How much is this worth in GameStop

Xelo

CAG Veteran
OK so i was wondering how much i can get for all these games for sell at game stop and they don't have case/boxes what ever they are called so they are Just the disk no book or anything else in good condition so here is the list note they are all xbox 360 games Spider Man 3, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, Forza 2 Motor sport,Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 are much are these all worth and does it have to be in a case and have a booklet can i just hand in the disk would i have enough to buy 1600 microsoft points i want to get the new mythic maps for halo 3will they give me cash or credit that i can use to buy the points and can i use credit with cash together?

[quote name='Xelo']OK so i was wondering how much i can get for all these games for sell at game stop and they don't have case/boxes what ever they are called so they are Just the disk no book or anything else in good condition so here is the list note they are all xbox 360 games Spider Man 3, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, Forza 2 Motor sport,Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 are much are these all worth and does it have to be in a case and have a booklet can i just hand in the disk would i have enough to buy 1600 microsoft points i want to get the new mythic maps for halo 3will they give me cash or credit that i can use to buy the points and can i use credit with cash together?[/QUOTE]

my guess is maybe 6 or 7 in credit, your best bet is to call or check the link that another cag posted above mine.

you can turn in games disk only, but they deduct credit for it.

you would not have enough for 1600 microsoft points.

you can use credit and cash together.

also, welcome to cag, as a word of advice, in the future, separate questions and try a little searching before asking questions like these. this will cut down on the flaming.

[quote name='Xelo']OK so i was wondering how much i can get for all these games for sell at game stop and they don't have case/boxes what ever they are called so they are Just the disk no book or anything else in good condition so here is the list note they are all xbox 360 games Spider Man 3, Fantastic Four Rise of the Silver Surfer, Forza 2 Motor sport,Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 are much are these all worth and does it have to be in a case and have a booklet can i just hand in the disk would i have enough to buy 1600 microsoft points i want to get the new mythic maps for halo 3will they give me cash or credit that i can use to buy the points and can i use credit with cash together?[/QUOTE]

:roll: wow

[quote name='Animal7390']my guess is maybe 6 or 7 in credit, your best bet is to call or check the link that another cag posted above mine.

you can turn in games disk only, but they deduct credit for it.

[/QUOTE]

They do NOT deduct credit for disk only games. You get the same price for a complete game as you do a disk only one.

[quote name='Brian9824']They do NOT deduct credit for disk only games. You get the same price for a complete game as you do a disk only one.[/QUOTE]
They have tried to hit me with a refurb fee at some of my local GS stores before for bringing in disc only stuff. It varies by store.

[quote name='Brian9824']They do NOT deduct credit for disk only games. You get the same price for a complete game as you do a disk only one.[/QUOTE]

That is such an awful policy!

So a gem mint CIB copy of a game is worth exactly the same as a disc-only copy Little Billy stole from his neighbor?
Ridiculous.

This is why the used gaming market in the US will NEVER be as amazing as the one in Japan. :(

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They have tried to hit me with a refurb fee at some of my local GS stores before for bringing in disc only stuff. It varies by store.[/QUOTE]

A refurb fee is for disc quality not completness, they can't refurbish a case, inserts, and manual into existence when one doesn't exist afterall.

[quote name='Brian9824']A refurb fee is for disc quality not completness, they can't refurbish a case, inserts, and manual into existence when one doesn't exist afterall.[/QUOTE]
They have tried that with me before(last gen trading in the Clancy Triple Pack disc only for the 3/$10 promo)and I've walked right back out of the store before with my games in hand.

I've had employee's do it both ways to me. I've traded in several disc only games and had them not charge me a refurb fee but I have on a couple occasions gotten hit with refurbs for discs only. It seemed the couple times that they did charge me for it was if I had more then one that didn't have the case or if they were busy and me going there was inconveniencing the employee.

If your stores are charging a refurb fee for disc only games then call your district manager. That is not the store policy and thats individual employee's doing it. Or better yet ask the employee how exactly they will be refurbishing a disc only game?

[quote name='Brian9824']If your stores are charging a refurb fee for disc only games then call your district manager. That is not the store policy and thats individual employee's doing it. Or better yet ask the employee how exactly they will be refurbishing a disc only game?[/QUOTE]

It is policy for some DM's though, IATCG is right. It's a YMMV thing but I believe it's probably 80-90% don't have that as district policy, but you may or may not be unlucky.

Where I'm at they don't but I've heard enough stories that it's somewhat common. There's also a lot of times it'll be just that store and if you go to a different one there's no problem.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It is policy for some DM's though, IATCG is right. It's a YMMV thing but I believe it's probably 80-90% don't have that as district policy, but you may or may not be unlucky.

Where I'm at they don't but I've heard enough stories that it's somewhat common. There's also a lot of times it'll be just that store and if you go to a different one there's no problem.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. The one store in the one mall around here had a bunch of ass kissers who tried to maximize the companies profits as much as possible cuz I guess it looked better on their DM's numbers. So everything was done by the book by them. And 'by the book' I mean their DM's book.

This is the same guy who I reported on a couple of years ago who the employees told me took great pleasure in taking needlenose pliers and snapping SNES/Genesis carts instead of having to ship them out or throw them away intact at the end of the prior gen clearance blowout.

Mind ya, there was nothing GOOD left by the time he was snapping stuff, but still I found it to be such a wasteful practice.:roll:

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I've had employee's do it both ways to me..[/QUOTE]

watch it sir this is a family site :)

bread's done
Back