Logitech G27 $180 after rebate at amazon.com

Good to see Logitech doing rebates again; hope they get something going for a good deal on a G19.

Well shit, $30 rebate just ended! $140 is still a lot, though.

Only problem is I can't settle for a cheap-o setup for the g27 like I had for the old logitech wheel. I'm going to end up wasting a lot more money now on a playseat evo or something similar.

[quote name='Afflicted']don't have any or I'd test it myself... but do game preorder credits work on
these?[/QUOTE]

I used mine up but I bet they would have. Would have done this instead. Now we just need a Playseat deal like Amazon had in the good old days.

I just figured out a way to convert my Rock Band drum stand into a wheel stand for $5 (piece of black shelf plank and two short sticks).

Yo OP, the G27 is not sold by Amazon, but Electronic Expo... So, the $60 rebate is no good :whistle2:(

NM, the Amazon price is $239.82, ouch... which AR is $180, OP is correct.

Its going in and out of stock it looks like. Every time I check it is is still available from Amazon. I want to bite but my media room may not even be built this year.

I suggest waiting instead of jumping on it right now. GT5 won't be out for another 5 months, and I'm sure there will be a better deal sometime down the road that includes the seat.

[quote name='lee7sauce']I suggest waiting instead of jumping on it right now. GT5 won't be out for another 5 months, and I'm sure there will be a better deal sometime down the road that includes the seat.[/QUOTE]

What seat? Logitech doesn't make seats. Except for the $150 deal BB had where they cancelled a bunch of orders this is as low as it has been. This isn't earth shattering, but I'm not sure how often it is going to be this cheap.

And it has been about 3-4 years since there has been a good deal on Playseats, so don't wait for that.

Well I have a Logitech MOMO USB racing wheel which I got for free. I hope it works on Gran Turismo 5. I don't know if/how much better the G27 is though.

[quote name='Afflicted']don't have any or I'd test it myself... but do game preorder credits work on
these?[/QUOTE]

Yep, the $10 credit from 3D Dot game worked, but i didn't place the order... Not yet, the price dropped by few cents :lol:

I definitely agree that there are better deals or better setups down the road before GT5 is released. The Wii is getting an inflatable cart with wheel dock (great for kids or adults, up to 250 pounds).

BB canceled my $150 order :whistle2:( and I didn't have any luck locating a G27 in the stores, so $180 AR is still tempting. However, Amazon got no cash back and I have to pay taxes, the deal is not so hot... I will stick to my Pro wheel for now (unless another G27 for $150 or less deal surfaces).

[quote name='Serpentor']Yep, the $10 credit from 3D Dot game worked, but i didn't place the order... Not yet, the price dropped by few cents :lol:

I definitely agree that there are better deals or better setups down the road before GT5 is released. The Wii is getting an inflatable cart with wheel dock (great for kids or adults, up to 250 pounds).

BB canceled my $150 order :whistle2:( and I didn't have any luck locating a G27 in the stores, so $180 AR is still tempting. However, Amazon got no cash back and I have to pay taxes, the deal is not so hot... I will stick to my Pro wheel for now (unless another G27 for $150 or less deal surfaces).[/QUOTE]

My $10 credit from SSF4 didn't work. =[ It worked when I added GT5 though. Also, this thing's at ~$164 after rebate now. Pretty hot.

when it was $239.xx i was hoping it would drop or land in my goldbox. after 2 days of waiting, i pulled the trigger when it went up to 242.xx and said "only 2 left in stock"

i'm not sure how their inventory works because after i purchased it, it stated "only 1 left in stock" and i made a test order for the "last" one to see if it would show "sold out", but it still said "only 1 left in stock" so i canceled the test order right away. it left me wondering if amazon puts those "only xx left in stock order now" to make people with OCD jump into impulse buys.

i guess i'm glad i picked it up at 242 now that its at $260.xx. not as good as the bestbuy deal at 150+tax = 165, but 180 is not bad. only $15 more. makes me wonder if logitech is coming out with a g29 or if bestbuy just trying to move stock to make space. these things aren't small and not many will shell out 300 for it.

I emailed Amazon customer service about my $20 credit (from SMG 2) not applying. They responded with refunding $20. So after that credit and the rebate the price was $144 for me.

bread's done
Back