YMMV: Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition ($9.97) at Sears

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Went into my local Sears earlier today and found The Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition in the Steelbook for $9.97. Of course I bought it. It was the last one. I want to find another one since I am unsure if I am going to keep this game or sell it since I could easily get $50 + for it online.

Also snagged Muramasa Demon Blade for $9.97 for my buddy and 2 copies of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts for 360. Those were $1.75 Each. Lol. I traded one in for $10 since I owed a bit on MGS:pW CE and may keep the other one. Not sure.

This Sears was in Bethlehem, PA.

It's OOP so it's rare to find it anywhere anymore, new at least. Worth the $50 price tag if any Wii game is, one of the only reasons I have a Wii.

I bit the bullet when it was 19.97 about two months ago. I'd highly suggest to get it if you don't have it already. It's absolutely worth every penny of the original price tag.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']You will never find it, don't even try guys.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']This has been talked about in the Sears clearance thread for a while now, its gonna be tough finding one now.[/QUOTE]

You guys are full of it. These are still out there so it doesn't hurt to search. Besides, there are other $9.97 games that are worth looking for too.

This thread will probably get merged.

I said it would be tough finding one, not that there are none to be found. You know damn well it would be tough finding a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']I said it would be tough finding one, not that there are none to be found. You know damn well it would be tough finding a copy.[/QUOTE]

This. This so much.

Wow, that is an amazing price on Metroid Prime, as are the others. The Sear's around here aren't really worth checking anymore. Last year, when I started looking, I was finding some good deals, but since then it has been dry and they actually raised the prices back up on several items.

I recently found Banjo Kazooie for $5 at another Sear's, which I've never found any deals at, but that was the only thing they had.

Nice finds!

i checked my 4 sears for this when it was 15 and never had any luck last month i wonder if they ever restock these things

[quote name='Maskim']They should really make a thread dedicated to just this sort of sears clearance deal.. ;)[/QUOTE]

That thread is a nightmare.

I checked my local Sears out yesturday, but, sadly, there were no copies available.

Looks like I'll need to spend $50+ to finally own it. Tell me again why Nintendo stopped printing this compilation?

[quote name='bredbu']i checked my 4 sears for this when it was 15 and never had any luck last month i wonder if they ever restock these things[/QUOTE]
They're clearanced for a reason, buddy.

Anyway I gotta check my Sears tomorrow. No luck for Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & I walked like an idiot for the bus before asking about this. Could have been under the piles of shovelware crap, I don't like how Sears (at least mine) just stacks new items on top of old items in those glass cases, makes it hard to find anything without asking someone for help.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']You will never find it, don't even try guys.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Brother Daz']I said it would be tough finding one, not that there are none to be found. You know damn well it would be tough finding a copy[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Fire_Thief']This. This so much.[/QUOTE]So you agree with Daz, even though he disagrees with your original post?

[quote name='Sigma']My Sears unfortunately stopped selling video games years ago. :([/QUOTE]

This. I remember though when they had a clearance on some PS1 games, included in that lot was Final Fantasy VII for 6.97...and I passed it up, because I didn't think I'd ever want to play it again after investing 350 hours. I was like 12 :cry:

If anyone manages to get an extra copy of Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts, I'd pay for the game, shipping, and your time!

Damn, why could I have not seen this earlier today? I was just at Sears not long ago.

I am definitely visiting somewhat soon, tomorrow if at all possible.

ALRIGHT, we had the goose-chase for Zelda Twilight for the Gamecube at K-Mart a couple months ago. Now we can waste a bunch more people's time looking for another thing really rare at an incredibly low price that should have been posted in a clearance thread. Oh boy, oh boy!

[quote name='flount']ALRIGHT, we had the goose-chase for Zelda Twilight for the Gamecube at K-Mart a couple months ago. Now we can waste a bunch more people's time looking for another thing really rare at an incredibly low price that should have been posted in a clearance thread. Oh boy, oh boy![/QUOTE]
I detect a hint of sarcasm.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']They're clearanced for a reason, buddy. [/QUOTE]

Oddly, actually, one store here did restock Muramasa this month -- about five copies appeared out of nowhere (at the updated clearance price) when they had previously sold out a month earlier. Of course those are now long gone too, but still, apparently restocking of clearance items is not entirely impossible. It probably depends on whether they have more stock at their warehouse to get rid of.

That being said, I've been in about twelve Sears stores in the past month (beyond the ones in my immediate area, I also stopped at several along the way both ways on a road trip I took a few weeks ago), and I didn't see any copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy left at any of them. I'm glad I went ahead and grabbed it at a higher clearance price a couple of months ago.

[quote name='mr_bungle']It's OOP so it's rare to find it anywhere anymore, new at least. Worth the $50 price tag if any Wii game is, one of the only reasons I have a Wii.[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's not that rare yet. Pretty much all of the Targets around here, anyway, are still sitting on multiple copies of it at the full $49.99 price point. So if you can't find it on clearance anywhere, and you still want it badly enough to pay MSRP, check Target.

Let's try to count the total man-hours wasted tomorrow in gas, time, and frustration from you fools thinking that you'll be special enough to find one of these.

I am not trying to say I had a one hundred percent chance of finding anything at Sears yesterday or that I will have any such percentage later today, I just wish I had checked whilst I was there. I might have found something nice.

Either way, I am going back today regardless to drop off some applications; I can check then.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I checked my local Sears out yesturday, but, sadly, there were no copies available.

Looks like I'll need to spend $50+ to finally own it. Tell me again why Nintendo stopped printing this compilation?[/QUOTE]

To make you buy the next elite compilation they sell around the holidays. When "The Mario Wii Collection", compiling Galaxy, Galaxy 2, NSMB, and Paper Mario Wii comes in the red metal casing complete with a doily signed by Peach herself and sprayed with a hint of her fuzzy perfume, you'll go out and buy that for $449.99 with a $74.99 signup fee to join the site where the preorder can be processed. In order to join the site, you'll have to send Reggie a signed contract offering your soul as collateral.

But you'll go to yourself, "Golly, I sure do remember when I passed on Metroid Prime Trilogy and gee whiz, did I ever regret that." And you'll join. You'll buy. You won't want to miss out ever again.

Nintendo's Master Plan will have come to fruition and your mind the fertile field reaped of a wondrous crop, a mind ready to buy anything Nintendo prints. But you'll know deep down that you didn't miss out this time. WAH-HOOOOO!

[quote name='arcane93']Oddly, actually, one store here did restock Muramasa this month -- about five copies appeared out of nowhere (at the updated clearance price) when they had previously sold out a month earlier. Of course those are now long gone too, but still, apparently restocking of clearance items is not entirely impossible. It probably depends on whether they have more stock at their warehouse to get rid of.

That being said, I've been in about twelve Sears stores in the past month (beyond the ones in my immediate area, I also stopped at several along the way both ways on a road trip I took a few weeks ago), and I didn't see any copies of Metroid Prime Trilogy left at any of them. I'm glad I went ahead and grabbed it at a higher clearance price a couple of months ago.

Eh, it's not that rare yet. Pretty much all of the Targets around here, anyway, are still sitting on multiple copies of it at the full $49.99 price point. So if you can't find it on clearance anywhere, and you still want it badly enough to pay MSRP, check Target.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't get why people act like this is so hard to find. All the KMarts, Targets, and Sears (full price) around me have it; multiple copies even. I've got it already but I always keep an eye out for deals on it as I'd like to own a sealed one too.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']To make you buy the next elite compilation they sell around the holidays. When "The Mario Wii Collection", compiling Galaxy, Galaxy 2, NSMB, and Paper Mario Wii comes in the red metal casing complete with a doily signed by Peach herself and sprayed with a hint of her fuzzy perfume, you'll go out and buy that for $449.99 with a $74.99 signup fee to join the site where the preorder can be processed. In order to join the site, you'll have to send Reggie a signed contract offering your soul as collateral.

But you'll go to yourself, "Golly, I sure do remember when I passed on Metroid Prime Trilogy and gee whiz, did I ever regret that." And you'll join. You'll buy. You won't want to miss out ever again.

Nintendo's Master Plan will have come to fruition and your mind the fertile field reaped of a wondrous crop, a mind ready to buy anything Nintendo prints. But you'll know deep down that you didn't miss out this time. WAH-HOOOOO![/QUOTE]Yeah, but MPT was more of an exception than the rule. For just about any game made by Nintendo themselves there are millions of copies in print, making even some 3+ year old titles as easy to find new today as they were the day they were released.

I'd be willing to bet it had more to do with Nintendo reluctant to sell a collection of games at the price of a single game. Remember, this is the company that doesn't want to put most of their older first party games at $20 because they're afraid that the consumer will become accustom to waiting for the game's price to drop rather than buying it day 1 at full price.

[quote name='flount']ALRIGHT, we had the goose-chase for Zelda Twilight for the Gamecube at K-Mart a couple months ago. Now we can waste a bunch more people's time looking for another thing really rare at an incredibly low price that should have been posted in a clearance thread. Oh boy, oh boy![/QUOTE]

Other people are posting they find them so shut up.

Why be a negative sarcastic dickhole for no reason at all? This forum is built on gamers helping gamers. If all your going to do is act like a horses ass in peoples threads that are trying to help you and the rest of us eventually people will get tired of it and ask why its worth even bothering and thus youll end up hurting us all.

If you dont like the thread then just leave it, there is no reason to make comments like that. Unless of course you just have a huge ego and a tiny self esteem so being a random idiot to people while being safe behind your pc somehow makes you feel better.

[quote name='gargus']Other people are posting they find them so shut up.

Why be a negative sarcastic dickhole for no reason at all? This forum is built on gamers helping gamers. If all your going to do is act like a horses ass in peoples threads that are trying to help you and the rest of us eventually people will get tired of it and ask why its worth even bothering and thus youll end up hurting us all.

If you dont like the thread then just leave it, there is no reason to make comments like that. Unless of course you just have a huge ego and a tiny self esteem so being a random idiot to people while being safe behind your pc somehow makes you feel better.[/QUOTE]

Do you get off by cussing out people from on top of your highhorse?

Seriously, this game has been on clearance at Sears for three-and-a-half months. The odds per store that you will find it at this point are probably around 2% (with the game being $10 for three weeks now, probably more like less than 1% now). Deals like these are meant for clearance threads because clearances are a crap chute by nature and companies do not advertise them. A lot of people are going to waste a lot of time and get needlessly frustrated over this post.

And I'm the dickhole?

[quote name='flount']Do you get off by cussing out people from on top of your highhorse?

Seriously, this game has been on clearance at Sears for three-and-a-half months. The odds per store that you will find it at this point are probably around 2% (with the game being $10 for three weeks now, probably more like less than 1% now). Deals like these are meant for clearance threads because clearances are a crap chute by nature and companies do not advertise them. A lot of people are going to waste a lot of time and get needlessly frustrated over this post.

And I'm the dickhole?[/QUOTE]

I think you ARE the dickhole. I've never heard of anyone getting "needlessly frustrated" if their local store didn't have a clearance game.

Chances are always low to find things like this, but we all KNOW that. I'd rather have someone tell me about something i have a 1% chance of finding, then never knowing at all and having a 0% chance at it. I think since we're all here looking for extreme deals, that most people feel the same way.

We get it. You hawked the sears clearance thread so you knew about this weeks ago. Good for you. We're all VERY impressed. :roll:

[quote name='flount']Seriously, this game has been on clearance at Sears for three-and-a-half months. The odds per store that you will find it at this point are probably around 2% (with the game being $10 for three weeks now, probably more like less than 1% now). Deals like these are meant for clearance threads because clearances are a crap chute by nature and companies do not advertise them. A lot of people are going to waste a lot of time and get needlessly frustrated over this post.[/QUOTE]
It's not up to you to decide if the information should be posted or not because everyone can decide for themselves if the trips worth it. Someone, somewhere is going to so happy when they find the game.

Well, I guess I've now added the information people should have that was not in the original post. If you would like to pursue this unlikely find, that is your choice.

Snagged one, in Cutler Bay, FL! it was somewhat obscured, but the staff was helpful. Thanks again OP, worth the drive all the way!

The only real reason people are getting pissed is because of the fact that the deal was put out on the main forum. A lot of people don't really check the sears clearance thread making it possible to get some of these games really cheap. Honestly, who really gives a damn if you waste your time checking to see if the game is there or not?

[quote name='Licasguy']Snagged one, in Cutler Bay, FL! it was somewhat obscured, but the staff was helpful. Thanks again OP, worth the drive all the way![/QUOTE]

Is it stickered or do you have to scan it?

bread's done
Back