading the file, you can try typing http://splintercell.com/usbfile into your browser (that's where the splintercell.com news link goes and also where the link I posted on the original post goes). I just tested it again on my computer and the download should still work fine.

And for those who were wondering, there is no in-game content included, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Yeah, I think you're right about the IP checks. I'm living in Japan right now, and every time I click on the link in the thread here, it takes me to the UK Conviction site, where the download link is nowhere to be found. Going to Ubi's homepage and setting the location to US, and then going to the Conviction page lets me find the link, but clicking it redirects me back to the UK Conviction page. Seems like there's nothing I can do.

Gotta say though, it's getting horribly annoying having to deal with stuff like this on a fairly regular basis. I can't even buy games to download on Steam in the absence of my normal collection back home in the States, because they require that your IP address match the country where your credit card came from. What do they care, as long as they get their money?!

Oh well, I'm normally a sucker for collector's content like this, but at least I won't have to waste 500MB of hard drive space on a bunch of documentaries I'll never watch.;) Pretty glad now that I didn't actually end up buying the game yet, especially the Collector's version... would have been screwed out of both the USB drive and the content that was supposed to have been on it!

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']Yeah, I think you're right about the IP checks. I'm living in Japan right now[sic][/QUOTE]

Can I swop places with you ;)

Hi to all,

For those who weren't able to download these freebies because you weren't located in the US, you may try to use proxy sites. Make sure the proxy sites you select is a US proxy site.

Here is the link of proxy sites listings:

http://www.myipproxylist.com/

Select a US proxy sites and then copy and paste this link:"http://splintercell.com/usbfile" in the address bar.

Try it! It works!

Thanks for the info. I'm in the US so that's not the problem. I'm thinking that maybe you have to be registered and logged in to the Conviction site for it to work? Can anyone confirm?

[quote name='BloodGodAlucard']Thanks for the info. I'm in the US so that's not the problem. I'm thinking that maybe you have to be registered and logged in to the Conviction site for it to work? Can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I just clicked right on the link in the OP and it automatically started downloading for me. No signing in or anything.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I just clicked right on the link in the OP and it automatically started downloading for me. No signing in or anything.[/QUOTE]
Did it take a long time to start? Because everytime I start it, the screen goes white and doesn't do anything. I always assume there is some kind of problem after like 5 minutes of nothing and cancel out. Does it just take a long time to start or something?

So are you supposed to view this content on a computer instead of your USB drive? Because I can't transfer the content to the USB drive once the 360 reformats the stick. I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do (unless it's just content for the PC).

I think it's for PC only. I plugged my USB card that came with the CE into my laptop and copied the content off it for safe keeping right after I got home with the game. :D

I'm so glad I got a working, fully loaded USB key. :D

bread's done
Back