Glory of Heracles DS - $14.98 @ gamestop.com - amazon.com

Thanks for the tip, although I think I'll pass after reading some reviews and watching some gameplay videos.

Ah, what the hell, I used one of my $10 coupons (the one from getting Monster Hunter Tri) at got it for $7.97 shipped. I "lost" $2.99 on the shipping I had to pay, but that was better than padding it out with some crap I didn't need to get free shipping. And of course it is better than a gutted copy in store for $14.98! Plus now one of those evil unstackable coupons is gone. I just have one more to use - this kind of thing is perfect though (a new game priced under $20).

And even if Amazon comes along and price matches this, I'll still have saved more (and used less useful GS credit) to get it from GS.com. Speaking of Amazon, I think it is pretty funny they link to their trade-in program on the page for Glory of Heracles: "Get an Amazon.com Gift Card. Trade this, and more items, using free shipping, for an Amazon.com Gift Card that can be redeemed for millions of items store wide". Yeah, wanna know what Amazon gives for Glory of Heracles? 25 cents - yep, I dunno what's up with that, but it is 25 cents :lol:.

Went to GameStop to pick this up, and all they had were gutted copies. Bought one at first, but then I was at Best Buy right afterward anyway and decided to price-match to get a sealed copy instead. Returned the gutted one back to another GameStop store that was on my route home.

What was really weird at GameStop was that they actually did have about five cases out on the shelf with printed "display copy" art in them, something you don't see at GameStop often. So I saw that and thought "oh, hey, I'll be able to get a sealed copy!" Nope. For some reason, even though they had the display copies, they had also gutted all of their actual copies of the game. I really don't get GameStop sometimes (erm, make that most of the time, actually).

The Nintendo rep that came to the TRU where I work loves this game. I even played it for a good 10 min one day when we were slow on the DSI XL a week before that came out. Seems pretty good.

[quote name='gamegirl79']If I buy the game new from gamestop.com, will I get a sealed copy? I want to give this as a gift but only if it's sealed.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it will be sealed.

I have 3 $10 coupons left, wondering if the game is worth using one on. Reviews were mediocre, but gamer reviews seem better.

I played it for a little bit last night. I don't want to get too deep into it yet, because I'm already working my way through Dragon Quest IV, but I wanted to take a look.

There's not much in the way of a plot or anything so far, but I do have to say that I'm very impressed with the interface and the battle system. It's fairly intuitive once you know where everything is, but at the same time provides a lot of details and options (including an "auto" option that works pretty well for those routine random battles where you don't feel like bothering to slog through the choices). The mini-games for powering up magic are an interesting idea, but so far at least they're extremely easy (I assume they will probably get harder as the game goes along, given that these are being called "level 1"). The graphics are pretty good for a DS game, though the black outlines around the characters are an odd decision that make them look more blocky than they probably would otherwise.

All-in-all, it seems like it will have been a worthwhile purchase for the price.

For once I got lucky on a deal. A couple of days ago, I did have this in my shopping cart with some other games when I was trying to get to $100 for the 25% off deal. Instead I picked a game that included a $10 coupon code and removed this game from the cart. Now I was able to buy this game for half the price and used the $10 off code to get it even cheaper.

[quote name='JAlbertL']I can't believe The Legendary Starfy and Fossil Fighters didn't price-drop too. I'd pick those up for $15 each.[/QUOTE]

Fossil fighters fell to 15

[quote name='slidecage']Fossil fighters fell to 15[/QUOTE]

Um . . . where? Gamestop.com still lists it as $29.99 new/$24.99 used.

[quote name='arcane93']Um . . . where? Gamestop.com still lists it as $29.99 new/$24.99 used.[/QUOTE]

Amazon

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I shockingly got a sealed copy and not a gutted one! :shock:[/QUOTE]

So did I.

Played a demo at best buy and the game seemed awesome. Unfortunately, someone in marketing printed off waaay too many copies. At my best buy there was literally around 30 (More than Final Fantasy, more than a lot of other first-party nintendo games.)

15 is probably a good price value-wise, but seems to me like this one will go down to 10 or cheaper soon. (Seriously? 30 copies of this game in Green Bay's Best Buy?)

[quote name='aeri']Played a demo at best buy and the game seemed awesome. Unfortunately, someone in marketing printed off waaay too many copies. At my best buy there was literally around 30 (More than Final Fantasy, more than a lot of other first-party nintendo games.)

15 is probably a good price value-wise, but seems to me like this one will go down to 10 or cheaper soon. (Seriously? 30 copies of this game in Green Bay's Best Buy?)[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Green Bay Best Buy just over-ordered? At the Best Buy here where I picked it up, there were about six or seven copies, which seemed on par with other first-party titles.

Keep in mind too that Best Buy hasn't started drops on it at all yet, either. I expect that when they do, it'll spend a good bit of time in the $19.99 or $14.99 bins before it goes to $10.

I can't remember-does this use the touch screen and is it action based? I like turn based, and I don't want to use the touch screen when I could be pressing actual buttons.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I can't remember-does this use the touch screen and is it action based? I like turn based, and I don't want to use the touch screen when I could be pressing actual buttons.[/QUOTE]

It is turn based. The controls are touch screen but they work very well. I know that you can also use buttons for movement (though I honestly found the touch screen easier), but I'm not sure if/how they work in combat (didn't try it).

Well, of course Amazon now matches it given that I already bought it from GS. But that's OK, I needed to make use of my GS $10 promo code and this was a perfect use. Now that I have 4 more of those I need to find more things like this to buy!

[quote name='illennium']Down to $10.99 NEW with a $10 off coupon... they are giving this game away.[/QUOTE]

$2 isn't a huge deal, but I ordered this earlier today when it was $12.99. As the kids say, F**KING GAMESTOP!

[quote name='SDC']$2 isn't a huge deal, but I ordered this earlier today when it was $12.99. As the kids say, F**KING GAMESTOP![/QUOTE]

They have been excellent about refunding price differences if you email them at [email protected].

They wouldn't refund me the difference when it dropped from $14.98 to $12.99 - and I even ordered it before the $10 coupon was available. To top it all off I can't even order another since they made it one per household after I ordered my first one. I'd get another and save it for a gift given the cheap price and $10 coupon code.

bread's done
Back