Wal-Mart's defective game policy?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
Anyone familiar with their return policy? I still have my receipt and everything. So here's the situation, I bought a copy of BF:BC2 towards the middle of May. I know it's past 30 days, but from what I believe, Wal-Mart also has 90 day return policy just like Target. However, I couldn't find anything on their receipt or website regarding defective games. Now before anyone starts flaming, my 360 did not destroy the disk. Matter of fact, it's perfectly fine and clean. It just wouldn't load anymore on any 360's which is odd. If I took it back to Wal-Mart and told them it's defective before 90 days, would they have a problem giving me another one?

Reason I ask is because the more I research and try to find Wal-Mart's return policy, the more shit I read about how they screw people over.

Take it in and they'll exchange it like any store.

You can't return an opened game, but no problems exchanging for same title.

http://walmartstores.com/7658.aspx

Return Policy
Walmart's Return Policy
Customer satisfaction guaranteed by repair, refund or exchange. Also, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

As an added convenience for customers, Walmart has adjusted its return policy for the holiday gift buying season for items that have a limited return/exchange period (15 days, 30 days, etc.). For these items purchased between Nov. 15 and Dec. 25, the limited return period will begin Dec. 26. This includes items such as TVs, cameras, computers, DVD and music players which can have a 15-30 day return period.

Q: Is there a time limit on RETURNS?

A: Generally, we accept returns within 90 days after purchase. There are a few exceptions, including the below examples but not limited to these examples, to the 90-day rule:

• Computer components and computer accessories must be returned within 45 days.
  • Camcorders and digital cameras must be returned within 30 days.
  • Computers and postpaid cell phones must be returned within 15 days.
  • Prerecorded music, movies, and software products must be returned unopened.
Q: Do you accept RETURNS without a receipt?

A: Walmart, for several years, has accepted returns without a receipt, even though many of our competitors require receipts for all returns. Walmart gives customers the option of a cash refund (if the purchase was under $25), a shopping card for the amount of the purchase (if it was over $25), a credit to the customer's credit card or an even exchange for the product. Also, as applicable, we follow any manufacturer’s warranties.

Q: Do you track RETURNS, do you place a limit on the number of returns?

A: In the event that a customer has returned more than three items without receipts within a 45-day period, the cash register system will automatically flag the transaction, and a customer service manager or member of management must approve the return. These cash register messages will remain for six months and will disappear if there are no more returns during that time period.

If your 360 just stopped reading the disk and there's no damage on the disk, I'd start worrying about the disk drive on your console going out.

bread's done
Back