* * * * * 1 votes

The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread (OP Revamped 04/28/16)

vgm game music game soundtracks deals cd deals mp3 deals amazon itunes

#361 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6489 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 March 2018 - 02:18 AM

Speaking of VGM concert Blu-rays, the Persona 20th Anniversary concert BD is on sale for 4,600 yen at AmiAmi.

I really enjoyed this particular concert.

#362 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

The bonuses have been announced for the Breath of the Wild OST: an illustrated clear file and B6 notepad. It seems like all stores will have the same bonuses, though it's not clear if the memo pad design will be different between shops.
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

#363 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:48 PM

I've never backed a Video Games Live album on Kickstarter before. Does anyone know if you receive the album in MP3 320?

#364 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:10 AM

I've never backed a Video Games Live album on Kickstarter before. Does anyone know if you receive the album in MP3 320?

Just checked my Humble download page for VGL5. The main VGL5 album is available in 320 kbps mp3 as well as 96 khz/24 bit wav files. All of the supplementary albums included in my tier are in mp3 only. The two videos included in my tier (live show and documentary) are mp4 files, each about 4.5 gigs.

#365 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:49 AM

STREET FIGHTER II: the animated movie
BEST soundtrack for video game related title ever man

#366 Thrakker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   600 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

Dunno if anyone ever bought those game music soundtrack bundles back in 2012-2014 or so via gamemusicbundle.com/loudr.fm, but I decided to check my loudr.fm account today and noticed that all of a sudden all the albums were listed as downloads disabled. I googled loudr, and it looks like they were purchased by spotify with the announcement just yesterday. Loudr mostly did music licensing/royalties over the past few years, and doesn't really seem to have done direct sales, so while I guess it's not surprising, it's disappointing that I seem to have lost 200+ albums I purchased. Then again, I never actually downloaded most of them in the 5 or so years I've owned them, so did I really lose out on much? I suppose mostly it's the principle of it. I sent them a tweet and will probably follow up with an email, but I don't know how hopeful I am with them being swallowed up by a big corporation.

#367 IronChariot   In My Country There Is Problem CAGiversary!   2997 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

IronChariot

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:34 AM

Just checked my Humble download page for VGL5. The main VGL5 album is available in 320 kbps mp3 as well as 96 khz/24 bit wav files. All of the supplementary albums included in my tier are in mp3 only. The two videos included in my tier (live show and documentary) are mp4 files, each about 4.5 gigs.

Thanks for checking! That was exactly what I was hoping for.

#368 R. Kasahara   The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅 CAGiversary!   4162 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

Forgot to mention this here earlier, but CDJapan is currently offering coupons for 300 and 500 yen off of anime, game, movie, and TV soundtracks. They're good until the end of May; codes and more details here.

Also, while I'm here, I should probably note that my most recent order from Amazon.co.jp (three game music albums and an artbook) was shipped in a big, loose bubble mailer >_< The artbook and two of the CD cases were damaged, and even though Amazon was great about sending me replacements, those were also shipped in a big, loose bubble mailer! Amazingly, said replacements were in perfect condition.

Because of this, I'm wary about placing media-only orders through them again. Just wanted to give you all a heads-up that their packaging has gotten worse.
sig.gif
2018 Completed Games || My gaming blog

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vgm, game music, game soundtracks, deals, cd deals, mp3 deals, amazon, itunes