Stores that break street dates in LA?

Greendomo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I'm flying out on a business trip to Hawaii earrrrly Sunday morning, and was hoping to pick up Dragons Quest IX for the flight.

The only problem is it comes out on Sunday, and my flight leaves before any stores open. Anyone know of any stores in LA that might break street date by a day so I can pick it up tomorrow? Preferably near Burbank...

Thanks!

If it comes out on a sunday call your local walmarts. They should already have it in stock. you might have to call several ones in your area until you find an employee with a brain that is smart enough to check though..
And lyric I'm playing ncaa 11 now if that helps you get through the weekend :)

Walmart wouldn't sell me it because of the street date notice, and Game Play was all out of copies when I called at 11am.

Thanks for the advice though.

If you're there at 12:01 am on Sunday you can buy it. Any street-dated entertainment product is available for sale just after midnight at any 24-hour Walmart.

Never mind I called Game Play again around 3pm and they had gotten another shipment in, so I drove down and picked up a copy! Now I can actually get some sleep tonight, and some gaming tomorrow!

Thanks for all the advice!

[quote name='mrright4you4now']If it comes out on a sunday call your local walmarts. They should already have it in stock. you might have to call several ones in your area until you find an employee with a brain that is smart enough to check though..
And lyric I'm playing ncaa 11 now if that helps you get through the weekend :)[/QUOTE]

Whats the point in telling me that your playing it if your not going to tell me where you got it from? Unless your purposley trying to be an asshole.

Lol I live in Pa so it wouldn't do ya any good. I was just making a joke. Not a lot has changed between 10 and 11 that I noticed but then again I barely played 10 before I sold it to one of my friends.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Would love to get NCAA 11 early[/QUOTE]

Check Gameplay I heard they might have it right now.
(310) 842-7776

Probably not happening....

We had a midnight launch planned at our store that we got screwed because no distributor in Southern California will release their Reach copies until tomorrow.

So small stores don't have a chance to help their customers out with a midnight copy, only the big corporate companies get that this round.

[quote name='lakingsx213']Probably not happening....

We had a midnight launch planned at our store that we got screwed because no distributor in Southern California will release their Reach copies until tomorrow.

So small stores don't have a chance to help their customers out with a midnight copy, only the big corporate companies get that this round.[/QUOTE]

I think the reason for the smaller stores not getting their copies till tomorrow is to discourage mom and pop game stores from selling the game early. I'm sorry you guys could get your midnight launch started.

If I were you, I'd never confirm that a small store broke a street date. Game companies won't follow through on threats against big companies like Gamestop and Wal-Mart (like Konami's intense fines on selling MGS4 early) but they'll definitely come after smaller store owners like me...

bread's done
Back