Best Buy - PS3 Exclusive 250GB system with Uncharted 2 *Pre-Order*

I guess this is OK, but (not to "thread-crap") I don't think this is really a "deal"....anyway, who uses 250GBs of space? I have I think an 80GB, and will probably never use all the space in its lifetime :rofl:

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I guess this is OK, but (not to "thread-crap") I don't think this is really a "deal"....anyway, who uses 250GBs of space? I have I think an 80GB, and will probably never use all the space in its lifetime :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I hate when people say "who uses XXXGBs of space", why would anyone complain about getting a massive HDD?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I guess this is OK, but (not to "thread-crap") I don't think this is really a "deal"....anyway, who uses 250GBs of space? I have I think an 80GB, and will probably never use all the space in its lifetime :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I have a 60. I don't really download a bunch of stuff, but due to various mandatory installs I have hit the limit. You might be surprised.

I filled my 60GB hard drive pretty quickly. Installs killed it, but I do have a lot of music on there as well. I'd be all over this to replace that now dead system, but I already have Uncharted and a 320GB replacement drive. Guess I need to keep waiting for 120GB systems to come back in stock.

I'm up to 200 GB of my 500 GB.

You != everybody else.

Is there are better deal for the PS3 at the moment. Seems like a lot of the bundles are just sold out, and I know someone in the market for one.

Nice that seems like the best bundle deal out. Seriously Uncharted 2 is my favorite game of the last decade and thats saying a lot since the last decade was IMO the real golden age of gaming.

I do. Or I probably would. I installed a 160gb hard drive in my 60gb and had to remove some stuff to make way for newer stuff. Demos, Videos, Games, Apps and etc, it all adds up.

Dude, i have a 500gb and i'm already at the 60% used mark. How? Well, i install everything and i save all of them (game data take time to install, so i don't delete them). I never ever delete game saves, even those crappy games i played.

On top of game data/saves, demos of games i want to eventually buy (i delete those once i purchase the game).

Then HD game trailers and movie trailers, i kept the cool ones to remind me to get the BD later.

Then there are divx and media files... AVCHD files take up quite a bit of space, but seeing family moments instantly on the PS3, worth the space :)

250gb is nothing.... I had to clean up my PS3's divx movies to free up space (it would be cool if i have a bigger drive like 1TB or 2TB :lol:).

Oh, then there's this thing with Game Sharing, which accumulates a lot of PSN games and take up tons of space...

Bottom line is, digital "junks" are way easier to store than physical junks and a lot cheaper in terms of space too. I almost never delete bad shots from digital cameras too...

The first thing i get another PS3, change the hdd to the highest capacity, i believe 720gb? or 620gb? It's a bit pricey at the moment i think, so maybe 500gb is a better bargain.

Uncharted 2 is a bonus, but i think you can get it cheaper separately... Not a good bargain, but descent. Definitely a lukewarm deal for those need a PS3.

If I had 250GB I would put my mp3 collection that's up to 100GB on there. Eventually I'd put my g's mp3s on there. 250 gone.

[quote name='isofan1']I hate when people say "who uses XXXGBs of space", why would anyone complain about getting a massive HDD?[/QUOTE]
Because they're paying $50 for a larger hard drive and Uncharted 2. If you need both, great! If you only need one or the other, both can be had for cheaper (Newegg is selling 500GB HDD for $40 right now). I wish there were bundles for the 120GB version, but then Sony would never move the 250GB ones at their over-priced hard drive markup.

20% Bing cash back for Best Buy right now. I was able to get the cashback link to show using keywords "macbook pro" when searching on Bing.

It is Street Dated in RSS for release on Sunday June 13th. So for the stores that are selling them early, chances are they are in the ad for next week and you won't have any for it.

[quote name='mkivsuptt']20% Bing cash back for Best Buy right now. I was able to get the cashback link to show using keywords "macbook pro" when searching on Bing.[/QUOTE]

didn't work for me. I tried looking for Best Buy under the cashback store listings and it's not there...

What I don't understand is what's so exclusive about this????

It's just a bigger HD and a game that's been out for a bit. Nothing special. If I knew one of yall locally, I'd throw you a bigger HD that you could easily install (320 gigs) and direct you to a friend who has this game on the low

[quote name='strongpimphand']What I don't understand is what's so exclusive about this????

It's just a bigger HD and a game that's been out for a bit. Nothing special. If I knew one of yall locally, I'd throw you a bigger HD that you could easily install (320 gigs) and direct you to a friend who has this game on the low[/QUOTE]
It is not about it being exclusive. If you could find a brand new PS3 within 20 miles of my town, you would be lucky.
Anyway, I could just as easily sell Uncharted 2 (Not that I would do that) and get a 250 gig system for the same price as a 120 gig system.

[quote name='bh47']didn't work for me. I tried looking for Best Buy under the cashback store listings and it's not there...[/QUOTE]

Best Buy isnt listed int the cash back sotre list, you have to do web search on bing for the right item and it will appear at the top of the search results as a sponsored link. Try searching for "D60" that the term I used when I ordered mine. Or do this-

try going to http://www.bing.com

and in the browser bar delete everything and copy and paste this below you should just see Best Buy Link.

javascript:void(eval("document.writeln('BestBuy');"))

I just searched for PS3 and the Best Buy 20% shows up as the first sponsored link. I used the link to preorder Crackdown 2 for in store pickup. Bing Cashback + 500 bonus points and I get the agency armor preorder bonus.

Hrrm, no Best Buy at all under any keyword given for Bing... I wonder if they do it based on past purchases? (if you've gotten 'too much' they won't show up?)

[quote name='Hellacious']It is Street Dated in RSS for release on Sunday June 13th. So for the stores that are selling them early, chances are they are in the ad for next week and you won't have any for it.[/QUOTE]

Correct these are street dated for the 13th, They are in the ad for next week for the obvious $349. Give me a few and I'll post the ad (have next weeks ad in hand).

For these Bing cashback purchases, I know that I have to pay with PayPal. But can I pay 40% with online giftcards and the remaining 60% with PayPal?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']For these Bing cashback purchases, I know that I have to pay with PayPal. But can I pay 40% with online giftcards and the remaining 60% with PayPal?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to pay with Paypal! Usually discount coupon codes stops it from working properly.

bread's done
Back