Tales of Vesperia $29.99 Used @ Gamestop - In-Store Only

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
During my B2G1 shopping I noticed a :360: Tales of Vesperia for $29.99 used. I thought this was a little strange since I remember seeing it at $44.99 last week in store, and also remember seeing it still $44.99 on Gamestop.com. I had the employee look it up in their system and it came up at $29.99 used. But when I came home to double check the price online, it still says $44.99, so this looks like it is in store price only.

Anyways, just a heads up for people who are looking to pick up :360: Tales of Vesperia for a good price, especially since they can take advantage of B2G1.

Here are some pictures I took from my phone, sorry if they suck, but so does my phone.

39332132.jpg

68899396.jpg

15758056.jpg

one of the best rpg's this gen, definitely worth $30

did they ever officially announce if it is or is not going to be released on ps3 in NA?

I can confirm this price, and verify that it is in-store only. It's a great price for the game, and even better if you can get it with a couple other $30 games for basically $20 each. If you have a 360 and like JRPGs, it's a must-buy.

[quote name='gospelman']one of the best rpg's this gen, definitely worth $30

did they ever officially announce if it is or is not going to be released on ps3 in NA?[/QUOTE]

Nothing has been officially announced yet for the PS3 version release in NA, but at E3 there were rumors circulating that it could be in the works, but no solid evidence of it being made.

Im starting to think that something is going to happen with this game. I havent seen it in any stores in my area for a long time and now all of a sudden its at all three gamestops by my house. Also, the fact that amazon sellers have been selling it for 30 bucks the past few weeks has me wondering if they are going to do another re-print or if they are really bringing it stateside on the PS3.

[quote name='jughead']What are some other steals that can be found at 20-30 dollars? I am intrigued with the B2G1 inclusion.[/QUOTE]
Maybe Dead Space,Resident Evil 5 (non gold edition),SAW,Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection,Fallout 3(Non game of the year),Assassins Creed 2,Tekken 6,Naruto The Broken Bond, and Halo ODST!

[quote name='gospelman']one of the best rpg's this gen, definitely worth $30

did they ever officially announce if it is or is not going to be released on ps3 in NA?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, Namco Bandai America is run by a bunch of lazy douchebags who don't like to recognize the Tales games. It annoys the shit out of me that they don't come out and say what they don't plan to release, because all that does is instill false hope in fans that they may be secretly working on one of the games. We've missed out on Rebirth, Destiny 2 (not Eternia), Tempest, Innocence, Hearts, Radiant Mythology 2, VS, Graces, and every remake that isn't Phantasia for GBA- and to my knowledge, Bamco hasn't acknowledged ANY of them in any form... besides Vesperia for PS3. And before you get your hopes up, they only came out of hiding to lie and say that Patty was never planned to be in the game, despite an in-game reference to her in the English version, and dummy files that said otherwise. They're all shitty business decisions, and it's horrible fan service. But oh, make way for Despicable Me: The Game. That's much more important than bringing one of Japan's number one RPG franchises stateside. It's bull like that explains why they're in debt right now. All I can say is rot faster, Bamco, so a company that cares about the series can get a hold of it and do something with it.

>_> I feel very strongly about this.

[quote name='legendarydogs']It is new at amazon for 35.[/QUOTE]

1. That doesn't include shipping as it's not fulfilled by Amazon.
2. Most CAG's have the Edge card so it's $27 instead of $30
3. Gamestop is currently doing B2G1F on used games so this is an enticing option if you want to get 3 $30 base price used games.

[quote name='legendarydogs']It is new at amazon for 35.[/QUOTE]

Man, I checked this like yesterday and it was going for $29.99 new on amazon. Seems like pricing and availablity has been fluctuating quite rapidly recently.

Ruahrc

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Unfortunately, Namco Bandai America is run by a bunch of lazy douchebags who don't like to recognize the Tales games. It annoys the shit out of me that they don't come out and say what they don't plan to release, because all that does is instill false hope in fans that they may be secretly working on one of the games. We've missed out on Rebirth, Destiny 2 (not Eternia), Tempest, Innocence, Hearts, Radiant Mythology 2, VS, Graces, and every remake that isn't Phantasia for GBA- and to my knowledge, Bamco hasn't acknowledged ANY of them in any form... besides Vesperia for PS3. And before you get your hopes up, they only came out of hiding to lie and say that Patty was never planned to be in the game, despite an in-game reference to her in the English version, and dummy files that said otherwise. They're all shitty business decisions, and it's horrible fan service. But oh, make way for Despicable Me: The Game. That's much more important than bringing one of Japan's number one RPG franchises stateside. It's bull like that explains why they're in debt right now. All I can say is rot faster, Bamco, so a company that cares about the series can get a hold of it and do something with it.

>_> I feel very strongly about this.[/QUOTE]Well, you posted pretty much everything I wanted to say. Thanks for the trouble. :applause:

Sorry for those waiting for the PS3 version, but it ain't gonna' happen.

As for the game, I might pick up another copy (Sold if for some decent scratch months ago). I already beat it, but this is WITHOUT a doubt the best RPG this gen and I need it back into my collection!

[quote name='BackInBlack']Wow, where was everyone last black friday? This was 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I know right? I got it shipped for $6 after a coupon and sold it because I didn't have any time to play. Now I got all the time I need and no ToV:cry:

picked this up at my local GS today as part of the B2G1 along with Toy Story 3 and Super Street Fighter IV. Not the best combination per price but I've wanted to play Tales ever since downloading the demo over a year ago.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Wow, where was everyone last black friday? This was 15 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I was on CAG. And I bought it. :)

Shoulda bought extras for ebay. :bomb::error:

[quote name='asianlikerice']I would rather pick up the chinese international version of it then get the xbox360 version; dual audio ftw.[/QUOTE]

link to where i can get such version?

[quote name='asianlikerice']I would rather pick up the chinese international version of it then get the xbox360 version; dual audio ftw.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure there's no such version. I believe it's only the manual that's in English. Not the game having dual audio...

[quote name='BrownCracker']Im starting to think that something is going to happen with this game. I havent seen it in any stores in my area for a long time and now all of a sudden its at all three gamestops by my house. Also, the fact that amazon sellers have been selling it for 30 bucks the past few weeks has me wondering if they are going to do another re-print or if they are really bringing it stateside on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Im fairly sure its already been re-printed. If you notice, there's another thread somewhere saying that there are a bunch of copies on amazon from some seller (and i believe they were new ones) for like $35 i think.

Also someone beat the OP to it, mentioning in that thread yesterday afternoon that Gamestop had it for $29.99 used.

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Im fairly sure its already been re-printed. If you notice, there's another thread somewhere saying that there are a bunch of copies on amazon from some seller (and i believe they were new ones) for like $35 i think.

Also someone beat the OP to it, mentioning in that thread yesterday afternoon that Gamestop had it for $29.99 used.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and that seller sold out.

I myself found it for 29.99 at K-Mart, not sure if it was a reprint or not, but it was a hell of a find for me. Saw like 2 other copies too

It sold out in like 10 minutes if that. Don't assume that everyone had a chance to pick it up.

[quote name='Estebon']It sold out in like 10 minutes if that. Don't assume that everyone had a chance to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

It was actually up for almost half of the day but who really care since it is over with. I now wish I bought it though, thought there was going to be a better U.S. PS3 verison coming.

[quote name='UjnHunter']Is $29.99 a good price for this used??? I bought it like 6 months ago for $27.99 new.[/QUOTE]

If you are lucky a few stores have these new for $29.99 or less , I bought one 6 months ago from kmart and recently traded it to gamestop during their $25 promo. Regretted it as soon as I walked out of the store but lo and behold I'm at a swap meet on thursday and someones selling a complete copy for $10 :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
"They remove the shrinkwrap and sell it as used so that no one can sell it as new." is weak imho and how does it differ from their current practices. Removing the shrink wrapping makes a game "used" apparently to everyone but gamestop and it even seems they agree. I'd like to see a reprint of the steelbook version.

[quote name='Tkfourtwoone']"They remove the shrinkwrap and sell it as used so that no one can sell it as new." is weak imho and how does it differ from their current practices. Removing the shrink wrapping makes a game "used" apparently to everyone but gamestop and it even seems they agree. I'd like to see a reprint of the steelbook version.[/QUOTE]

They did that with SMT:Nocturne and Fatal Frame as well. I would speculate that they do this to be allowed to raise the price of the game above MSRP. They have more freedom with how much they sell their used copies.

This is a reprint version. The original has a color manual while the reprint is in black and white with the new eco friendly dvd case.

FYI! I work at Gamestop and we have gotten an influx of used ToV in. What is funny is every copy has had the same problem with the case being a bit rough on the top and bottom as if they were scraped on something. This is not a major issue as the cover art, instructions and disc are not affected by this and are in MINT condition. So anyways if you want this there is a good change your Gamestop just got a few copies in. I think they took the new ToV out of the computer inventory and found a case of them and is selling them used. $27 is a great price for this.

bread's done
Back