Help With Gamestop online orders

Domuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had a situation like this:

So i was ordering from gamestop.com (a few pre-orders and such) and had to cancel my order and re-order the same items because I wanted to order more items with the previous orders (so i could use 25off) but then I got this email from gamestop

Dear Valued Customer,

Infortunately, we were unable to process your order because one or more pieces of billing information do not match with what you have on file with your financial institution. GameStop.com practices a very rigorous verification process to ensure our customer’s information is protected.

We suggest the following for a quick resolution:

Contact your financial institution and confirm that the information they have on file matches all the billing information provided when you placed your order:
Full name
Address
Billing telephone number (the number on file with your financial institution must be provided on your order)

1. If any of the above needs to be corrected on your order to match what your financial institution has on file:
· Please reply to this e-mail with the updated billing information.
· To ensure speedy service, please include “BILLING UPDATE” in the subject line.

2. If your information has been corrected with your financial institution and now matches what was inputted on your order:
· Please reply to this e-mail and include the word “RESOLVED” in the subject line.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be more than happy to assist you further. You may also contact us at 1-800-883-8895 from the billing phone number on file with your financial institution. Please note that if a resolution is not met within 48 hours, your order may be cancelled.
Thank you again for your business. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
Best Regards,
Valerie
GameStop.Com
Power To The Players

So i sent them an email back with the correct stuff then I got this email

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

In regards to your recently placed order we have run into an issue and
are no longer able to process your order. It seems that our
verification server is unable to accept your information at this time.

Our website is setup to allow almost all orders to be placed but once
this is done the order goes through a rigorous verification process to
prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online
customers.

Best Regards,
Kristen
Customer Service Agent

So i sent them back:

Then how do I get this issue resolved so I can order once more through
the website?

Thanks

Then they sent this back yet again

Dear Customer,

In regards to your recently placed order we have run into an issue and
are no longer able to process your order. It seems that our verification
server is unable to accept your information at this time.

Our website is setup to allow almost all orders to be placed but once
this is done the order goes through a rigorous verification process to
prevent potential fraud and most importantly protect our online
customers.

Best Regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent

i was like wtf.

Anyone have any suggestions or a similar situation they would share with me? (im gonna call them tomorrow)

Update: Tried ordering again online but an hour or so later they just got canceled for no reason

You already mentioned the solution that should work in your post. Just call them and speak to a live person rather than going back and forth sending e-mails.

They did the same shit to me and now I can't order some items. It's quite annoying and I think making a new account is the only way to go about the stupid 2 per person limit.

[quote name='Porksta']Have you done anything they told you to do? Seems like that would be the best course of action.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter because they cancel your order as soon as they find this "error." They don't even give you a chance to call your CC company and tell them to approve it or whatever.

Gamestop.com has the most irritating ant-fraud system for any website. For some reason the info of many CAGs gets either rejected or red-flagged. Gamestop will not give you any real info why.

what did you order? this coupon can only be used on certain items although gamestop is THE only one that knows what those items are. they will do whatever it takes to cancel orders without even telling you why.

i recently been placing alot of orders from them using this coupon and they are getting cancelled. my problem is why would you release a coupon on the internet and not even honor them? i called their customer service and was told that my ordered were auto cancelled for some reason and no other explanation was given. the only advice i was given? go to their sister companies website barnesandnobles.com. i asked the lady if theres anyone else i could speak to to further explain this and she said there is and the fucking girl hung up on me. after that, i filed a bbb complaint.

Got this email back today:

Dear Customer,

For fraud prevention reasons we are unable to disclose reasons of failure. Usually when the server is unable to accept the information in this manner it would end in the same result with any order using the same information. We do apologize for the inconveniences.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Bryce
Customer Service Agent

They sound fishy..."unable to disclose reasons of failure" ... really? O well I guess this gives me more reason to hate gamestop and go to amazon or what not.

The most likely reason to get flagged like that is that you have done some combination of activities that makes them consider your order to be highly likely to be fraudulent. I'm not saying you actually did anything wrong; the companies that handle the credit card verification have systems that look for certain patterns of behavior that in the past were associated with failure to pay. Once you trigger that flag there is not much you can do except to try using a different credit card.

Since the system only works because crooks don't know the triggers there is no way they will tell you why you got flagged. They may also fix whatever criteria were causing you to get flagged , but they also won't tell you if that happens. By the way, your bank has similar systems: spend $200 at Sears on a Wed afternoon, cancel 2 orders at Gamestop the same week, and buy a left-handed socket wrench from Home Depot. Next thing you know your account is frozen, or the FBI shows up to arrest you for terrorism.

I placed a few preorders with the 25 off coupon and received one of those emails, however I haven't seen any orders cancelled just yet.

Same thing happened to me. However I had a legit excuse to why it happened in the first place. As some of you may know, Wachovia merged with Wells Fargo so when that happened my original order was canceled since the card I used for it(Wachovia) was no longer working. So when I used my new one(Wells Fargo) they just automatically canceled the order several hours after I had placed it with no explanation.

So after a few more attempts I finally emailed them about it and they responded back the next day saying I can no longer order off the site with that Visa card and I need to go to their B&M store if I want to make an order. Which of course I wouldn't be able to use the code if I did that. So I called customer service and tried explaining the situation and what had happened and they told me all I can do now if I want to order online is use a completely new way of payment and they can't do anything about the fraud alert in the system.

It's quite retarded actually.

[quote name='crr_1119']Same thing happened to me. However I had a legit excuse to why it happened in the first place. As some of you may know, Wachovia merged with Wells Fargo so when that happened my original order was canceled since the card I used for it(Wachovia) was no longer working. So when I used my new one(Wells Fargo) they just automatically canceled the order several hours after I had placed it with no explanation.

So after a few more attempts I finally emailed them about it and they responded back the next day saying I can no longer order off the site with that Visa card and I need to go to their B&M store if I want to make an order. Which of course I wouldn't be able to use the code if I did that. So I called customer service and tried explaining the situation and what had happened and they told me all I can do now if I want to order online is use a completely new way of payment and they can't do anything about the fraud alert in the system.

It's quite retarded actually.[/QUOTE]

Really? Great fraud protection and customer service. Not only do legit customers get screwed, but they cant even do anything to change it. So stupid.

[quote name='SEH']Really? Great fraud protection and customer service. Not only do legit customers get screwed, but they cant even do anything to change it. So stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is. To make matters worse, I did what I was told over the phone and used a different card and redid my order last night. Guess what? I checked it today and canceled! I didn't even get an email about it this time, just checked on the site and it was canceled. So yea, I guess my whole account is now flagged or something, not just the card.

I wish they'd just start taking paypal, would sure make everything a lot easier. Also it's not like this has been my first order with them either. I've used the same account and card to make several purchases in the past, one even being just a month ago. I just don't understand why I was seen as fraudulent in the first place, or why they can't lift it off my account after checking it over.

I'll tell you what may have happened. Have you ordered more than $1000 worth of stuff in the past month? If so, it's gonna auto-cancel your stuff. I got that from a CSR, I was on the phone with. I got another one to confirm it.

Between 4/6 and 4/20, I placed 7 orders totalling $859.78. 2 of the orders are when 25off stacked with 10auto, for $433.16 total. The other 5 were only 25off. I was buying stuff to trade in to Amazon, stuff to keep, and one order went to a friend as belated Christmas/birthday gifts.

On the 22nd, I got an order for $90.41 auto-cancelled because I had also placed another order for $101.22 in around the same time (this one showed up as 23rd) before the first had processed. Then I tried to go for less, and did get an order for $152.98 to go through on the 23rd. On the 23rd, after that one went through, I'd try to put in one order at a time. Got 4 cancelled in one day. This is only trying to use 25off. Tried to put in order in on the 24th - cancelled, 26th - cancelled, 29th - cancelled, 30th - cancelled, 30th - cancelled. I was trying to get an order in before 25off expired and combine it with the $10 future credit bonus on some games (LBP GOTY, GoWC) and a SMG2 pre-order.

I have 11 Closed/Cancelled orders in my Order History, and 8 Closed/Shipped orders. Oh well, 25off is dead, no reason for me to try to order anything now.

EDIT: I wasn't paying with a credit card, so it was nothing fraudulent. I was only paying with Gamestop credit. I also tried to start a new account, new email, new EDGE card # (my cousin's), but same shipping address, paying with same EDGE cards, auto-cancelled. So it may have to do with the address or the #'s on my cards (not the EDGE card #, since that was new and unrelated).

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked out Gamestop.com on Resellerratings.com and it turns out that many other legitimate customers are having issues with their verification system. Just more reason to shop at a hassle-free source like Amazon.

[quote name='lukewin']I'll tell you what may have happened. Have you ordered more than $1000 worth of stuff in the past month? If so, it's gonna auto-cancel your stuff. I got that from a CSR, I was on the phone with. I got another one to confirm it.

Between 4/6 and 4/20, I placed 7 orders totalling $859.78. 2 of the orders are when 25off stacked with 10auto, for $433.16 total. The other 5 were only 25off. I was buying stuff to trade in to Amazon, stuff to keep, and one order went to a friend as belated Christmas/birthday gifts.

On the 22nd, I got an order for $90.41 auto-cancelled because I had also placed another order for $101.22 in around the same time (this one showed up as 23rd) before the first had processed. Then I tried to go for less, and did get an order for $152.98 to go through on the 23rd. On the 23rd, after that one went through, I'd try to put in one order at a time. Got 4 cancelled in one day. This is only trying to use 25off. Tried to put in order in on the 24th - cancelled, 26th - cancelled, 29th - cancelled, 30th - cancelled, 30th - cancelled. I was trying to get an order in before 25off expired and combine it with the $10 future credit bonus on some games (LBP GOTY, GoWC) and a SMG2 pre-order.

I have 11 Closed/Cancelled orders in my Order History, and 8 Closed/Shipped orders. Oh well, 25off is dead, no reason for me to try to order anything now.

EDIT: I wasn't paying with a credit card, so it was nothing fraudulent. I was only paying with Gamestop credit. I also tried to start a new account, new email, new EDGE card # (my cousin's), but same shipping address, paying with same EDGE cards, auto-cancelled. So it may have to do with the address or the #'s on my cards (not the EDGE card #, since that was new and unrelated).[/QUOTE]

Well the recent order I tried doing totaled to $254. All my past orders never even got around to $100 though. I think all in all, including the recent order that they canceled, the total for all my orders would only be about $500. If that even.

tried ordering with a different credit card but the same address...it was auto-cancelled a few hours later.
So im guessing one would have to move and get a different credit card to order from gamestop... lame

Oh yes I am dredging this up from the depths of last year, please forgive me. I've now run into the exact same problem, with extremely rude customer service e-mail responses essentially ignoring what I wrote by replying with the same form letter response. If I didn't have this credit I'd just order Xenoblade directly from Nintendo and be done with Gamestop entirely.

Has anyone else run into this and found any sort of solution? I'm this close to firing off an e-mail to someone who actually matters at Gamestop.

19 posts in and I can't believe no one has gotten the correct answer.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those of you having "ordering issues" are being lied to. Their is nothing wrong with your payment information. Gamestop's system as flagged you as a potential reseller. You will not be able to use your billing address for any subsequent orders or they will be cancelled.

Their is no magic formula that I'm aware of. Their computer flags accounts they consider suspicious for reseller activity and then an employee makes the decision to ban those accounts although good luck trying to get them to admit to that.

it is also virtually impossible to get the ban lifted. I have not been able to place an online order for over five months and all I did was buy 3 ps3 move sharpshooters and three sets of the sony wireless headphones in a 72 hour period and I have a PUR Pro Paid membership as well.

Also understand that you're going to get quite a few gamestop monkey's coming in here and defending their POS company.

bread's done
Back