Buy WOW, get Burning Crusade FREE at Target

Picked them both up at target the other day. Had to finally give it a shot. I also ordered some of those prepaid lotr cards. Playing with fire here...

Same deal at best buy. Ordered it online cuz they were out at the brick and mortar but I've been playing the demo since Sunday. Just hit level 15 and started doing the dungeon raids -- "instances." I feel the sickness coming on.

great game and will save you money if you don't buy any other games. i have been playing for years but am currently on break until cataclysm is released.

[quote name='saosin42']I got sick of the grinding for days just to level up...Ah, the nightmares.[/QUOTE]
Things have changed soooo much since pre-BC. You don't ever need to grind (to gain a level) now. Also, with the cross-realm lfg system, getting a group for low level dungeons is super fast. Since I like doing the low level dungeons on alts, I think that the cross-realm lfg system is the best thing to happen to WoW in a long time.

i don't know if it gets you a month free still if you were already a subscriber, but you can get a scroll of res. which can give you a month free if you have been gone for over 3 months i believe.

[quote name='aznboovie']thats $180 per year of subscriptions...[/QUOTE]

Considering the money I save on games I don't buy because I'm not bored with WoW, I probably save money.

Lot of places are doing this deal, great time to hop on WoW if you haven't yet.

[quote name='brettsp']What if you're a past subscriber. Will 20.0 get you a month of play time and BC?[/QUOTE]

Get someone to scroll of resurrection with you and split the $15 saving you 7.50.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Considering the money I save on games I don't buy because I'm not bored with WoW, I probably save money.[/QUOTE]

exactly, i've actually been constant with wow since release and it has saved me a lot on games. though recently i have been playing console more and have stopped wow completely and you can definately feel the dent in the wallet.

I've always been interested in WoW, but I am not a computer savvy person. How can I tell if my pc would be able run it?

I dont know if these are the right specs one would need but here they are:

Model: HP a6200n
Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 32 bit Operating System
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I also am running Vista on it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']I've always been interested in WoW, but I am not a computer savvy person. How can I tell if my pc would be able run it?

I dont know if these are the right specs one would need but here they are:

Model: HP a6200n
Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
System Type: 32 bit Operating System
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I also am running Vista on it[/QUOTE]

that should be able to run it fine. i've seen comps with worse specs run it. wow isn't really spec heavy as other games, but if you have some nice specs they have options to bring it up really nicely.

[quote name='saosin42']I got sick of the grinding for days just to level up...Ah, the nightmares.[/QUOTE]

That is true at the time but the memories of doing it is priceless! :D

[quote name='arrrggghhh']Picked them both up at target the other day. Had to finally give it a shot. I also ordered some of those prepaid lotr cards. Playing with fire here...[/QUOTE]

more than fire, with prepaid cards already, you're IN the fire, house is burning and you're trapped.

lol

I've been in and out of wow, and even though I've been out of it, have cataclysm pre-ordered..

@sondast - the LFG is very nice. my acct got hacked so I got a month free and I used the dungeon finder, and it is superb. Since instances are what I like to do other than pvp'ing it was great. I wish they had this when I had leveled to 70..boorring.

I got hooked on Diablo II several different times. I've thought about WoW, but I know it's way more in depth that Diablo II and I really don't want to lose my life. I have a somewhat addictive personality so I don't even want to try it.

I remember about 5 years ago or so a bunch of people I was friends with used to play WoW all the time. 95% of their convo consisted of WoW lol. I love games though, so I can see how they are. I was heavily addicted to Socom 2 when it came out. But WoW, that shit'll hook ya.

Well after playing the trial for a while(which ran fine on my PC, thanks elixe for your feedback) I ended up ordering it through best buy since I had a $10 reward cert. & got it for $10.73, thanks for the heads up OP

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well after playing the trial for a while(which ran fine on my PC, thanks elixe for your feedback) I ended up ordering it through best buy since I had a $10 reward cert. & got it for $10.73, thanks for the heads up OP[/QUOTE]

nice, enjoy that first run to the higher lvls. check the pc section of this board it has a wow topic which has all the main websites that deal with wow.

right now i believe it is a lot easier with all the recent additions to lvl'ing.

Bit on this deal, too. I haven't played in four years. To be honest, the perceived notion of this game becoming unbearably addicting only comes true if you don't manage your time well and if you suck at setting limits. For example, I'll just be dabbling for the summer so I can get my main ready for Cataclysm, which I'll dive into during Christmas break. >_<

It also helps if you're so selective with your games. The only other games (or genre) I play are fighting games.

Must resist the World of Warcrack. Check out http://www.wowdetox.com/

They're probably putting the last push for this game and getting ready for the next expansion to hold the game a bit longer until their next MMO comes out. Anyway don't let saving money by playing this game fool you. If you got suck into it, it will cost you more money and even more so than just money.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']Must resist the World of Warcrack. Check out http://www.wowdetox.com/

They're probably putting the last push for this game and getting ready for the next expansion to hold the game a bit longer until their next MMO comes out. Anyway don't let saving money by playing this game fool you. If you got suck into it, it will cost you more money and even more so than just money.[/QUOTE]
That's pretty sad reading a lot of the posts there. Like gamers can't practice restraint. /sarcasm - I know people who hold full-time jobs or are 4.0 full-time students in college and still happen to like questing on their spare time or raiding once a week. They get through fine because they can actually leave the computer and apply themselves to society. The person who claims they've lost their life to WoW can blame no one but themselves. The game didn't ask you to play it, the game freaking played you! :joystick:

/soapbox - But back on the subject of deals, anyone have a favorite place to buy time cards? Are they ever on sale?

[quote name='datniceguy']That's pretty sad reading a lot of the posts there. Like gamers can't practice restraint. /sarcasm - I know people who hold full-time jobs or are 4.0 full-time students in college and still happen to like questing on their spare time or raiding once a week. They get through fine because they can actually leave the computer and apply themselves to society. The person who claims they've lost their life to WoW can blame no one but themselves. The game didn't ask you to play it, the game freaking played you! :joystick:

/soapbox - But back on the subject of deals, anyone have a favorite place to buy time cards? Are they ever on sale?[/QUOTE]

You are wrong.
To get anywhere near decent end game and be considered good, you need to spend a lot of time in wow. Not everyone plays this game with only minor questing in mind. People want to be the best at it, majority of them.

I started playing again about a year-and-a-half ago. I stopped three months ago and am really itching to get back into it.

My name is Jazzchamp, and I'm a WoW addict... /cry

[quote name='tekzor']You are wrong.
To get anywhere near decent end game and be considered good, you need to spend a lot of time in wow. Not everyone plays this game with only minor questing in mind. People want to be the best at it, majority of them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I've been able to resist the urge to keep playing only because I know I never will be a top raider or player. not even close. But the game rewards you for being at the top or near the top via in-game items and actual leadership if you want it. This can be said with many games, but those that are just questing on their free time are really only doing just that. There's different ways to play games, but to stay at the top, you really do need to put in a lot of time. If you don't have the time, then you just WILL NOT be at the top of the players, simple as that. It's just the fact that, well a lot of people do want to be good, like Tekzor is saying.

I'm not saying don't blame the person for not having restraint, b/c well if it's taking over your life, then you should quit, but at the same time, this game isn't developed the same as many other games out there that you can pick up, play, "beat", and drop. or come back for short rounds later - although you can..

in for 1.... or i guess 2....... cause you get both......do they both come with subscriptions? like a month or something (i normally buy 10-30 games so this isn't really saving me monies if i have to pay 30 right off the bat on subscriptions)

well the thing is now gearing is really really easy. just spend a few hours in heroics and you've got decent gear. you won't have the top top but you will be decent gear without raiding but you will be a tier or two below. before i stopped playing you can get decently geared with a few hours of play.

Raiding anything doesn't even take more than a few hours nowadays :|
No more 6+hours raids like the old days.

[quote name='Brother Daz']It comes with 1- 30 day sub., you can do like I did and get a 10 day free trial and then continue from there.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and free trials are easy to find here. *cough*

[quote name='georox']Yep, and free trials are easy to find here. *cough*[/QUOTE]

WTF is this crap???? All you have to do is go to their website and click on "10 day free trial." Get lost georox!

I got in on this deal due to my friend wanting me to help him using the bonus exp gained by linking the accounts..but we messed up and put the free 30 days on the account thinking it got linked so..

I'm Saved!! =D

[quote name='IgiveUgas']WTF is this crap???? All you have to do is go to their website and click on "10 day free trial." Get lost georox![/QUOTE]

i believe he is trying to get people to join under him so he gets a free month when they sign up. i think thats how it works never did it.

[quote name='elixe']i believe he is trying to get people to join under him so he gets a free month when they sign up. i think thats how it works never did it.[/QUOTE]

Tis, it's a good deal for both parties if you split it 7.50/7.50

[quote name='elixe']i believe he is trying to get people to join under him so he gets a free month when they sign up. i think thats how it works never did it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I can care less about the time. It's the damn mount that Blizzard makes such a pain to get using this system. If anyone here is enough of an ass to prefer just going through the site versus helping the probably 20+ CAGs who need it... well, cheers to being a bastard. :D Honestly though, gametime is nothing, I just don't want to buy a WoW pack + 2 month card just to get a mount. Sales over now anyways.

yeah i actually did RAF myself before when i wanted to make a new character. ended up lvl'ing 3 characters that i didn't have lvl'ed yet. went really really fast, this was back when they offered the zhevra.

[quote name='georox']If anyone here is enough of an ass to prefer just going through the site versus helping the probably 20+ CAGs who need it... well, cheers to being a bastard.[/QUOTE]

Always state your intentions or people will avoid you and be "an ass" according to you. I knew your intentions, but people new to WoW would not. Nobody NEEDS a mount. 20+? lol. I'm sure there are more CAGs than that who do not have it. Want is a better word. Quick... must go get the Celestial Steed :roll:.

bread's done
Back